Operating under a different name than registered
I have recently incorporated for a client. He was operating as a sole trader, involved with fundraising for charity.
The name he was using involved the word "Charity" which we were not able to use in the business name.
He has therefore used a similar name for his registered company, but without the word "Charity".
His website, promotional material etc are all branded with the previous name, which involves "Charity".
Does he need to completely rebrand, set up a new website etc with the registered business name? I am almost certain the answer is yes but just thought I would double check, as he is not keen to do so...
- VAT on farm machinery sold 64 1
- Cash bashed (FRS) vs cash accounting (standard VAT)? 71 1
- Any thoughts on Capium? 383 1
- Can criminal action be a defence? 167 5
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,394 14
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 324 10
- Seeking advice: Tax on investing in a subsidiary 97 4
- Property pages or self-employed? 90 1
- Income prior to company formation 157 7
- National Living Wage: creating jobs or unemployment? 286 6
- Chargeable Gains - CT600 85 2
- HMRC Security Deposit 534 13
- Restoring a Ltd company which had been struck off 375 9
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 246 4
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 923 8
- question 391 3
- VAT underpayment 211 6
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 251 5
- Company Limited by Guarantee 110 1
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 392 9
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 393
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 284
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 258
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 249
- French ConnectionUK 201
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 186
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 185
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 180
- APN's 169
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 143