No practice experience?
I am one off those who went into practice without any practice experience.
I gained little I know about the practice world from AW and to be honest from easy to use software like TaxCalc, VT and Moneysoft. I was also a franchisee for less than a year.
I do have a prac cert, don't know how! Glad I got one.
I am sure I have some gaping holes in my experience of the practice world.
My question is if you are/ were in the same position as I am, how did you go about gaining skills/knowledge and experience of the practice world.
Please note I will not respond to any questions on which way I will go on accy franchise. This thread is not about franchise good/bad. Though it can be said that one way practice skills and knowledge can be gained is through a good franchise.
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,835 16
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,765 19
- Goodwill complications 101 2
- Personal pension 186 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 105 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 273 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 226 6
- Late Registration for VAT 105 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 984 25
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 957 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,138 12
- property development 262 8
- Registering a company late 177 5
- Business rates consultancy 113 2
- sale of house 631 18
- Corporation tax penalty 1,512 9
- Part Disposal of Freehold 323 13
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 365 6
- Are HMRC staff on early 385 5
- Backdated VAT registration claim 138 2
- TheTax Donut 996
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 656
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 612
- Follower cases 475
- Limited company purchase of property 399
- Hive up 397
- corporate hierarchy 372
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 368
- LIVE chat, starting now 305
- AIA or IFA 200