Non claimable VAT
I have a question regarding non claimable VAT.
I have posted entertainment invoices during the year with VAT on them. I have been told that i cannot claim the VAT back on after posting.
I have not claimed the VAT back on the returns.
How do i adjust this on my ledgers. Do i have to post the vat element as a cost to the p/l against the original invoice and correct it on the VAT on the balance sheet?
Hope you can help
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 471 17
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 54 2
- Will I need to resign? 73 1
- Paper tax return 86 3
- Start up allowance? 336 11
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,331 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 227 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 162 1
- AIA or IFA 425 7
- Surely not? 423 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 625 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 357 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 348 7
- Late Registration for VAT 348 11
- Old CGT loss 170 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 261 5
- Nominal Ledger 343 10
- Share structures 140 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,150 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 341 5