I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- Account and Taxable Profit 242 14
- Probate services 421 9
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 349 7
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,693 37
- Accounting for corporation tax 169 5
- Vat payable on van 87 1
- Class 2 NIC 229 4
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,829 42
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 237 7
- Community Faux Pas 918 26
- Cash gift from India 97 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,304 40
- Windows10 163 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 618 24
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 467 25
- A thursday afternoon muse 215 2
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 378 6
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 866 5
- Unusual marketing methods for accountants 788 14
- An IT question 289 6
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 835
- Benchmark accounting software 691
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 328
- Oplex Careers CPD 321
- What are HMRC implying? 300
- VAT 257
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 246
- Payroll manager and the cloud 215
- Is the APN valid 196