No practice experience?
I am one off those who went into practice without any practice experience.
I gained little I know about the practice world from AW and to be honest from easy to use software like TaxCalc, VT and Moneysoft. I was also a franchisee for less than a year.
I do have a prac cert, don't know how! Glad I got one.
I am sure I have some gaping holes in my experience of the practice world.
My question is if you are/ were in the same position as I am, how did you go about gaining skills/knowledge and experience of the practice world.
Please note I will not respond to any questions on which way I will go on accy franchise. This thread is not about franchise good/bad. Though it can be said that one way practice skills and knowledge can be gained is through a good franchise.
- property capital gains 154 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 145 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,160 13
- Tips on meals 183 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 516 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 166 3
- Personal Tax 732 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 186 2
- Stumped - IHT 145 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 410 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 473 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,283 33
- Credit management tools 149 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 407 7
- CGT and primary residence 183 1
- Marriage Allowance 283 3
- S455 and February year ends 337 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 893 18
- Closing down loss-making company 461 5