I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- What is the law regarding selling your Ltd company to another? 74 7
- Employer Allowance & Transfer of Business 28 1
- Summer festivals! 325 13
- Do you need to account for a director loan separate from the current account 165 2
- Do accountants work at home? 779 21
- Can I pay into a pension? 262 8
- The Accountancy Party: What’s in your manifesto? 245 5
- Tax Implications for Selling a Subsidiary 58 2
- SPORTS SUPPLEMENTS 149 4
- Selling a property at a loss. Does HMRC still require a tax return 41 1
- I used to think HMRC contact lines couldnt get any worse................ 417 11
- Merging my businesses 291 4
- Where has Portia gone? 6,443 122
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 881 22
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 256 1
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 1,097 19
- new investor structure 223 1
- Furnished Holiday Lets & VAT 180 7
- Overlap profit 375 8
- VAT on Security Services to Foreign Companies. 109 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 885
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 472
- Sanzar 362
- Digital marketing focus group 319
- Fit for purpose 215
- career 189
- Continuity Agreement 188
- Buyback 179
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 170
- Isle of Man payroll 168