No practice experience?
I am one off those who went into practice without any practice experience.
I gained little I know about the practice world from AW and to be honest from easy to use software like TaxCalc, VT and Moneysoft. I was also a franchisee for less than a year.
I do have a prac cert, don't know how! Glad I got one.
I am sure I have some gaping holes in my experience of the practice world.
My question is if you are/ were in the same position as I am, how did you go about gaining skills/knowledge and experience of the practice world.
Please note I will not respond to any questions on which way I will go on accy franchise. This thread is not about franchise good/bad. Though it can be said that one way practice skills and knowledge can be gained is through a good franchise.
- Tax relief for networking day out? 439 11
- VAT on non-denominated postage 24 1
- Starting Again 238 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 599 19
- CT101 Completion 121 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 37 1
- CGT on spouse's death 224 10
- Non resident pension withdrawal 141 2
- Mortgage Adviser's request 253 6
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 710 35
- P11D Software 770 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 196 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 261 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 387 10
- Payroll software 185 4
- Company UTR numbers 301 6
- Summer house for business only 133 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 116 1
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 158 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 156 3
- Construction CIS LLP Company 593
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 580
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 380
- Pensions Regulator 346
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 283
- Using the correct forms 262
- SA penalty proposals 250
- RTI - duplicate employee record 239
- Accelerated payment notices 229
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 214