New deceased client - what are the pitfalls?
Client died in March 2012. Income was from property jointly with his wife, and he also had income from shares.
The client is new to me - he previously did his own tax returns.
I have been asked by his wife to complete the 2012 tax return. Can anyone give me advice on pitfalls I may expect?
And who signs the tax return?
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 340 4
- Annual director payments for a small limited company 247 6
- Going to miss CT filing deadline 43 1
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 95 1
- Categories on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 269 4
- Relevant life plan 230 6
- Flat Rate VAT - reclaiming VAT on Capital Purchase (bought on lease hire) 148 4
- The return 946 28
- Directors loan - no longer a director 117 1
- Why .... 549 6
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 523 10
- Any advice on large 55 inch + computer monitor 152 1
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 388 6
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 466 10
- Limited Company expenses 292 7
- Formating cells in Excel 278 6
- UK taxation of income from property in Cyprus 195 4
- Advice needed for Annual Accounting Period - companies house 299 8
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 614 17
- Freehold Property Depreciation 360 15
- Possible Partnership? 578
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 494
- New Fangled Penalties 386
- Clubs and Taxable Income 312
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 286
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 235
- Loans to other companies 234
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 200
- Outsource Data Entry 192
- Moving away from CCH software 179