New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- Follower cases 516 1
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 343 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 113 3
- TheTax Donut 1,084 1
- LIVE chat, starting now 401 1
- Can S455 tax repaid 70 2
- PAYE coding out 47 1
- VAT avoidance? 63 1
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 240 6
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 688 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 647 22
- How to explain this to someone 348 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 138 2
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 58 2
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 698 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 286 4
- Old CGT loss 347 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 312 2
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 175 6
- Start up allowance? 490 13
- Hive up 449
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 417
- corporate hierarchy 406
- Advice - 229
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 199
- Amortisation of Goodwill 195
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 183
- WWOOFers 182
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 166
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 165