New issue of Class B share
Hello, I'm a little rusty having been away from practice for three or four years.
Company director wishes to issue a share to new shareholder. Director does not take a dividend but wishes new shareholder to take a dividend. My suggestion would be to issue a new share then vary it so it's a Class B share. I think we have to vary the director's as well, to become Class A shares. I have been searching around in my Company Law book and Companies House for what needs to be done but would appreciate if someone with recent experience could throw in their thoughts..
1. Issue a share certificate to new shareholder
2. Make entry in comapny register to allot new share
3.Notify Companies House on SH08 to change the class.
Do we need to hold an EGM?
Do we need to do anything else?
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,028 16
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 586 19
- Taxation of UK branches of foreign companies 164 1
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 79 2
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,566 31
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 372 10
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 249 6
- Annual Investment Allowance on Van 460 8
- International priorities 110 1
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 485 10
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 147 3
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,610 34
- iris update 11.9.2 281 3
- Company Structure 438 12
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 514 13
- Revenue phishing examples 376 2
- Do joint employment contracts enjoy double NI allowances? 290 4
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 399 1
- Advertising Tips? 387 8
- Transferring rental property to limited company 567 15
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 740
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 437
- Costly Accounting Software contract 375
- Directors' advances and credits 291
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 265
- DTA tie-breaker issue 255
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 236
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 213
- CGT for NOn UK residents 197
- Apprenticeship Levy 187