Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- Cashflow forecasting software 276 4
- incorrect old p60 404 10
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,907 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 254 4
- Turnover on a tax return 206 7
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 233 3
- VAT refund 145 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 225 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 261 3
- Missing tax return 380 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,106 30
- Inflation and fees 1,400 24
- Sage Priority Support 182 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 837 24
- Micro-entity accounts 277 1
- Related party disclosure 229 3
- Company reconstruction 163 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 244 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 169 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 191 1