No practice experience?
I am one off those who went into practice without any practice experience.
I gained little I know about the practice world from AW and to be honest from easy to use software like TaxCalc, VT and Moneysoft. I was also a franchisee for less than a year.
I do have a prac cert, don't know how! Glad I got one.
I am sure I have some gaping holes in my experience of the practice world.
My question is if you are/ were in the same position as I am, how did you go about gaining skills/knowledge and experience of the practice world.
Please note I will not respond to any questions on which way I will go on accy franchise. This thread is not about franchise good/bad. Though it can be said that one way practice skills and knowledge can be gained is through a good franchise.
- Capital Gain? 403 11
- IHT Query 57 2
- Reversing out RTI 107 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 294 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 844 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 297 8
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 269 6
- BrightPay 610 18
- Classic cars investment 238 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 212 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 320 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 329 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 269 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 264 2
- H&W company 222 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 194 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 171 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 171 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 808 32
- VAT silly question 2,413 56
- Benchmarking 492
- Possible Partnership? 436
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 412
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 410
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 356
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 210
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 209
- Clubs and Taxable Income 199
- Income tax on foreign dividends 192
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 186