New partenrship without a UTR
There I was all smug because we'd done all but a handfull of returns by early December and a Dad of a close friend turned up saying he started a 2 man partnership in 2010 and could I do their 2010/11 accounts & return.
One of the partners is reg'd self employed but the other isn't and, of course, nobody has ever registered the partnership.
The application for a partnership UTR has been done online but I understand it could take weeks for a UTR to appear, then, of course, the unknown partner needs that to register himself as self employed.
As I've not had anything like this before can anyone confirm the above and that there's not a short-cut to getting all the numbers onto a partnership return and Mr Unknown's return before 31 Jan?
I've told them they will be fined but, just in case.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 97 2
- When do we qualify for state pension? 175 3
- Companies house strike off 62 2
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 88 2
- Moving to the cloud 619 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 151 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 731 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 138 4
- BTC vs Digita 981 29
- Seeking a tax case 275 8
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 306 4
- See you all on the other side 251 5
- VATABLE Income 301 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 245 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 272 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 496 6
- P11D software 115 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 535 9
- VAT - business splitting 240 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 588 16
- HMRC Joint Filing 525
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 394
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 354
- IRIS and FRS 102 327
- Capitalising Finance Lease 294
- USA help 287
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 248
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 230
- Capital gains on rental property 229
- Sage Coretime 218