No practice experience?
I am one off those who went into practice without any practice experience.
I gained little I know about the practice world from AW and to be honest from easy to use software like TaxCalc, VT and Moneysoft. I was also a franchisee for less than a year.
I do have a prac cert, don't know how! Glad I got one.
I am sure I have some gaping holes in my experience of the practice world.
My question is if you are/ were in the same position as I am, how did you go about gaining skills/knowledge and experience of the practice world.
Please note I will not respond to any questions on which way I will go on accy franchise. This thread is not about franchise good/bad. Though it can be said that one way practice skills and knowledge can be gained is through a good franchise.
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 57 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 339 15
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 556 17
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 70 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 266 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 122 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 528 11
- Flat rate vat error 327 7
- EC VAT 212 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 529 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 288 14
- can I claim a per diem 267 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 137 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,379 8
- VAT on part of a closed pub 247 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 107 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 297 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 537 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 865 19
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 168 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 839
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 508
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 319
- How to format a stock book 289
- Tax efficient holding company structure 229
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 229
- Investment property company accounts template 219
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 211
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 182
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 181