Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,691 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 81 1
- Accounts Software 143 5
- HMRC Agents Line 203 4
- calculation DTR restriction 85 1
- Company Director In Prison 455 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 76 1
- AWeb - download file 173 3
- Charity work 241 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 257 6
- Director Drawings 174 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 268 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 232 7
- Collection or business assets 113 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 273 8
- Tax position re this lease? 372 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 731 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 108 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,675 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 93 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 679
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 520
- Cancelled 428
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 328
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 243
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203