New deceased client - what are the pitfalls?
Client died in March 2012. Income was from property jointly with his wife, and he also had income from shares.
The client is new to me - he previously did his own tax returns.
I have been asked by his wife to complete the 2012 tax return. Can anyone give me advice on pitfalls I may expect?
And who signs the tax return?
- Starting up in practice - safety net 215 6
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 350 9
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 108 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 344 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 236 4
- Rental property company 114 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 328 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 265 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 387 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 167 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 204 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 151 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 507 5
- Director's tax return 402 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 189 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,142 34
- Flat rate vat 249 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 199 5
- Coming in from the cold 404 3
- Splitting the tax year 199 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 823
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 572
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 441
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 321
- Free Tax Legislation? 294
- Director Loan account operation 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 263
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 260
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 239
- Paye procedures for CVA 181