New deceased client - what are the pitfalls?
Client died in March 2012. Income was from property jointly with his wife, and he also had income from shares.
The client is new to me - he previously did his own tax returns.
I have been asked by his wife to complete the 2012 tax return. Can anyone give me advice on pitfalls I may expect?
And who signs the tax return?
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 106 4
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 496 10
- Identify cost savings 68 1
- Freelance/Employee 902 22
- VAT on children's clothing 132 4
- when is a bad debt a bad debt 211 6
- Why do I get the feeling ... 366 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 2,416 50
- Concurrent users 424 7
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 75 1
- Member meet up 1 October in London 216 6
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,556 18
- P11D & tax return 233 9
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 262 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 467 8
- Fees 719 7
- Creation of leases out of freehold 166 2
- Selling Business 322 2
- Capital Goods Scheme 142 6
- HMRC incompetency 386 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 796
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 437
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 388
- Electric Car 327
- S222 Charge 264
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 235
- AIA 209
- IP trans to holding company 209
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 197
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 165