No PAYE scheme
We recently took on a long established shop as a client. The business is unincorporated and has one part-time employee.
For the last few years this employee has been paid weekly at a level between the LEL and the ST/PT so no PAYE has ever been due to HMRC.
We now find that no PAYE scheme has ever been operated so the employee has no contributions record.
There is no loss of tax to HMRC but what size penalties will be levied if the client files P14/P35s for the missing years?
Does anyone have recent experience of this type of problem?
- Am I getting Soft?? 147 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 602 11
- Deferred Tax 445 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 194 1
- You know its over 450 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 231 1
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,014 30
- Benefit in Kind 198 5
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 129 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 211 3
- Wrong tax code 90 4
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,258 14
- Cocaine anyone? 587 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 124 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 176 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 298 2
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 482 15
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,299 8
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 534 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 264 13
- Hive up 503
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 471
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 285
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 231
- WWOOFers 225
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 212
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 190
- The booking.com con 162
- UK State pension paid in NZ 160