New issue of Class B share | AccountingWEB

New issue of Class B share

Hello, I'm a little rusty having been away from practice for three or four years.

Company director wishes to issue a share to new shareholder.  Director does not take a dividend but wishes new shareholder to take a dividend.  My suggestion would be to issue a new share then vary it so it's a Class B share.  I think we have to vary the director's as well, to become Class A shares.  I have been searching around in my Company Law book and Companies House for what needs to be done but would appreciate if someone with recent experience could throw in their thoughts..

1. Issue a share certificate to new shareholder

2. Make entry in comapny register to allot new share

3.Notify Companies House on SH08 to change the class.

Do we need to hold an EGM?

Do we need to do anything else?

Many thanks!



There are 3 comments. Login or register to view them.

Briefly ...

Euan MacLennan |
Euan MacLennan's picture

Thanks for your reply!

dinamic |

I know you didn't ask about tax