Not been self employed since 05/06 but being fined through PAYE?
I was working as a car cleaner in 05/06 self employed at the end of 06 I sent the hmrc a letter to inform them I was no longer self employed but now employed, since then I have being paying my tax via PAYE, and moved house. Three days ago I recieved a letter stating that they was going to take what I owed for national insurance contributions through my tax code, I phoned them and they also informed me that in total I owed over £3500?? I never received any self assessment forms in the post, just this letter.
Why would I owe so much, are they fines for not filling my self assements, in contributions what else could they be? Also it says they will start taking this from April I'm worried now as I have a young family and we really struggle as it is aswell having a dmp with step change due to previous credit card debts.
My boss has offered to pay for his accountant to try and resolve this on my behalf. Would this be a good idea or would I be better off on my own.
Will I still have to pay these fines through my tax code?
How do I resolve this?
Sorry for the 21 questions I'm just really panicking about it and annoyed that this was the first time I heard about it as far as I was aware they knew I was no longer self employed, they must know I'm now employed as I am paying tax via PAYE ? Any advice or help would be really appreciated I m not eating or sleeping through panicking about how much tax they will take and how I'm going to make ends meet.
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 26 1
- Sorry - another PPR question 139 2
- Outstanding Loans 180 3
- RTI and Advances to Employees 32 1
- Networking 820 7
- Allocation of income from property 603 22
- Services by BVI Company for UK Company 69 2
- bookkeeping system 438 7
- Private company division 276 4
- Sharing ODBC Excel Pivot Tables over network 108 2
- Company car in the LLP 92 1
- 64-8 problems 301 4
- flat rate scheme 1,789 37
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 869 11
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 317 9
- Unpaid share capital 200 2
- Bad debt receipt for dissolved company 133 1
- VAT Refunds 163 2
- Company van paid by director 305 3
- Hello 320 1