I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 141 3
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 170 4
- Cash injection by shareholder 58 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,456 424
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 256 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 280 4
- PRR 197 11
- corp tax software 339 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,080 54
- Pension Contributions Relief 436 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 456 7
- Which tax box 177 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 102 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 219 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 201 6
- References for clients 191 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 141 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 106 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 313 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 134 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,296
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 460
- National Insurance 358
- Non Resident 275
- Franchise income and costs 252
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 167
- Employer's Helpline 158
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 135