I've recently posted on here with some queries on setting up in practice and getting practising certificates etc. I've now got everything fully set up and have signed up 4 clients, one from a networking event and one is a neigbour who referred on the other 2. I've been reading a lot of the old posts on here about those who were in a similiar position and have followed some of the tips on getting new clients with little success i.e. networking, mailshots, cold calling, postcards, connected with a former colleague who has also set up on their own for some advice and I registered with Choose your Accountant.
I knew that this was going to be a slow process but now here I am on a Saturday night fretting about where my next client is going to come from and worrying about paying the bills (got redundancy money to see me through but I still worry anyway).
Sorry for being a broken record but just looking for any tips and advice to see me through.
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 61 2
- flat rate scheme 2,313 47
- Signed accounts for bank 624 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 817 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 103 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 280 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 134 5
- VAT Query on new build 76 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 126 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 138 4
- Family Partnership 225 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 68 1
- P11D Car Value 248 6
- NOVA declaration 99 1
- Business valuation advice 702 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,496 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,221 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 286 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,102 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 167 1