New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- Get it off your chest 187 4
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 234 7
- Directors bonus 111 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 67 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 259 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 179 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 128 3
- break even point 1,104 33
- The return 731 27
- Sell business after leaving country 322 6
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 78 1
- IHT Query 394 8
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 86 2
- Charity accounting 66 2
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 998 44
- IHT on offshore settlement 149 2
- How best to declare a mistake on a tax return by previous agent 146 1
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 357 2
- Limited Company trading status. 330 8
- Payroll 186 6
- Possible Partnership? 549
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 546
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 479
- New Fangled Penalties 347
- Clubs and Taxable Income 288
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 269
- Loans to other companies 214
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 206
- Outsource Data Entry 172
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 172