Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- Sale of shares and ER 32 2
- Laptop purchase 1,103 19
- Sage Payroll 167 7
- SA Return issued after P800 received 64 3
- Fee's for P11D's 105 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,115 24
- VAT on Gaming Machines 235 1
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 83 3
- VAT 81 1
- CT600 for the first time 280 17
- Auto enrolment 218 2
- Auto enrolment 309 5
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 111 4
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,776 14
- Moneysoft - Car Benefits 149 2
- SDLT - transfer of land into newco 81 2
- Share restructure 382 15
- RTI and bank holiday Friday 194 3
- Childcare Vouchers 104 1
- Elective DeductionsModel 139 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 752
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 511
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 380
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 357
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 271
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 209
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 206
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 187
- Director Loan account operation 178
- vat return 150