New partenrship without a UTR
There I was all smug because we'd done all but a handfull of returns by early December and a Dad of a close friend turned up saying he started a 2 man partnership in 2010 and could I do their 2010/11 accounts & return.
One of the partners is reg'd self employed but the other isn't and, of course, nobody has ever registered the partnership.
The application for a partnership UTR has been done online but I understand it could take weeks for a UTR to appear, then, of course, the unknown partner needs that to register himself as self employed.
As I've not had anything like this before can anyone confirm the above and that there's not a short-cut to getting all the numbers onto a partnership return and Mr Unknown's return before 31 Jan?
I've told them they will be fined but, just in case.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- Goodie bag 1,591 53
- can I approach clients ? 438 9
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 132 1
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 150 3
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 137 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 339 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 220 3
- FreeAgent question 122 2
- CIS monthly returns 197 2
- Husband Wife let property 354 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 505 12
- Output tax for retailer 320 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 292 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 143 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 141 1
- CT600 Advice 154 1
- Fair Value Accounting 84 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 168 4
- Companies House Penalties 165 2
- Apostille documents 124 2
- Possible Partnership? 645
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 521
- New Fangled Penalties 450
- Fuming! 388
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 319
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 260
- Outsource Data Entry 244
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 238
- Moving away from CCH software 232
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 178