New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- Disclosure requirements for Directors Loan Accounts in Credit 500 19
- Director or self-employed 276 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,362 25
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 584 17
- Anybody still doing returns? 998 37
- BVI registered 183 4
- Closing a limited company 392 6
- Self assessment for directors 179 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 276 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,615 17
- A little knowledge 410 6
- Digita in the cloud 176 2
- Tax relief when working away 95 1
- Tax relief when working away 207 3
- Designated sole Residence 255 5
- Scratch Head 358 1
- Year end 277 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 330 13
- Clothing 649 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 182 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 968
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 690
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 633
- Latest phishing scam 615
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 457
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 337
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 269
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 237
- Sabbatical payments 230
- Negligible Value Claim 212