New partenrship without a UTR
There I was all smug because we'd done all but a handfull of returns by early December and a Dad of a close friend turned up saying he started a 2 man partnership in 2010 and could I do their 2010/11 accounts & return.
One of the partners is reg'd self employed but the other isn't and, of course, nobody has ever registered the partnership.
The application for a partnership UTR has been done online but I understand it could take weeks for a UTR to appear, then, of course, the unknown partner needs that to register himself as self employed.
As I've not had anything like this before can anyone confirm the above and that there's not a short-cut to getting all the numbers onto a partnership return and Mr Unknown's return before 31 Jan?
I've told them they will be fined but, just in case.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- Help with HMRC investigation 336 7
- SMP reclaimable by employer 154 4
- Yorkshire Day 60 3
- Incorporated when they should not have 358 11
- Directors pay adjustment from 1k to the magic 833.33 41 1
- Accountancy Career 391 6
- Employee and subcontractor 141 2
- calculation DTR restriction 120 2
- R&D tax credit claim 566 8
- Agent help line - long queues? 74 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,752 40
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 147 2
- What are options for non CA firm 3,080 66
- Accounts Software 272 10
- Company Director In Prison 520 12
- Flat rate VAT 180 3
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,429 23
- Deduction from Salary 873 23
- National insurance contributions 132 1
- AWeb - download file 232 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 687
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 539
- Cancelled 431
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 364
- Probiz 339
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 331
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 245
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 219
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 206