Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 542 5
- See you all on the other side 650 6
- 12Pay 382 2
- dividends 529 2
- R&D 290 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,141 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 425 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 369 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 337 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 523 5
- Seeking a tax case 607 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 464 4
- Companies house strike off 475 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 384 2
- Moving to the cloud 717 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 207 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 868 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 196 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,077 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 469 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 548
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 414
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 365
- IRIS and FRS 102 348
- Capitalising Finance Lease 313
- USA help 310
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 290
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 280
- Capital gains on rental property 256
- Marginal rates of tax 238