No practice experience?
I am one off those who went into practice without any practice experience.
I gained little I know about the practice world from AW and to be honest from easy to use software like TaxCalc, VT and Moneysoft. I was also a franchisee for less than a year.
I do have a prac cert, don't know how! Glad I got one.
I am sure I have some gaping holes in my experience of the practice world.
My question is if you are/ were in the same position as I am, how did you go about gaining skills/knowledge and experience of the practice world.
Please note I will not respond to any questions on which way I will go on accy franchise. This thread is not about franchise good/bad. Though it can be said that one way practice skills and knowledge can be gained is through a good franchise.
- Paid too much !! 73 1
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 54 1
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 411 16
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 37 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 34 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 466 15
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 145 5
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 730 11
- Sports Sponsorship 84 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 220 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 204 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 165 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,288 14
- Best software for small practice? 579 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,247 21
- HMRC Enquiry 459 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 191 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 284 4
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,452 16
- Long/Short Period of Account 191 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 763
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 452
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 222
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 190
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181