Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- CT return error message 74 5
- Audit rules 244 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 539 10
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 278 8
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 241 1
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 255 1
- Sales Commission to Employees / External Companies 39 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 273 2
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 66 1
- How do you value an internet based business 832 11
- Capital repayments 73 1
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 132 1
- business entertaining deductibility 272 2
- Flat Rate VAT 171 1
- SA302 412 8
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 541 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 419 8
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 482 5
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 527 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 221 2
- Xtuple 528
- Qtac payroll for bureau 359
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 303
- Industrial & Provident Societies 296
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 226
- Domain name sale and limited company 186
- CIS schemes 185
- Investment 163
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 161
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 140