I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 372 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,183 30
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 156 4
- New Company reviews please 636 16
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,088 33
- Business only use of company car 748 27
- Voluntary Disclosure 412 8
- Gift to son by parents 176 1
- valuation of vehicles 495 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 294 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 196 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 420 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 467 4
- BTC is slow 315 3
- Director registration for SA question 538 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 476 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 522 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 534 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 371 4
- VAT with Russia 292 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 327
- Any thoughts on Capium? 268
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 263
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 249
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 229
- auto enrolment 203
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 188
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 175
- How to account for investment in JV? 168
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 159