New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- AIA 110 4
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,033 47
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 232 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 242 9
- client can't/won't pay 348 12
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 272 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,173 18
- Help - Capital Allowance 110 5
- 5% penalty on late payment 223 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 177 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 527 26
- HMRC SA software error? 133 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 166 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 260 14
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 187 6
- Treatment of income for sole trader 150 2
- wave software 123 1
- Freelance software consultant 331 5
- Window Comb Binder Cover 124 2
- losses carried forward 380 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 783
- Copy Wanted 498
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 454
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 452
- Latest phishing scam 285
- Entrepreneurs' relief 270
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 266
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 248
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 235
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 231