Notice of surcharge
- was sent hmrc PAYE calculations for 2008/9, & 2009/10 which shows that tax was underpaid in those years.
- hrmc demanded that tax returns must be filed for these years and going forward. Spoke to them & informed them that I do not understand the need for filing tax return as the only source of income is from employment, & the underpaid amount is not disputed. But they insisted that tax returns must be filed for those years.
- went ahead and filed tax return,only showing income from employments. Have now received notice of surcharge for late payment of tax @ 5% for both years. This surcharge is imposed under Section 59(c) of the Taxes Management Act 1970.
Is this surcharge valid, as I've never heard of such for underpayment of PAYE. & was not aware of the underpayment until the calculations were received from HMRC.They have given 28days to make this payments.
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 728 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 297 7
- CGT and primary residence 114 1
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 411 10
- Marriage Allowance 203 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,093 12
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 358 4
- S455 and February year ends 263 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,248 32
- HMRC having technical difficulties 828 18
- Closing down loss-making company 423 5
- S.455 Tax again 272 3
- New Build 328 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 371 4
- Mortgage Reference 779 10
- RTI offline? 187 1
- Right To Manage Company 278 4
- Day allowance working in Qatar 170 1
- Giving shares away 336 6
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 635 5