No practice experience?
I am one off those who went into practice without any practice experience.
I gained little I know about the practice world from AW and to be honest from easy to use software like TaxCalc, VT and Moneysoft. I was also a franchisee for less than a year.
I do have a prac cert, don't know how! Glad I got one.
I am sure I have some gaping holes in my experience of the practice world.
My question is if you are/ were in the same position as I am, how did you go about gaining skills/knowledge and experience of the practice world.
Please note I will not respond to any questions on which way I will go on accy franchise. This thread is not about franchise good/bad. Though it can be said that one way practice skills and knowledge can be gained is through a good franchise.
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 665 6
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 691 19
- Sage Priority Support 95 2
- incorrect old p60 126 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 488 4
- VAT on new builds 119 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 347 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 125 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 118 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 139 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,847 26
- Missing tax return 182 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 922 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 276 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 165 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 558 18
- Physiotherapy 246 3
- Inflation and fees 1,220 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 170 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 284 8