New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- 2020 Annual Conference 169 3
- VAT admin query 130 1
- Professional Clearance 1,237 30
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,466 14
- At what point is the sales? 64 1
- Past rental expenses 337 6
- Let Property Campaign - Joint Owner Died 134 3
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,236 26
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,482 35
- Accountant let me down 651 6
- Client right to working papers 1,438 10
- Growth Street 187 2
- Client has two UTRS, How do you get HMRC to correct this? 258 9
- Microsoft One Drive 630 23
- SA302's - What's the deal? 508 8
- Online Back Up 295 7
- Filing a company valuation with HMRC 129 1
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage Brokering 143 1
- Vat application refused 232 1
- Professional Clearance 447 6
- NHS finance professionals 633
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 401
- Foreign Pension Contribution 368
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 345
- vat gross profit percentage margins 344
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 322
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 301
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 291
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 249
- IFA income recognition & reporting 209