New partenrship without a UTR
There I was all smug because we'd done all but a handfull of returns by early December and a Dad of a close friend turned up saying he started a 2 man partnership in 2010 and could I do their 2010/11 accounts & return.
One of the partners is reg'd self employed but the other isn't and, of course, nobody has ever registered the partnership.
The application for a partnership UTR has been done online but I understand it could take weeks for a UTR to appear, then, of course, the unknown partner needs that to register himself as self employed.
As I've not had anything like this before can anyone confirm the above and that there's not a short-cut to getting all the numbers onto a partnership return and Mr Unknown's return before 31 Jan?
I've told them they will be fined but, just in case.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 153 3
- VAT on Hire Purchase 172 2
- "Audit Report" 69 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 477 13
- Coding Notice 228 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 242 6
- New business - journal entries 410 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 224 3
- Payroll software 649 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 268 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 397 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 733 18
- B2B vat in the EU 188 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 200 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 229 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 197 4
- LLP as member of LLP 138 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,840 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 515 7
- Vat 306 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 866
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 721
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 411
- Social investment tax relief 219
- Digita Hosted Software 213
- Call Centre Data Costs 201
- accounting for this transaction 192
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 172
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 168
- Travel costs and contractors 167