New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 980 10
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 108 3
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 177 8
- SAGE winforecast 233 1
- Trust 97 1
- VAT NETP and Tax Agents/Representatives joimnt and several liability 63 1
- Reverse charge on services between UK and IE 67 1
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 54 1
- Disclosure on Cessation Accounts 178 1
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 130 3
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 221 5
- I'm losing the will to live... 164 1
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 94 4
- Auto enrolment 1,570 15
- Annual Report - How to? 273 10
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 261 4
- Client's company struck off 2,065 26
- Accountants not providing all required information 157 3
- 15% restirction on lease cars 135 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,132 17
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 526
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 460
- EPS and CIS deductions 325
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 307
- Construction CIS LLP Company 298
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 288
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 245
- Overdrawn director account 210
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 203
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 187