New deceased client - what are the pitfalls?
Client died in March 2012. Income was from property jointly with his wife, and he also had income from shares.
The client is new to me - he previously did his own tax returns.
I have been asked by his wife to complete the 2012 tax return. Can anyone give me advice on pitfalls I may expect?
And who signs the tax return?
- Company Structure 358 9
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 269 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 545 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 491 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 108 3
- Time recording 170 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 258 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 156 2
- Land Registry 272 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 967 13
- Auto Enrolment 674 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 808 19
- Company Number 10000000 421 4
- Advertising Tips? 343 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,519 29
- IR35 369 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 428 12
- Revenue phishing examples 278 1
- iris update 11.9.2 243 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 734
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 435
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 369
- Directors' advances and credits 287
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 235
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 211
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195