New partenrship without a UTR
There I was all smug because we'd done all but a handfull of returns by early December and a Dad of a close friend turned up saying he started a 2 man partnership in 2010 and could I do their 2010/11 accounts & return.
One of the partners is reg'd self employed but the other isn't and, of course, nobody has ever registered the partnership.
The application for a partnership UTR has been done online but I understand it could take weeks for a UTR to appear, then, of course, the unknown partner needs that to register himself as self employed.
As I've not had anything like this before can anyone confirm the above and that there's not a short-cut to getting all the numbers onto a partnership return and Mr Unknown's return before 31 Jan?
I've told them they will be fined but, just in case.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- A few questions.... any help? 13 1
- HMRC turning post around in 11 - 12 weeks? 194 8
- Companies House? 163 3
- Defer,Accrue & Wip 43 1
- Rental Expenses 85 6
- UK tax exposure 189 3
- regulated mortgage work? 74 1
- Echosign mail merge? 275 1
- Before I call employers helpline 202 1
- VAT refund 385 4
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 230 3
- flat rate scheme 325 7
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 215 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 544 6
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 130 3
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 276 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,046 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 180 3
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 195 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 134 1