New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- Restructuring company and Form 42 137 6
- Design your ideal tax department 733 17
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 214 9
- Cells from many sheets 157 3
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 152 5
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 170 8
- Relationship between amortisation and distributable profits 95 6
- Investment company 182 6
- More RTI stuff 139 4
- Personal allowance 552 12
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 78 1
- Childcare vouchers 200 3
- Overseas company and VAT 85 2
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 89 2
- Financial statements accounting policies 88 1
- Scams are not always obvious 1,352 28
- Little PPR calc question 132 2
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 410 5
- Expenses allowable against income from lodger 234 4
- Retrospective Credit Notes 88 2
- New Fangled Penalties 1,051
- Moving away from CCH software 914
- Recruitment agencies 540
- QROP pension input amounts 419
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 367
- Deemed Employment Payment 355
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 319
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 303
- fraud 236
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 229