Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- Payment plans for clients 286 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 78 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 196 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 477 14
- Employee steeling client data 125 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,358 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 192 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 135 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 93 1
- CT600 277 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 216 4
- signature required 915 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 196 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 341 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 334 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 160 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 90 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 156 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 100 1
- Lease 152 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,309
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 856
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 551
- Credit where credit's due....... 342
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 262
- TheTax Donut 234
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 191
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 183
- Director's business mileage 152
- Sole trader CPD 147