No NI No & RTI
Prompted by the thread on P35 and missing birthdays, I am wondering how RTI will cope with employees who do not have and never will have a UK NI number because they are not resident in the UK and hence, have no liability to pay UK NIC.
We have a client which is an international haulage company employing a number of foreign drivers who ply the routes from the UK to France and beyond. Some live in the UK, have acquired a NI number and we deduct NIC when running the payroll. Others live abroad, have no accommodation in the UK (apart from the sleeper cab of their trucks) and are therefore not resident in the UK or liable to UK NIC, so they do not have a NI number, and we do not deduct any NIC when running the payroll.
RTI seems to be predicated on the existence of a NI number and HMRC appears to have no other reference to use for employees. What is going to happen to this company's payroll under RTI? Is the client going to have to get the non-resident drivers to register for a UK NI number and are we going to have to deduct UK NIC from them in future?
- Importing transactions from VT Cashbook to VT Transaction+ 18 1
- Family Partnership 334 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,256 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 72 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 191 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 226 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 329 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 105 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 325 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 214 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 205 6
- Business trips - director and family 432 3
- Signed accounts for bank 686 15
- flat rate scheme 2,397 50
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 337 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 224 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 119 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 884 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 233 5
- VAT Query on new build 139 1