New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 568 12
- Setting up a practice 71 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 211 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,750 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 398 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 142 1
- Love is in the air 393 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 247 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,004 46
- Very large share capital by mistake 298 3
- Client Paperwork Retention? 534 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 556 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 311 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 330 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 376 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 428 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 432 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 266 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 523 1
- Paying Son 685 18
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 280
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 273
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 212
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 193