New partenrship without a UTR
There I was all smug because we'd done all but a handfull of returns by early December and a Dad of a close friend turned up saying he started a 2 man partnership in 2010 and could I do their 2010/11 accounts & return.
One of the partners is reg'd self employed but the other isn't and, of course, nobody has ever registered the partnership.
The application for a partnership UTR has been done online but I understand it could take weeks for a UTR to appear, then, of course, the unknown partner needs that to register himself as self employed.
As I've not had anything like this before can anyone confirm the above and that there's not a short-cut to getting all the numbers onto a partnership return and Mr Unknown's return before 31 Jan?
I've told them they will be fined but, just in case.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 851 37
- Pension Contributions Relief 383 12
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 426 18
- Furnished lettings criteria 190 2
- Is this fraud? 383 6
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 80 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 778 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,471 31
- Saying goodbye 474 13
- Tax on private fuel for own car 212 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 1,017 11
- Flat rate scheme 214 3
- Drop box Storage 221 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 284 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,203 413
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 624 4
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 422 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 172 2
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 141 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 206 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,276
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 456
- National Insurance 353
- Non Resident 270
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 262
- Franchise income and costs 242
- Hands on experience of Digita 205
- Employer's Helpline 150
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 148
- employment capital allowances 140