New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- Starting up in practice - safety net 217 6
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 350 9
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 108 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 344 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 236 4
- Rental property company 114 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 328 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 265 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 387 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 167 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 204 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 151 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 507 5
- Director's tax return 402 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 189 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,143 34
- Flat rate vat 249 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 199 5
- Coming in from the cold 404 3
- Splitting the tax year 199 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 823
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 572
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 441
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 321
- Free Tax Legislation? 294
- Director Loan account operation 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 263
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 260
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 239
- Paye procedures for CVA 181