New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 204 3
- Go Cardless 317 9
- SA302 265 5
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 180 3
- Hmrc software 211 3
- Mehjoo 264 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 104 1
- Hosted email exchange 170 5
- South African Government Pension 178 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 160 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 275 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 304 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 240 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 146 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 281 7
- New Email Extensions 192 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 312 2
- Dental practice incorpration 154 1
- Audit rules 177 4
- business entertaining deductibility 181 1
- Xtuple 508
- Qtac payroll for bureau 343
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 290
- Industrial & Provident Societies 282
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 224
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 172
- Domain name sale and limited company 167
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 161
- CIS schemes 160
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 140