I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- Self-assessment statistics 2,472 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 215 5
- Transmission of ISA 49 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 183 2
- Next Move 715 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 180 2
- Not renewing AAT 676 9
- CGT of shares gifted 383 6
- New dividend taxation 498 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,798 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 157 1
- Company car v company allowance 285 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 437 9
- Company formation and bank account 436 9
- Owning overseas property 347 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 291 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 278 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 711 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 733 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 283 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 667
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 409
- Property letting & CAs 399
- 2015 tax year end 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 395
- FCA regulated company in a small group 347
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 320
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 241
- DTA tie-breaker issue 211
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 208