New deceased client - what are the pitfalls?
Client died in March 2012. Income was from property jointly with his wife, and he also had income from shares.
The client is new to me - he previously did his own tax returns.
I have been asked by his wife to complete the 2012 tax return. Can anyone give me advice on pitfalls I may expect?
And who signs the tax return?
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 66 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,253 19
- Scanners 164 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 75 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 154 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 231 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 400 9
- Payment plans for clients 111 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 224 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 236 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 444 9
- P60 or payslips? 92 1
- Property income in different capacities 105 1
- IHT dilemma 1,382 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 190 1
- IT advisory questions? 176 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 793 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 143 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 526 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,158
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 797
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 487
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 271
- Director phone costs 233
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 226
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 198
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 152
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 136