New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 285 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 198 4
- State pension 271 3
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 214 6
- 27,000 Really? 966 28
- Accountancy Career 69 1
- CIC Company 648 13
- pension paid by company? 51 1
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,804 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,249 66
- Deduction from Salary 631 15
- inheritance tax 370 11
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 420 5
- Group Audit Thresholds 350 10
- One off meeting new client 1,678 16
- Legal title not in the company name 753 22
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 287 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 534 4
- NALS Accountants Report 350 5
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,236 44
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 393
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 333
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 306
- Probiz 300
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 277
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 256
- How not to compose an email 228
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221