New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- Busines software 72 2
- Goods Purchased for Rental 140 5
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 287 4
- Buy to let and capitak gain 97 2
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 284 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 452 10
- are receipts needed? 593 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 258 3
- Bookkeping software 702 7
- Clogged Losses 273 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 251 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 647 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 306 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 257 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 116 1
- General tax book with planning 250 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 189 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 199 1
- Gift of property & improvements 156 3
- VAT Invoice 213 6
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 906
- International interest certificate 518
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 316
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 264
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 179
- P11D benefit received by widow 156
- EXACT ONLINE 151
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 149