New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 126 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 330 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 214 3
- FreeAgent question 109 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 137 2
- CIS monthly returns 184 2
- Goodie bag 1,555 52
- Husband Wife let property 353 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 502 12
- Output tax for retailer 316 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 285 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 140 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 139 1
- CT600 Advice 144 1
- Fair Value Accounting 82 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 160 4
- can I approach clients ? 412 8
- Companies House Penalties 154 2
- Apostille documents 120 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 548 13
- Possible Partnership? 644
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 518
- New Fangled Penalties 449
- Fuming! 384
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 318
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 257
- Outsource Data Entry 242
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 237
- Moving away from CCH software 229
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 177