New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- Share swap 271 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 52 1
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 160 4
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 61 2
- Online filing 108 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 311 13
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 97 4
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,634 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 77 2
- Converting a barn for business use 68 1
- Was I rude 652 17
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 199 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 92 2
- Joint rental income 83 1
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 304 4
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 126 4
- Auto enrolment 378 6
- Inventory valuation of precious metals? 327 3
- Partnership to LLP - Capital Contribution 93 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 182 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,473
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 802
- Any views 722
- International interest certificate 442
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 412
- Sale of business 380
- NOVA 277
- IRIS Open Books problem 273
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 190
- Expenses claim for non employee 180