New partenrship without a UTR
There I was all smug because we'd done all but a handfull of returns by early December and a Dad of a close friend turned up saying he started a 2 man partnership in 2010 and could I do their 2010/11 accounts & return.
One of the partners is reg'd self employed but the other isn't and, of course, nobody has ever registered the partnership.
The application for a partnership UTR has been done online but I understand it could take weeks for a UTR to appear, then, of course, the unknown partner needs that to register himself as self employed.
As I've not had anything like this before can anyone confirm the above and that there's not a short-cut to getting all the numbers onto a partnership return and Mr Unknown's return before 31 Jan?
I've told them they will be fined but, just in case.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- are receipts needed? 260 8
- How to? 99 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 114 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 564 19
- New accountant 320 6
- Loss Relief 86 1
- Tax case reference request 167 2
- Working out a daily rate 242 6
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 157 2
- Amending prior year accounts for the first time? 1,395 25
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 480 6
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 104 2
- Loan notes payment of principal and interest 97 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 207 2
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 219 5
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 470 27
- Sage 50 203 2
- sole trader - operating under cis 242 7
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,985 65
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 802 28
- Skandia using wrong address 1,583
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 880
- International interest certificate 491
- NOVA 344
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 267
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 252
- Management expenses for investment company 239
- Bonus Bonds 234
- Help with tax codes on Sage 183
- Capital reduction 169