No PAYE scheme
We recently took on a long established shop as a client. The business is unincorporated and has one part-time employee.
For the last few years this employee has been paid weekly at a level between the LEL and the ST/PT so no PAYE has ever been due to HMRC.
We now find that no PAYE scheme has ever been operated so the employee has no contributions record.
There is no loss of tax to HMRC but what size penalties will be levied if the client files P14/P35s for the missing years?
Does anyone have recent experience of this type of problem?
- 11pm and having a blonde moment 24 1
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 159 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 511 21
- Software 313 8
- Company dividends 374 12
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 385 6
- SA late payment penalty 166 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 284 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 88 1
- Copy Wanted 637 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 92 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 101 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 105 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,411 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 256 5
- When is golf coaching a vatable supply? 164 2
- Comany ceasing to trade 153 2
- French resident, split year & UK close company dividends 117 1
- Closing a limited company 213 5
- Rental Income for Child Benefit Charge 151 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 852
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 541
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 512
- Latest phishing scam 397
- Entrepreneurs' relief 372
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 330
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 313
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 299
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 211
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 190