No practice experience?
I am one off those who went into practice without any practice experience.
I gained little I know about the practice world from AW and to be honest from easy to use software like TaxCalc, VT and Moneysoft. I was also a franchisee for less than a year.
I do have a prac cert, don't know how! Glad I got one.
I am sure I have some gaping holes in my experience of the practice world.
My question is if you are/ were in the same position as I am, how did you go about gaining skills/knowledge and experience of the practice world.
Please note I will not respond to any questions on which way I will go on accy franchise. This thread is not about franchise good/bad. Though it can be said that one way practice skills and knowledge can be gained is through a good franchise.
- Commission on holiday accrual 46 1
- error on companies house accounts 91 4
- Newly Started Practice 160 5
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 152 2
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 178 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 181 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 65 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.160 ITEPA 86 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 341 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 221 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 164 2
- Generic Notification Notices 118 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 443 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 111 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 432 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 83 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 242 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 143 1
- fraud 415 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 239 3
- QROP pension input amounts 474
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 438
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 414
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 265
- EPS and CIS deductions 259
- Construction CIS LLP Company 245
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 212
- SAGE winforecast 178
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 170
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 165