New Time Limit for CWF1 Self Employment Form
So according to HMRC's online registration helpline, the registration time limit for the self-employed is 31st January following the tax year in which the business commenced. In fact, they read me the blurb that is read out to those applying by phone, which does indeed say just that.
Which would be fine, except that according to HMRC's website, the time limit is 5th October following the tax year in which the business commenced. See http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/sammanual/sam100130.htm "An individual should register as self-employed no later than six months from the end of the tax year they became self-employed."
Than there's http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/guidance/selling/tax.htm which informs us, under the heading "Time Limit for notification of [class 2] National Insurance liability": "From your trading start date you have three months to notify HMRC that you are trading, otherwise you could face a £100 penalty".
Help me out, someone: is it 9, 6, or 3 months if ALL potential late registration fines are to be avoided?
- MVL 16 1
- FACTA form help with CRS definitions for SSAS 160 2
- SDLT 213 7
- Xerocon 2016 575 11
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 354 8
- charity selling (donated) recycled materials & for scrap- VAT? 92 1
- Disengagement Help! 489 14
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 227 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,553 33
- Earings from Gardening after retirement 47 1
- Software that posts COGS? 610 14
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 269 6
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 535 20
- Maternity and claining expenses 152 4
- sale/transfer of shares in a private limited company to a related holding company 127 4
- Employment allowance changes 338 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 764 34
- Here we go.... 1,020 26
- An IT question 206 5
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,245 39