Non claimable VAT
I have a question regarding non claimable VAT.
I have posted entertainment invoices during the year with VAT on them. I have been told that i cannot claim the VAT back on after posting.
I have not claimed the VAT back on the returns.
How do i adjust this on my ledgers. Do i have to post the vat element as a cost to the p/l against the original invoice and correct it on the VAT on the balance sheet?
Hope you can help
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 145 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 178 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,216 35
- Mortgage Reference 531 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 232 7
- Insovent companies 882 19
- New Build 189 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,295 48
- BrightPay quirks 203 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 805 20
- Website Content 159 1
- Personal Tax 628 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 179 1
- USA Tax Query 302 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 437 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 351 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 389 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,740 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6