offsetting cis tax
I am looking for some help please.
A limited company is looking to obtain CIS gross status. I am aware of the 3 tests that it has to satisfy: business/turover/compliance.
My question is this: The company has deducted tax from subcontractors and is due to pay this on its next monthly cis return, but has not got the funds to pay as yet. It has also had tax deducted by the main contractor. When the monthly cis return is filed with no payment, it will fail the compliance test. Is it possible to offset the tax it has suffered against the tax it is due to pay, and how is this done?
- Company Share Buy Back 205 6
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 370 9
- P11d query 27 1
- 64-8 problems 386 5
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,005 19
- Company car in the LLP 237 4
- flat rate scheme 1,982 39
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 252 4
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 172 4
- Changing shareholding ratio 1,126 9
- Time to react ? ? ? 392 5
- Hello 408 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,925 53
- Sage 200 question 151 2
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 169 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 659 9
- Charitable Payment 233 4
- Unpaid share capital 279 3
- Physiotherapy 365 4
- New build property to be rented 235 4