Out of my comfort zone
I've recently (yesterday) quoted a prospect and they're sounding fairly interested but the situation I quoted for isn't quite the same as reality (because after all why would you be given all the info upfront!). The problem is that the reality has me feeling a bit out of my comfort zone and I'm having a crisis of confidence at the moment anyway (roll on tomorrow when I can legitimately say to hell with it all). I don't know whether to quote for the updated circumstances and push the boat out of calm waters into a potentially choppy sea or whether to make my excuses and decline?
What does everybody else do? It doesn't matter what the specific circumstances are here, it's just do you risk leaving your comfort zone for something that's not really important in life or do you challenge yourself constantly? My gut instinct is that I should decline and focus on facing demons where it matters. And give up accountancy and return to football / saving the Earth....
'Dear Santa, I've been terribly good all year so please bring me the self-confidence that some bugger nicked from me when I was a tiny tot. I'm making mince pies at the weekend so you can help yourself and tell Rudy and the rest to raid the fridge for carrots and anything else they fancy. Ta everso, love Flash xx'
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 17 1
- Turnover on a tax return 493 11
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,225 34
- incorrect old p60 537 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 63 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 169 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 107 1
- Special dividends & CGT 183 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 147 1
- Networking 335 5
- VAT refund 276 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 267 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 298 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 142 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 328 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 268 2
- IT Contractor 281 1
- Sage instant account codes 190 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 288 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 329 4