Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- Dividends 212 3
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 760 13
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 90 3
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 57 2
- Collecting cash on behalf of another business 118 4
- Unpaid Fee's 108 5
- Aquisition Value 59 2
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,231 11
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 152 4
- Limited Company trading status. 148 3
- Alphabet shares dividend paperwork 74 1
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 273 1
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 172 2
- How much to charge? 607 9
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 207 3
- Network marketing client - how does it work? 208 6
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 719 4
- cold file reviewer needed 124 1
- Auto Enrolment - Again I assume 1,390 14
- Companies House iphone app - alternatives? 164 2
- Possible Partnership? 500
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 478
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 455
- New Fangled Penalties 290
- Clubs and Taxable Income 254
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 251
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 240
- Loans to other companies 187
- Tasbook email configuration 176
- Accomodation and travel 168