Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- Coding Notice 147 4
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 128 3
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 111 2
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 430 7
- Vat 270 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,269 13
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 338 7
- Why should I retain membership? 2,702 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 185 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 154 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,482 18
- CT/CIS offset 136 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 186 4
- Trade name 187 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 138 1
- New business - journal entries 319 20
- B2B vat in the EU 125 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 317 18
- VAT on deposits 209 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 140 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 808
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 710
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 390
- Social investment tax relief 208
- Digita Hosted Software 203
- Call Centre Data Costs 193
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 162
- Travel costs and contractors 156
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 148
- Certificates of tax deposit 140