I have received a repayment notice from HMRC in the post today for a client. Going onto their website, it appears that (ex)client has submitted his own return, and HMRC have kindly given him a refund.
The abbreviated figures show -
various expenses creating loss of £
CIS tax deducted £2,440.00.
Firstly, am I missing something?? By my reckoning, the maximum CIS that could deducted is £297.40.
Secondly, how do I distance myself from the situation? A disengagement letter will be in the post tonight. What else should I do - write a letter to HMRC saying that I no longer act for said client? I know from past experience that just deleting from the client list has no effect........
I do hope that he doesn't spend all the money at once ;-)
Thanks in advance for any wise words of wisdom.
- When is golf coaching a vatable supply? 135 2
- Comany ceasing to trade 121 2
- French resident, split year & UK close company dividends 106 1
- Closing a limited company 107 5
- Rental Income for Child Benefit Charge 91 2
- Obtaining old payslips & correcting historic tax overpayment 100 3
- Software 256 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 348 6
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 408 23
- Broadband costs 195 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 408 14
- Allocation of internal division of work - manger level 294 11
- Use of home deduction 440 14
- Non resident income. 209 11
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 313 5
- Director payroll - prorated NI? 195 5
- SA800 Returns 223 4
- state pension statement 740 9
- VAT on EU supplies 69 1
- VAT on purchse from EU supplier but goods were sent outside of EU from supplier 102 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 848
- Copy Wanted 591
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 530
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 505
- Latest phishing scam 391
- Entrepreneurs' relief 366
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 322
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 307
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 295
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 206