New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- Letting relief 51 2
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 404 22
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 14 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,714 396
- Benefits in Kind 87 4
- Time limit 158 3
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 620 11
- What is the role of an accountant? 684 18
- Is it possible to set a company year end to be the last day of February every year, regardless of whether it is a leap year or not? 137 5
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 371 9
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 232 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 305 5
- What should I do for 'free' 808 9
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 144 3
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 157 4
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 450 14
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 512 12
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 131 2
- EOQ Formula 76 1
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,359 26
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,231
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 437
- National Insurance 337
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 331
- Non Resident 259
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 256
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 255
- Franchise income and costs 222
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 163
- Hands on experience of Digita 159