Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- client threatening legal action 1,787 27
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 665 8
- Partially exempt? 234 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 82 1
- First VAT Visit for client 212 4
- Dividend in specie 222 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 156 8
- Lorry Drivers 131 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 74 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 83 1
- Mexican student in UK 113 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 193 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 291 12
- payroll software 110 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,047 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 96 1
- Pricing 329 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 245 5
- VAT 115 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 849 18
- Skandia using wrong address 483
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 278
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 272
- Employee rewards 257
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 222
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 216
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 209
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 158