New UTR issued to tax payer by HMRC to" increase the protection for your self assessment account"
Dear..., HMRC are making some changes to increase the protection provided for your Self Assessment Account. Like many large financial organisations, HMRC monitors customer records for signs of unusual activity as par of on-going work to maintain integrity of our customer's accounts with us.
Having recently identifies some unusual activity on your account we are taking actionto ensure that your account remains accurate and protected.
HMRC will check and where necessary, amend all personal details held on your record to ensure they are accurate,
Create a new self-assessment record for you including giving yo a new Unique Tax Referenc. I will let you know your new UTR in a separate letter to be issued shortly.....
Stop using your old UTR
Take steps to ensure that any inacurrate transactions appearing on your Self assessment record are removed..."
Client did receive a new UTR reference and a statement of account showing her tax position.
Client is HNWI and at present there is a large credit not yet allocated to tax year. (client is 3 years behind with tax returns). This is client we have just signed up. Previous advisers appears to have disappear ...
Has anyone come across this before?
We have sent 64-08 with new reference to Longbenton, but not sure when this client will appear on our list at they always seem to take ages to process forms even if there has been some improvements in recent years.
Looking forward to receiving comments from all you good people..
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 215 4
- Sage Depreciation 56 1
- Non sequitur 205 2
- Am i Liable? 840 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 156 1
- tax relief for the cost of trade marks 149 1
- Interest on main residence mortgage then lent to a company 54 1
- Boffin of the Year 221 8
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 460 10
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 57 1
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 76 2
- Giving a seminar 648 35
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 911 15
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 358 3
- Sole trader - bank statements 334 14
- PAYE versus Dividends 133 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 441 9
- equipment rental 75 1
- Flat Rate Scheme 384 16
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,203 63
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,285
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 633
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 418
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 326
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 246
- Alphabet shares 216
- Agent fees to sell business 208
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 203
- Office recharges 164
- Tax position on lease extension 160