Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- Tax Fines - HMRC 496 6
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 88 2
- Exemption from CGT 359 6
- Owner director gym membership 117 2
- Do I need to register for VAT 144 11
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,548 32
- J10 - stock transfer form 29 1
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 78 3
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,452 35
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 244 4
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,211 22
- Travelling expenses 67 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 687 28
- Compare 2 lists 1,701 31
- Amend a 2010/11 return 228 2
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 248 2
- Capital Gains 227 2
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 142 2
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 241 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,174 22