No practice experience?
I am one off those who went into practice without any practice experience.
I gained little I know about the practice world from AW and to be honest from easy to use software like TaxCalc, VT and Moneysoft. I was also a franchisee for less than a year.
I do have a prac cert, don't know how! Glad I got one.
I am sure I have some gaping holes in my experience of the practice world.
My question is if you are/ were in the same position as I am, how did you go about gaining skills/knowledge and experience of the practice world.
Please note I will not respond to any questions on which way I will go on accy franchise. This thread is not about franchise good/bad. Though it can be said that one way practice skills and knowledge can be gained is through a good franchise.
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 153 7
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 875 27
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 365 7
- Entrepreneurs relief/ Company Secretary 65 1
- Invoice factoring 183 7
- old client has come out of the woodwork 258 2
- Scoot 368 7
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 451 3
- paye scheme very used 233 3
- Operating lease 127 4
- Gifting shares 105 1
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 264 4
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 524 8
- Disclosure query 160 3
- Auto enrolment 302 4
- Reverse charge - do you always book it? 290 6
- LLP Accounts format 109 1
- A question about share structure 102 1
- Corporation tax due date confusion 234 3
- Top slicing relief question 186 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,468
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 791
- Any views 717
- HMRC Employers Diary 536
- International interest certificate 433
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 404
- Sale of business 366
- NOVA 270
- Advertising services? 267
- IRIS Open Books problem 263