New limited company first year tax returns due. Have I got it right?
Thanks for your time.
Last March I started a company and the company accounts year ends on the 3rd of March. I just want to run by you what I've gathered so far about tax implications for Limited Companies to see if I'm barking up the right tree :)
I'm all up for getting an accountant to do the actual end of year returns but I want to understand my company accounts too!
So based on an example total turnover of £50,000;
Total turnover: £50,000
Salaries (myself and my wife at £442 per week): £10,608
Total expenses: £25,608
Total pre-tax profit: £24,392
Total corporation tax due (20%): £4,878.40
Profit available for dividends: £19,513.60
- Does this look correct?
- I only have to fill in a Limited Company tax return? Or are there more forms?
- Paying ourselves this salary which is the NI threshold, the company doesn't have to pay tax on the salaries?
- My wife and I, we don't have to pay tax on these salaries either?
- I'm able to then give the remaining amount (or a part thereof) to myself as dividends. The company doesn't pay tax on dividends. Do I have to pay tax on those dividends?
- Finally, do we have to fill in a standard self assessment? Or not because we are seen as an employee of the company and the salary is below the NI threshold?
Thanks for your time!
- Accountant software 402 11
- Accounting jobs in the UK 135 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 229 1
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 136 2
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 196 4
- CIS gross status review 87 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 121 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 346 6
- Flat rate vat error 239 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 129 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 140 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 76 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 143 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 358 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 615 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 266 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 604 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 200 4
- Charge out rates in London? 212 2
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 182 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 750
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 481
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 295
- How to format a stock book 261
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 210
- Tax efficient holding company structure 200
- Investment property company accounts template 189
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 185
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 167
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 158