I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- Anybody still doing returns? 697 30
- Clothing 502 13
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 93 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 153 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 57 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 340 16
- Designated sole Residence 128 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 709 15
- Anyone know what this is? 217 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 885 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 493 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 258 9
- no utr 277 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,114 49
- Director drawings 601 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 290 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 86 1
- Capital Loss 123 3
- LLP formed in 2013 97 1
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 192 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 950
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 672
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 621
- Latest phishing scam 597
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 434
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 323
- Scratch Head 260
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 253
- Sabbatical payments 213
- Negligible Value Claim 194