New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 142 4
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 230 5
- Sage Line 50 39 1
- HMRC Post 206 4
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 107 1
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 105 1
- Freelance/Employee 547 14
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 190 3
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 472 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,854 57
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 321 8
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 174 3
- Employment Allowance 355 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,390 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 188 4
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 971 21
- Company Structure 283 2
- The importance of Grammar 2,131 58
- Who is responsible for goods values for customs clearance? 67 1
- Accountant Specialization. 143 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 366
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 344
- Electric Car 279
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 171
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 162
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 162
- AIA 153