I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- Payroo Employer allowance query 179 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,027 33
- vat return 246 3
- Flat rate vat 86 1
- Value pricing 718 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 148 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 186 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 284 4
- Reregister for VAT 134 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 199 6
- Weely paid employees 244 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 476 11
- Director's tax return 287 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 217 6
- Wrong career 479 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 289 7
- Laptop purchase 1,397 20
- PTP software disaster 282 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 235 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 103 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 798
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 550
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 416
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 294
- Free Tax Legislation? 267
- Director Loan account operation 245
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 240
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 239
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 159