New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 28 1
- is this fraud? 527 11
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,207 27
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 748 14
- Not a good start no broadband 322 7
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 377 8
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 600 10
- Property initial recognition 124 2
- P11D Dispensation 198 3
- Question regarding gym training 224 3
- CPD 80 1
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 404 7
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 133 1
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 169 4
- Directors Subsistence 378 3
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 204 2
- How long are 64-8s taking these days? 426 9
- R&D tax credit claim 169 4
- New company - form a group? 108 1
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 137 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 566
- Cancelled 339
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 322
- Cancelled 278
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 241
- Probiz 223
- CIS Deductions 185
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 170
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 167
- Car leasing scheme 158