New deceased client - what are the pitfalls?
Client died in March 2012. Income was from property jointly with his wife, and he also had income from shares.
The client is new to me - he previously did his own tax returns.
I have been asked by his wife to complete the 2012 tax return. Can anyone give me advice on pitfalls I may expect?
And who signs the tax return?
- flat rate scheme 172 4
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 212 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,965 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 130 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 472 5
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 162 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 96 1
- VAT refund 320 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,284 37
- Turnover on a tax return 550 12
- incorrect old p60 565 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 140 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 184 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 160 1
- Special dividends & CGT 206 1
- Networking 370 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 281 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 306 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 340 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 298 2