New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 252 4
- Here we go.... 480 17
- trading losses allowable? 642 9
- Salary Sacrifce School Fees Self Assessment 216 11
- VAT - Check on clients business 754 30
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 621 21
- Community Faux Pas 538 19
- Probate services 263 2
- Group relief for CT 98 2
- Practical experience 755 14
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,226 23
- How do others remember to do things you promise for different clients? What systems? 1,503 32
- Which VAT rate to use 102 1
- Do I need to register for VAT 296 13
- Post AAT? 559 2
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,962 35
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 319 5
- check v enquiry v discovery 225 2
- Amend a 2010/11 return 303 4
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,385 23