New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- Can't read my handwriting 588 14
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,848 487
- Employing a carer 99 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 163 11
- Fees for Property Tax Return 508 16
- PRR 438 14
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 189 13
- Corp Tax Refund 151 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 352 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 269 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 65 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 205 1
- Audit partner? 251 6
- Losses on FHL Property 108 1
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 267 5
- Has anyone encountered this scenario 170 1
- corp tax software 987 13
- Does anyone use quotation software? 316 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,617 72
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 718 15
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,371
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 516
- National Insurance 406
- Non Resident 315
- Hands on experience of Digita 239
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 219
- Employer's Helpline 186
- CIS paid under reg 9 180
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 147
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 142