Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- Box CP18 CT600 71 2
- Who can I refer leads to? 434 10
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 61 2
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 97 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 692 29
- new capital structure ltd with investors 317 6
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 773 11
- Gift to employee 188 4
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 339 5
- Growing pains 233 3
- Unfurnished properties allowable replacement expenditure 91 2
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 112 3
- Capital or revenue expense? 53 1
- Capital or revenue expense? 71 1
- VAT on land sale 267 8
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,753 25
- NOMINAL CODES 154 2
- Any Need to Formally "Sack" Client Company? 525 8
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 374 10
- Can Directors be removed without consequence? 199 3
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 440
- CTA study material 398
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 256
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 232
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 225
- Slight twist on employment related securities 201
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 166
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 151