New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 35 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 479 13
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 654 20
- Property Expenses 165 5
- Generic notification message 233 5
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 778 38
- Swiching tax 470 14
- Accrued salary unpaid 231 4
- Mortgage Adviser's request 318 7
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,151 18
- Basis periods 53 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 72 2
- CGT on spouse's death 289 11
- VAT on non-denominated postage 75 2
- Starting Again 288 11
- CT101 Completion 135 1
- Non resident pension withdrawal 150 2
- P11D Software 785 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 205 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 274 5
- Construction CIS LLP Company 597
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 583
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 384
- Pensions Regulator 349
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 285
- Using the correct forms 263
- SA penalty proposals 254
- RTI - duplicate employee record 245
- Accelerated payment notices 230
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 221