Not been self employed since 05/06 but being fined through PAYE?
I was working as a car cleaner in 05/06 self employed at the end of 06 I sent the hmrc a letter to inform them I was no longer self employed but now employed, since then I have being paying my tax via PAYE, and moved house. Three days ago I recieved a letter stating that they was going to take what I owed for national insurance contributions through my tax code, I phoned them and they also informed me that in total I owed over £3500?? I never received any self assessment forms in the post, just this letter.
Why would I owe so much, are they fines for not filling my self assements, in contributions what else could they be? Also it says they will start taking this from April I'm worried now as I have a young family and we really struggle as it is aswell having a dmp with step change due to previous credit card debts.
My boss has offered to pay for his accountant to try and resolve this on my behalf. Would this be a good idea or would I be better off on my own.
Will I still have to pay these fines through my tax code?
How do I resolve this?
Sorry for the 21 questions I'm just really panicking about it and annoyed that this was the first time I heard about it as far as I was aware they knew I was no longer self employed, they must know I'm now employed as I am paying tax via PAYE ? Any advice or help would be really appreciated I m not eating or sleeping through panicking about how much tax they will take and how I'm going to make ends meet.
- NALS Accountants Report 85 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,455 35
- Legal title not in the company name 248 10
- Dividend dates 549 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 110 3
- Sole properietor 151 4
- transitioning payroll 223 8
- dividend proposals 86 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 219 2
- Deduction from Salary 282 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 177 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,709 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 80 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 431 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 156 2
- 12 Pay Problems 247 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 246 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 86 1
- Redudancy 91 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 482 13
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 362
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 310
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 282
- Probiz 271
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 230
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 227
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 175