I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- Where can I get the information for this 363 7
- BrightPay 361 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 201 3
- CGT &LLP 77 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 540 4
- Setting up an offshore company 101 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 185 16
- Secure document exchange 127 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 161 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 392 7
- break even point 170 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 114 3
- Fax to email providers 326 11
- Payroll software 244 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 136 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 143 4
- How to issue shares to investors 94 1
- Expense management software 631 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,108 84
- Tax code 154 1