No PAYE scheme
We recently took on a long established shop as a client. The business is unincorporated and has one part-time employee.
For the last few years this employee has been paid weekly at a level between the LEL and the ST/PT so no PAYE has ever been due to HMRC.
We now find that no PAYE scheme has ever been operated so the employee has no contributions record.
There is no loss of tax to HMRC but what size penalties will be levied if the client files P14/P35s for the missing years?
Does anyone have recent experience of this type of problem?
- Sole Trader to Ltd 91 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 423 13
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 612 8
- VT accounts licence key 365 6
- Starting up in practice - safety net 418 9
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 490 10
- Opening balances Sage 50 46 1
- Flat rate vat 328 4
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 236 6
- Rental property company 182 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 177 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,476 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,206 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 412 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 320 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 290 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 411 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 240 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 220 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 169 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 832
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 576
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 449
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 302
- Director Loan account operation 284
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 270
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 184