I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- How do you value an internet based business 808 11
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 218 6
- Capital repayments 18 1
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 49 1
- business entertaining deductibility 245 2
- Flat Rate VAT 154 1
- SA302 385 8
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 499 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 410 8
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 454 5
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 444 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 203 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,531 41
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 153 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 259 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,254 19
- Go Cardless 412 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 365 3
- Mehjoo 359 2
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 208 4
- Xtuple 527
- Qtac payroll for bureau 359
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 303
- Industrial & Provident Societies 296
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 241
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 223
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 221
- Domain name sale and limited company 186
- CIS schemes 183
- Investment 161