Notice of surcharge
- was sent hmrc PAYE calculations for 2008/9, & 2009/10 which shows that tax was underpaid in those years.
- hrmc demanded that tax returns must be filed for these years and going forward. Spoke to them & informed them that I do not understand the need for filing tax return as the only source of income is from employment, & the underpaid amount is not disputed. But they insisted that tax returns must be filed for those years.
- went ahead and filed tax return,only showing income from employments. Have now received notice of surcharge for late payment of tax @ 5% for both years. This surcharge is imposed under Section 59(c) of the Taxes Management Act 1970.
Is this surcharge valid, as I've never heard of such for underpayment of PAYE. & was not aware of the underpayment until the calculations were received from HMRC.They have given 28days to make this payments.
- Capital redemption reserve in a capital reduction 99 1
- Is Universal credit software project destined to be another Government software white elephant 70 4
- Principal Private Residence - 2 homes 161 4
- CIS Withheld for an LLP. Reclaiming 173 2
- Have you changed your PAYE charging structure for RTI? 184 2