Not been self employed since 05/06 but being fined through PAYE?
I was working as a car cleaner in 05/06 self employed at the end of 06 I sent the hmrc a letter to inform them I was no longer self employed but now employed, since then I have being paying my tax via PAYE, and moved house. Three days ago I recieved a letter stating that they was going to take what I owed for national insurance contributions through my tax code, I phoned them and they also informed me that in total I owed over £3500?? I never received any self assessment forms in the post, just this letter.
Why would I owe so much, are they fines for not filling my self assements, in contributions what else could they be? Also it says they will start taking this from April I'm worried now as I have a young family and we really struggle as it is aswell having a dmp with step change due to previous credit card debts.
My boss has offered to pay for his accountant to try and resolve this on my behalf. Would this be a good idea or would I be better off on my own.
Will I still have to pay these fines through my tax code?
How do I resolve this?
Sorry for the 21 questions I'm just really panicking about it and annoyed that this was the first time I heard about it as far as I was aware they knew I was no longer self employed, they must know I'm now employed as I am paying tax via PAYE ? Any advice or help would be really appreciated I m not eating or sleeping through panicking about how much tax they will take and how I'm going to make ends meet.
- Company formation and bank account 222 7
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 639 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,524 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 508 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 394 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 189 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 391 8
- OneNote is fantastic 478 11
- VAT Direct Debit 357 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 437 8
- Self Assessment Software 685 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 434 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,350 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 254 11
- Owning overseas property 242 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 351 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 283 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 694 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,149 21
- PPR on a development? 242 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 652
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 400
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 400
- Property letting & CAs 390
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 383
- 2015 tax year end 383
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 270
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 237
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230