I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- do i need an online accounting software 107 3
- CGT on selling company shares 124 6
- VAT dergistration confirmation? 65 2
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 363 4
- Moneysoft Payroll 636 15
- transfer of invesments from company name to individual 78 1
- Property gift to sister 258 7
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,669 28
- VAT Triangulation Service UK - UK - EC 157 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,605 28
- Who gets the CGT deduction 278 4
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 646 9
- VAT training 374 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 281 7
- 31st october deadline 398 6
- RTI Late Registration query 157 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 266 2
- Payroll software 197 1
- Accounting for display stands 285 7
- Companies House Search 338 3
- NHS finance professionals 713
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 431
- Foreign Pension Contribution 407
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 390
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 387
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 345
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 308
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 289
- Incorporating doctors 230
- IFA income recognition & reporting 228