New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 103 1
- Providing registered office address to clients 72 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 757 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 385 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,435 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 179 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 460 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 131 3
- What would you do in this situation? 198 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 148 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 622 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 652 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 107 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 350 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 251 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 223 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 418 6
- NOVA 559 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 285 10
- Regional Development Grant 136 4
- Bonus Bonds 395
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 385
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 298
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 262
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 192
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 190
- Company Car Lease 164
- Finance Lease 159
- Form 42 153
- Demerger Reserve 133