I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- New Starter Checklist 164 7
- Goodwill complications 305 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 475 21
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 372 6
- TaxCalc Accounts production 205 3
- HMRC Distraint 194 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 176 2
- Will I need to resign? 603 9
- Old CGT loss 286 8
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 701 21
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 84 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 334 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 406 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,034 16
- How to explain this to someone 172 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,407 20
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 142 5
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 627 15
- Charges for VAT MOSS 221 1
- Limited company purchase of property 505 4