I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 35 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 123 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 224 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 394 9
- Scanners 153 3
- Payment plans for clients 80 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 215 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 211 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 387 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 431 9
- P60 or payslips? 73 1
- Property income in different capacities 94 1
- IHT dilemma 1,374 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 183 1
- IT advisory questions? 164 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 791 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 123 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 518 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 462 8
- Sage payroll alternatives 635 12
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,153
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 794
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 482
- Digita Hosted Software 318
- Credit where credit's due....... 269
- Director phone costs 229
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 225
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 188
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 150
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 133