No practice experience?
I am one off those who went into practice without any practice experience.
I gained little I know about the practice world from AW and to be honest from easy to use software like TaxCalc, VT and Moneysoft. I was also a franchisee for less than a year.
I do have a prac cert, don't know how! Glad I got one.
I am sure I have some gaping holes in my experience of the practice world.
My question is if you are/ were in the same position as I am, how did you go about gaining skills/knowledge and experience of the practice world.
Please note I will not respond to any questions on which way I will go on accy franchise. This thread is not about franchise good/bad. Though it can be said that one way practice skills and knowledge can be gained is through a good franchise.
- Legal title not in the company name 579 16
- Pay in Lieu of notice 141 5
- Farm barn lettings 151 3
- inheritance tax 90 3
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 69 1
- Capital payments offshore trust 67 1
- Gift with reservation, IHT & CGT 100 1
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,203 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 104 2
- Unreimbursed employee expenses 184 1
- Deduction from Salary 470 11
- Doctor and Locum Work 162 2
- State pension 158 1
- NALS Accountants Report 295 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 261 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,137 40
- CIC Company 620 11
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 284 6
- This is getting boring 495 10
- 27,000 Really? 776 24
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 632
- Cancelled 378
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 349
- Cancelled 323
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 298
- Probiz 288
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 259
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 246
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 217
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 194