Not been self employed since 05/06 but being fined through PAYE?
I was working as a car cleaner in 05/06 self employed at the end of 06 I sent the hmrc a letter to inform them I was no longer self employed but now employed, since then I have being paying my tax via PAYE, and moved house. Three days ago I recieved a letter stating that they was going to take what I owed for national insurance contributions through my tax code, I phoned them and they also informed me that in total I owed over £3500?? I never received any self assessment forms in the post, just this letter.
Why would I owe so much, are they fines for not filling my self assements, in contributions what else could they be? Also it says they will start taking this from April I'm worried now as I have a young family and we really struggle as it is aswell having a dmp with step change due to previous credit card debts.
My boss has offered to pay for his accountant to try and resolve this on my behalf. Would this be a good idea or would I be better off on my own.
Will I still have to pay these fines through my tax code?
How do I resolve this?
Sorry for the 21 questions I'm just really panicking about it and annoyed that this was the first time I heard about it as far as I was aware they knew I was no longer self employed, they must know I'm now employed as I am paying tax via PAYE ? Any advice or help would be really appreciated I m not eating or sleeping through panicking about how much tax they will take and how I'm going to make ends meet.
- Cash basis 400 11
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,825 27
- Fee base v staff ratio 210 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 299 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 198 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 65 1
- Investor exit 179 3
- Partially exempt? 355 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 110 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 386 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,182 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 365 4
- Statutory sick pay 231 3
- Overseas bank interest 219 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 163 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 359 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 222 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 312 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,955 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,426 12
- Skandia using wrong address 553
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 298
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 296
- Employee rewards 282
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 258
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 247
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 235
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 218
- Etax Australian 179
- LLP in Construction Industry 143