Old outstanding Tax Returns | AccountingWEB

Old outstanding Tax Returns

I've just taken on a new client who has got way behind with his Tax Returns. For a couple of the earlier years, I have the following questions:

For 2005/2006 a determination was raised by HMRC for £1800. The Tax Return hasn't been submitted and it is now too late to have the determination adjusted.

For 2006/2007 an amount is on the account of £1800 which is the payments on account based on the previous year's determined figure.

My question is, if I submit a Tax Return for 2006/2007, even though it is out of time, will the Return amounts replace the payments on account?

Many thanks.

There are 2 comments. Login or register to view them.

No but

The Innkeeper |

I am afraid that HMRC won't

K81 |
K81's picture