No practice experience?
I am one off those who went into practice without any practice experience.
I gained little I know about the practice world from AW and to be honest from easy to use software like TaxCalc, VT and Moneysoft. I was also a franchisee for less than a year.
I do have a prac cert, don't know how! Glad I got one.
I am sure I have some gaping holes in my experience of the practice world.
My question is if you are/ were in the same position as I am, how did you go about gaining skills/knowledge and experience of the practice world.
Please note I will not respond to any questions on which way I will go on accy franchise. This thread is not about franchise good/bad. Though it can be said that one way practice skills and knowledge can be gained is through a good franchise.
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 245 4
- Agent for mobile DJs. Could the DJs be considered to be working for him? 110 1
- UK Subsidiary of Foreign Company 90 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 1,020 31
- Drop Down Boxes 239 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,642 504
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 160 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 592 8
- help needed with rti paye please 168 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 863 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 422 11
- Can't read my handwriting 819 19
- Undeclared rental income 424 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 350 7
- Sick pay 262 6
- Directors self assessment 183 2
- Employer's Helpline 226 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 145 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 201 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,776 70
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,417
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 543
- National Insurance 442
- Non Resident 331
- Hands on experience of Digita 263
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 261
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 172
- Umbrella pay services 147
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 130
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 124