Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- first year company tax return for a limited company 159 5
- Real names 1,240 37
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 395 7
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 92 1
- Expenses Apps 151 2
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 163 4
- Quick Easy Quote 239 4
- What are options for non CA firm 1,787 29
- Solicitor accounts 55 1
- Unallocated client money 229 7
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 192 2
- change of office address 119 4
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 225 3
- Incorporation Relief 124 4
- Letting income or partnership income? 100 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 356 4
- Furniture Rental Business 99 2
- Client Death 551 9
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 197 4
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 355 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 605
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 481
- Sorry ignore me 379
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 367
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 280
- Cancelled 241
- Cancelled 212
- Bartercard 173
- C79 Discrepancy 168
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 159