New deceased client - what are the pitfalls?
Client died in March 2012. Income was from property jointly with his wife, and he also had income from shares.
The client is new to me - he previously did his own tax returns.
I have been asked by his wife to complete the 2012 tax return. Can anyone give me advice on pitfalls I may expect?
And who signs the tax return?
- Disbursement of recharge 385 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 29 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 307 9
- Mortgage Reference 906 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 310 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 113 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 168 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 147 1
- RTI offline? 620 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 176 1
- CIS and Xero 279 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 271 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 190 2
- property capital gains 413 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 164 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 951 9
- Tips on meals 573 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,355 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 249 3