New deceased client - what are the pitfalls?
Client died in March 2012. Income was from property jointly with his wife, and he also had income from shares.
The client is new to me - he previously did his own tax returns.
I have been asked by his wife to complete the 2012 tax return. Can anyone give me advice on pitfalls I may expect?
And who signs the tax return?
- Charity work 221 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 212 6
- Director Drawings 119 5
- Accounts Software 74 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,668 38
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 252 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 213 7
- HMRC Agents Line 174 3
- Collection or business assets 91 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 255 8
- Company Director In Prison 420 10
- Tax position re this lease? 366 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 713 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 97 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,663 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 87 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 342 5
- AWeb - download file 142 2
- pension paid by company? 331 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 758 17
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 673
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 512
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 335
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 327
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 243
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 215
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 201