New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 769 19
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 923 53
- Go Cardless 241 8
- business entertaining deductibility 96 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 89 2
- R & D 93 3
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 213 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 60 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 99 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 130 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 116 1
- New Business Registration 206 5
- Audit rules 132 3
- Hosted email exchange 118 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 135 1
- G P life time allowance 105 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 364 11
- Bringing money to Uk 206 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 121 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 106 2
- Xtuple 499
- Qtac payroll for bureau 332
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 276
- Industrial & Provident Societies 273
- Mehjoo 217
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 215
- New strategic report 168
- Domain name sale and limited company 154
- South African Government Pension 148
- CIS schemes 143