New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- Money Laundering and handover 92 1
- Does a UK LTD pay Corporation Tax before sending dividend to Holding Company? 143 3
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 975 47
- New starter error how to correct 107 2
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 245 4
- Summer house for business only 225 2
- Taxi Plate & Car 194 5
- Dividends out of profit where P&L bfwd is in deficit 160 4
- SA316s 253 4
- Director with lots of personal expenses 120 2
- LEL and PAYE registration 132 2
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 599 13
- Filing amended tax return 140 1
- Tier One Tribunal 233 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 845 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 126 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 142 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 267 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 172 2
- Another transfer of property 165 2
- Construction CIS LLP Company 614
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 601
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 390
- Pensions Regulator 360
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 298
- Using the correct forms 272
- RTI - duplicate employee record 270
- SA penalty proposals 260
- Accelerated payment notices 241
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 238