Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- General tax book with planning 136 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,190 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 271 11
- Gift of property & improvements 106 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 332 5
- VAT Invoice 120 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 797 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 122 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 206 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 169 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 141 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 440 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 364 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 249 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 180 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 258 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 159 4
- SA302's anyone?? 531 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,643 41
- Renting for military reasons 192 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 292
- Management expenses for investment company 263
- Bonus Bonds 261
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 172
- tax on apprenticeship income 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 148