New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- US royalties 13 1
- What's in a name ? 72 2
- Sole trader mix up 230 3
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 689 5
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 859 27
- Help Required 178 5
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 194 4
- Filing company accounts 97 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 462 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 139 5
- Company Name - Number of Characters 243 7
- Bulk Invoicing 142 5
- late second payment on account 100 1
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 145 6
- How much did you pay for your website 1,350 22
- Is a dormant CT600 needed? 148 2
- What would you do in this situation? 380 9
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 564 6
- Project being run jointly 81 1
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 306 12
- CTA study material 686
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 416
- Employment related securities question 259
- AIM Stocks and IHT 240
- ATED Penalties 234
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 190
- Trust for Employee 178
- Expat pension contributions? 173
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 140
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 126