New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 669 10
- Employment Intermediaries 86 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,657 30
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 422 5
- CGT on selling company shares 232 9
- do i need an online accounting software 194 4
- transfer of invesments from company name to individual 169 3
- Moneysoft Payroll 679 16
- Companies House Search 373 4
- Property gift to sister 301 8
- VAT dergistration confirmation? 114 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,696 28
- VAT Triangulation Service UK - UK - EC 169 3
- Who gets the CGT deduction 299 4
- VAT training 421 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 292 7
- 31st october deadline 416 6
- RTI Late Registration query 162 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 282 2
- Payroll software 219 1
- NHS finance professionals 721
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 431
- Foreign Pension Contribution 409
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 391
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 388
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 347
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 308
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 292
- Incorporating doctors 236
- IFA income recognition & reporting 233