I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 26 1
- Capital payments offshore trust 60 1
- Pay in Lieu of notice 55 2
- Gift with reservation, IHT & CGT 88 1
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,069 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 67 2
- Unreimbursed employee expenses 167 1
- Deduction from Salary 454 11
- Doctor and Locum Work 139 2
- State pension 118 1
- NALS Accountants Report 285 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 256 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,118 40
- CIC Company 616 11
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 275 6
- This is getting boring 466 10
- 27,000 Really? 726 24
- VAT on printing when being a third party 103 2
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 200 3
- Farm barn lettings 133 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 632
- Cancelled 374
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 348
- Cancelled 322
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 298
- Probiz 287
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 256
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 245
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 214
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 190