Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- CGT on transfer of shares to Holding company 105 4
- Accounting treatment/tax treatment 18 1
- Ir35 and Social workers 18 1
- FPS responses ... 191 7
- Late leaver notification 325 7
- Self explanatory? I hope so! 183 2
- How to handle accidental overpayment into SIPP 133 1
- How does one compete? 408 7
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 879 15
- Should small companies be audited? 1,082 44
- semi retirement 295 4
- ATT Exam Question 248 6
- shareholder remuneration 268 9
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 323 3
- Where has Portia gone? 9,090 144
- proposed dividends 352 16
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 1,490 28
- Dividend and pension with no salary 438 4
- NICs and director salary if receiving pension 117 1
- Vat on solicitors charges 346 7
- Sanzar 474
- Digital marketing focus group 391
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 366
- Continuity Agreement 310
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 305
- Sainsbury's mangement 298
- Avanti Accounts 298
- Buyback 278
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 222
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 192