New deceased client - what are the pitfalls?
Client died in March 2012. Income was from property jointly with his wife, and he also had income from shares.
The client is new to me - he previously did his own tax returns.
I have been asked by his wife to complete the 2012 tax return. Can anyone give me advice on pitfalls I may expect?
And who signs the tax return?
- Telephone call from "Xero" 410 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 103 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,161 46
- dividend 139 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 104 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 250 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 161 3
- Irish Taxation 135 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 304 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 509 6
- Drector renting room to company 89 1
- Off site storage 148 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 599 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 247 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 348 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 235 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 326 4
- Self assesment losses 321 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 173 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 183 1
- Xtuple 563
- Qtac payroll for bureau 385
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 341
- Domain name sale and limited company 232
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 211
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 207
- Investment 204
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 180
- Tax on damages received 179
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 149