Out of my comfort zone
I've recently (yesterday) quoted a prospect and they're sounding fairly interested but the situation I quoted for isn't quite the same as reality (because after all why would you be given all the info upfront!). The problem is that the reality has me feeling a bit out of my comfort zone and I'm having a crisis of confidence at the moment anyway (roll on tomorrow when I can legitimately say to hell with it all). I don't know whether to quote for the updated circumstances and push the boat out of calm waters into a potentially choppy sea or whether to make my excuses and decline?
What does everybody else do? It doesn't matter what the specific circumstances are here, it's just do you risk leaving your comfort zone for something that's not really important in life or do you challenge yourself constantly? My gut instinct is that I should decline and focus on facing demons where it matters. And give up accountancy and return to football / saving the Earth....
'Dear Santa, I've been terribly good all year so please bring me the self-confidence that some bugger nicked from me when I was a tiny tot. I'm making mince pies at the weekend so you can help yourself and tell Rudy and the rest to raid the fridge for carrots and anything else they fancy. Ta everso, love Flash xx'
- 64-8's amazingly quick 55 2
- Personal Tax 286 8
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 260 2
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,206 46
- Practical experience 874 16
- Xerocon 2016 842 13
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,887 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 252 2
- Mortgage Reference 217 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 183 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 442 9
- VAT 313 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 246 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 221 1
- last minute request 331 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 84 1
- Cash gift from India 513 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 90 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 498 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 151 2