New deceased client - what are the pitfalls?
Client died in March 2012. Income was from property jointly with his wife, and he also had income from shares.
The client is new to me - he previously did his own tax returns.
I have been asked by his wife to complete the 2012 tax return. Can anyone give me advice on pitfalls I may expect?
And who signs the tax return?
- Working out a daily rate 12 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 386 22
- Payroll dates 43 4
- Auto enrolment 1,172 12
- missing 890 20
- Self-employed b/f losses 112 3
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 61 1
- are receipts needed? 105 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 497 16
- sole trader - operating under cis 178 4
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 128 7
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,772 61
- Partnership merger 79 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 703 25
- Know it alls (who don't) 826 19
- VAT on motor expenses 994 36
- Incorporation with pending court case 173 3
- Reposted question 150 2
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 262 7
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 281 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,568
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 867
- International interest certificate 478
- NOVA 335
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 245
- Management expenses for investment company 226
- Bonus Bonds 222
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 215
- Help with tax codes on Sage 167
- Capital reduction 158