There have been several threads over the years about online backups but I couldn't find a recent one. With technology changing all the time I wonder if members could put up any recommendations for online backup or file synching, it appears to be the way to go perhaps in addition to using the more traditional ways. I have read about security concerns in the past and would want to know it is as secure as it can be to back up client data.
Carbonite and Dropbox seem to be popular in past threads. What about Sugarsync and Justcloud? Does it matter if the company is non UK based?
Also any thoughts about backing up only files or an image of the drive gratefully appreciated.
- Running two businesses from the same premises 393 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 60 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,355 42
- How much of your work is admin? 618 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 96 1
- Nominal Ledger 382 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 556 20
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 192 2
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 185 2
- Old CGT loss 204 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 163 3
- Paper tax return 153 4
- Start up allowance? 372 12
- Will I need to resign? 175 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 245 3
- AIA or IFA 452 7
- Surely not? 456 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 640 9
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 358 7
- Late Registration for VAT 362 11