Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 639 10
- CGT allowable expenditure 28 2
- error on companies house accounts 810 19
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 25 1
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 32 1
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 438 13
- Working in Australia and using allowance in UK? 38 1
- Group Relief 162 4
- New shareholder 267 4
- Newly Started Practice 799 16
- Moneysoft update problem 100 1
- HMRC stupidity of the day 331 3
- Directors obligation to notify 237 2
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 243 4
- Clients 831 17
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 272 5
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 392 3
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 373 2
- Sage Payroll 201 4
- PAYROLL - SAGE v Microsoft Payroll Manager 197 3
- QROP pension input amounts 506
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 495
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 451
- EPS and CIS deductions 314
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 300
- Construction CIS LLP Company 292
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 261
- SAGE winforecast 210
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 199
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 196