New deceased client - what are the pitfalls?
Client died in March 2012. Income was from property jointly with his wife, and he also had income from shares.
The client is new to me - he previously did his own tax returns.
I have been asked by his wife to complete the 2012 tax return. Can anyone give me advice on pitfalls I may expect?
And who signs the tax return?
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 333 6
- . 519 14
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 261 7
- Limited company purchase of property 494 4
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 125 3
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,005 15
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 295 17
- Goodwill complications 281 6
- Tax relief for VAT assessment 41 1
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 150 1
- How much of your work is admin? 706 9
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 222 4
- Will I need to resign? 458 7
- Trade creditor journal 122 2
- The declaration on the VAT return is wrong ??? 190 1
- Old CGT loss 244 4
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 485 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 412 9
- HMRC Distraint 161 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 175 2