New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 141 2
- Scoot 156 3
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 126 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 182 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 655 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,429 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 101 1
- Regaining my qualification 171 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 227 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 190 2
- Auto enrolment 178 3
- Shareholder agreement 165 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 193 3
- Company Reorganisation 153 3
- Employee Loan 195 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 459 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 579 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 139 1
- Wear and tear allowance 461 6
- Accountants' Error 662 12
- Skandia using wrong address 1,447
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 756
- Any views 691
- HMRC Employers Diary 520
- International interest certificate 422
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 384
- Sale of business 350
- NOVA 257
- Advertising services? 246
- IRIS Open Books problem 240