Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- Share transfer question 267 10
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 408 7
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 201 5
- New Employers Helpline 127 2
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 216 5
- Overlap relief 719 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,288 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 187 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 191 4
- VAT Query 185 2
- Sacked my first client 649 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 415 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 230 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,270 24
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 621 11
- Trades and deadlines 146 3
- How to pay national insurance 648 18
- New Website Look 1,078 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 280 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 236 5
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 427
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 421
- WIP Software 288
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 284
- No payroll scheme in place 220
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 219
- Software recommendations 200
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 199
- Is there anything wrong with this? 189
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 187