New Time Limit for CWF1 Self Employment Form
So according to HMRC's online registration helpline, the registration time limit for the self-employed is 31st January following the tax year in which the business commenced. In fact, they read me the blurb that is read out to those applying by phone, which does indeed say just that.
Which would be fine, except that according to HMRC's website, the time limit is 5th October following the tax year in which the business commenced. See http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/sammanual/sam100130.htm "An individual should register as self-employed no later than six months from the end of the tax year they became self-employed."
Than there's http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/guidance/selling/tax.htm which informs us, under the heading "Time Limit for notification of [class 2] National Insurance liability": "From your trading start date you have three months to notify HMRC that you are trading, otherwise you could face a £100 penalty".
Help me out, someone: is it 9, 6, or 3 months if ALL potential late registration fines are to be avoided?
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 626 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 77 3
- Company Share Buy Back 96 2
- Charitable Payment 203 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 918 15
- Unpaid share capital 243 3
- Company car in the LLP 164 2
- Physiotherapy 336 4
- Time to react ? ? ? 223 1
- New build property to be rented 150 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,872 52
- Hello 355 2
- Sage 200 question 103 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 95 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 160 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 165 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 210 4
- Private company division 310 5
- Outstanding Loans 217 3
- Networking 877 7