Notice of surcharge
- was sent hmrc PAYE calculations for 2008/9, & 2009/10 which shows that tax was underpaid in those years.
- hrmc demanded that tax returns must be filed for these years and going forward. Spoke to them & informed them that I do not understand the need for filing tax return as the only source of income is from employment, & the underpaid amount is not disputed. But they insisted that tax returns must be filed for those years.
- went ahead and filed tax return,only showing income from employments. Have now received notice of surcharge for late payment of tax @ 5% for both years. This surcharge is imposed under Section 59(c) of the Taxes Management Act 1970.
Is this surcharge valid, as I've never heard of such for underpayment of PAYE. & was not aware of the underpayment until the calculations were received from HMRC.They have given 28days to make this payments.
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,062 31
- incorrect old p60 327 7
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 221 3
- Missing tax return 333 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 338 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 141 2
- Inflation and fees 1,376 24
- Sage Priority Support 172 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 191 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 825 24
- Micro-entity accounts 215 1
- Related party disclosure 203 3
- Company reconstruction 136 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 232 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 148 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 169 1
- Advice please! 415 2
- VAT on new builds 184 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 147 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 384 6