obligation to file a self assessment return and mean 2011 penalties onwards
Our client earns alot of money(i.e. 75K) and works for kent county council on PAYE,
therefore very few benefits in kind.
for years long ago (i.e. 03/04) she was employing a nanny for which we tried to do the payroll and had some "casual" sch d work.
for many years hmrc were chasing payments on account and then we filed the returns as NIL and al years since her benefits in kind have been very neglible and no dout being coded out anyway as result of the p11d info. then she weas due soem payments on account back which would not be repaid because of later years outstanding returns -which are now filed.
how can we appeal to the reason of an inspector to get this case reviewed and our client removed from the self assessment system for 2010/2011 when penalties are automatic and no longer tax geared. So far hmrc system has issued £1200 of 2010/2011 penalties.
- Xerocon 2016 1,181 32
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 127 2
- New Build 162 1
- Mortgage Reference 491 6
- Rounding errors on CT600 160 5
- Insovent companies 856 18
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,292 48
- BrightPay quirks 167 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 790 20
- Website Content 103 1
- Personal Tax 616 12
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 116 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 152 1
- USA Tax Query 284 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 429 5
- last minute request 639 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 338 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 372 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,725 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 984 6