No practice experience?
I am one off those who went into practice without any practice experience.
I gained little I know about the practice world from AW and to be honest from easy to use software like TaxCalc, VT and Moneysoft. I was also a franchisee for less than a year.
I do have a prac cert, don't know how! Glad I got one.
I am sure I have some gaping holes in my experience of the practice world.
My question is if you are/ were in the same position as I am, how did you go about gaining skills/knowledge and experience of the practice world.
Please note I will not respond to any questions on which way I will go on accy franchise. This thread is not about franchise good/bad. Though it can be said that one way practice skills and knowledge can be gained is through a good franchise.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 436 5
- See you all on the other side 605 6
- 12Pay 320 2
- dividends 430 2
- R&D 238 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,111 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 397 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 304 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 266 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 494 5
- Seeking a tax case 544 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 415 4
- Companies house strike off 384 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 304 2
- Moving to the cloud 692 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 194 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 836 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 186 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,059 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 438 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 539
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 409
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 360
- IRIS and FRS 102 341
- USA help 304
- Capitalising Finance Lease 304
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 276
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 264
- Capital gains on rental property 246
- Sage Coretime 226