New deceased client - what are the pitfalls?
Client died in March 2012. Income was from property jointly with his wife, and he also had income from shares.
The client is new to me - he previously did his own tax returns.
I have been asked by his wife to complete the 2012 tax return. Can anyone give me advice on pitfalls I may expect?
And who signs the tax return?
- Use of home deduction 484 15
- Copy Wanted 661 3
- Tax Relief on Bridging Loan 20 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 846 31
- Non resident income. 234 12
- Company dividends 389 12
- Self Assessment University Superannuation Scheme 56 1
- 11pm and having a blonde moment 75 2
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 172 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 524 21
- Software 324 8
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 397 6
- SA late payment penalty 180 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 294 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 98 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 107 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 110 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 117 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,418 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 260 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 852
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 545
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 513
- Latest phishing scam 400
- Entrepreneurs' relief 373
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 333
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 313
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 300
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 211
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 190