Not been self employed since 05/06 but being fined through PAYE?
I was working as a car cleaner in 05/06 self employed at the end of 06 I sent the hmrc a letter to inform them I was no longer self employed but now employed, since then I have being paying my tax via PAYE, and moved house. Three days ago I recieved a letter stating that they was going to take what I owed for national insurance contributions through my tax code, I phoned them and they also informed me that in total I owed over £3500?? I never received any self assessment forms in the post, just this letter.
Why would I owe so much, are they fines for not filling my self assements, in contributions what else could they be? Also it says they will start taking this from April I'm worried now as I have a young family and we really struggle as it is aswell having a dmp with step change due to previous credit card debts.
My boss has offered to pay for his accountant to try and resolve this on my behalf. Would this be a good idea or would I be better off on my own.
Will I still have to pay these fines through my tax code?
How do I resolve this?
Sorry for the 21 questions I'm just really panicking about it and annoyed that this was the first time I heard about it as far as I was aware they knew I was no longer self employed, they must know I'm now employed as I am paying tax via PAYE ? Any advice or help would be really appreciated I m not eating or sleeping through panicking about how much tax they will take and how I'm going to make ends meet.
- When to include value of import in Box 7 57 1
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 157 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 292 7
- Capital gain? 68 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,240 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 259 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 345 8
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 411 8
- vat help for catering concession 272 10
- IHT dilemma 1,153 17
- Tax return software for remote working 229 3
- CGT 329 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 317 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 106 2
- Compliance check 506 13
- sole trader accountant 781 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 397 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 602 21
- More AE! 492 11
- How to classify an asset 154 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,078
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 776
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 460
- Digita Hosted Software 278
- Call Centre Data Costs 248
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 222
- Credit where credit's due....... 213
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 203
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 184
- Director phone costs 146