New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 63 4
- Budget 2015 - take two 307 4
- Sage opening balance / retained profit nightmare! 84 1
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 311 6
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 62 1
- Benefit in kind but no salary 323 6
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 229 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 257 3
- Pension Fund Audit for HMRC form APSS106 - suggested program? 79 3
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 140 2
- CGT on transfer of property 373 20
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,253 23
- Advisory Fuel Rates 126 5
- The stupidity continues 2,576 102
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,536 28
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 84 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 172 1
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 219 8
- Excel file Corrupted 197 3
- Ishares Ftse 100 (ETF) -Ireland 125 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 468
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 456
- WIP Software 323
- No payroll scheme in place 268
- Is there anything wrong with this? 242
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 239
- Small Part Disposal of Property 212
- Uncommercial property business 212
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 181
- SA Penalty 174