I am setting up in practice offering services in accounts, bookkeeping and tax.
Just wanted to make sure that i have everything covered and any tips from anyone.
This is what have done to date.
Registered with HMRC for MRL
Got PII in place
Going to speak to CCH re Taxsafe cover to offer to clients
Got website set up (still looking to get SEO work done)
Got flyers/business cards done for adverting which i am going to deliver locally to small businesses over the next few weeks.
Going to speak to bank manager/solicitors in the area to let them know i exist
Going to use VT accounts to produce year end accounts.
Going to recommend either excel, VT cash book or SAGE for clients to maintain their books depending on the complexity of business and what they need.
Going to use Taxcalc to do self assessment and corporation tax returns (until then going to use HMRC online facility)
Have registered with HMRC as a self assessment and CT agent.
Thinking about getting Tolleys books for corporation tax and income tax and maybe VAT. (what about subscribing to their phone service?)
Going to sub contract payroll function.
Going to eventualy get SAGE client manager to do bookkeeping once have enough clients for the service
Anything else should consider?
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 132 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 24 1
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 51 1
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 693 6
- US royalties 19 1
- What's in a name ? 85 2
- Sole trader mix up 235 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 863 27
- Help Required 187 5
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 194 4
- Filing company accounts 105 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 463 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 139 5
- Company Name - Number of Characters 243 7
- Bulk Invoicing 142 5
- late second payment on account 104 1
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 148 6
- How much did you pay for your website 1,351 22
- Is a dormant CT600 needed? 150 2
- What would you do in this situation? 386 9
- CTA study material 686
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 416
- Employment related securities question 259
- AIM Stocks and IHT 240
- ATED Penalties 234
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 191
- Trust for Employee 178
- Expat pension contributions? 173
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 140
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 111