New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- New business - journal entries 364 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 198 3
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 196 5
- Payroll software 626 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 240 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 378 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 716 18
- B2B vat in the EU 169 4
- Coding Notice 202 6
- VAT on Hire Purchase 117 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 192 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 214 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 180 4
- LLP as member of LLP 123 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,804 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 491 7
- Vat 293 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,297 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 212 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 186 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 843
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 715
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 398
- Social investment tax relief 216
- Digita Hosted Software 209
- Call Centre Data Costs 196
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 169
- accounting for this transaction 169
- Travel costs and contractors 163
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 157