New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,708 51
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 202 5
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 163 4
- Unpaid share capital 47 1
- flat rate scheme 1,425 32
- 64-8 problems 86 2
- Employer reference not recognised? 102 2
- Business trips - director and family 202 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 425 10
- Allocation of income from property 437 12
- Networking 669 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 776 10
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 112 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 1,051 22
- bookkeeping system 360 5
- Outstanding Loans 121 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 215 5
- Company van paid by director 219 2
- Private company division 211 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 262 2