New partenrship without a UTR
There I was all smug because we'd done all but a handfull of returns by early December and a Dad of a close friend turned up saying he started a 2 man partnership in 2010 and could I do their 2010/11 accounts & return.
One of the partners is reg'd self employed but the other isn't and, of course, nobody has ever registered the partnership.
The application for a partnership UTR has been done online but I understand it could take weeks for a UTR to appear, then, of course, the unknown partner needs that to register himself as self employed.
As I've not had anything like this before can anyone confirm the above and that there's not a short-cut to getting all the numbers onto a partnership return and Mr Unknown's return before 31 Jan?
I've told them they will be fined but, just in case.
Many thanks in anticipation.
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,635 24
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 492 10
- Errors in prior year accounts 847 23
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,347 18
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,984 39
- VAT & capitalising 132 3
- Final year's accounts 159 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 309 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 303 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 312 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 254 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 144 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,980 36
- Invoice Help 255 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 188 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 260 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 246 3
- Sorry ignore me 912 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 597 5
- Free Shares ? 251 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 297
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 194
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 192
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 170
- What's the market like for temps? 167