Not been self employed since 05/06 but being fined through PAYE?
I was working as a car cleaner in 05/06 self employed at the end of 06 I sent the hmrc a letter to inform them I was no longer self employed but now employed, since then I have being paying my tax via PAYE, and moved house. Three days ago I recieved a letter stating that they was going to take what I owed for national insurance contributions through my tax code, I phoned them and they also informed me that in total I owed over £3500?? I never received any self assessment forms in the post, just this letter.
Why would I owe so much, are they fines for not filling my self assements, in contributions what else could they be? Also it says they will start taking this from April I'm worried now as I have a young family and we really struggle as it is aswell having a dmp with step change due to previous credit card debts.
My boss has offered to pay for his accountant to try and resolve this on my behalf. Would this be a good idea or would I be better off on my own.
Will I still have to pay these fines through my tax code?
How do I resolve this?
Sorry for the 21 questions I'm just really panicking about it and annoyed that this was the first time I heard about it as far as I was aware they knew I was no longer self employed, they must know I'm now employed as I am paying tax via PAYE ? Any advice or help would be really appreciated I m not eating or sleeping through panicking about how much tax they will take and how I'm going to make ends meet.
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 107 1
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 144 2
- Gross sales to purchases 123 1
- I know ... 1,230 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 686 18
- Tax on principal private residence 224 4
- extra 5p per mile for passengers 226 3
- What are the typical deductible expenses? 249 2
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 233 4
- Personal pension contributions 251 4
- Claiming tax relief on goodwill 323 4
- RTI Filing 949 20
- Staff entertaining or not? 262 3
- Sole Trader Start Up- Employment Help 399 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 215 4
- IR35 and working for an EU company 132 1
- Shareholder Loan write off 457 21
- Getting advice from HMRC 663 14
- Tax calc and NIC 224 2
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,834 29
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 702
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 470
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 308
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 278
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 246
- growth voucher supplier 223
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 188
- VAT on Gaming Machines 169
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 158
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 155