New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- Claiming VAT 45 2
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 73 1
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,054 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 160 4
- Company assets 319 14
- MoneySoft 87 1
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 255 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 257 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 144 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 484 9
- Director resignation 724 21
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,785 30
- Additional information attached to accounts 136 1
- CIS Only Scheme 95 1
- No payroll scheme in place 340 1
- Xero Training 387 3
- SA Penalty 227 1
- VAT on Part Contribution towards Safety Boots 250 13
- Debtor weighting by sales 95 1
- The stupidity continues 2,826 103
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 500
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 476
- Is there anything wrong with this? 276
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 264
- Uncommercial property business 238
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 203
- Registering online CWF1 181
- Accrued income scheme 177
- VAT - registration needed? 174
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 172