Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 20 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 255 6
- tax saving on card points 209 6
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 887 14
- VAT - How hard is it? 671 24
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 240 9
- Scissors 842 24
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,300 35
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 420 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 432 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 215 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 104 2
- The importance of Grammar 1,242 34
- Profit split from an investment property 104 4
- Xero Pain Points 492 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 320 8
- VAT and Groups 79 2
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,921 13
- VAT & Offshore Companies 215 7
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 450 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 367
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 318
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 305
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 292
- Electric Car 248
- S222 Charge 217
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 213
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 199
- Company Structure 191
- VAT and customer entertaining 174