Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 417 7
- Holiday entitlement 563 11
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 168 4
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 410 12
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 329 7
- Spousal transfer and PPR 532 17
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 308 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 116 1
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 296 8
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 126 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,877 65
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 918 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 219 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 204 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 422 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 350 9
- Merging my businesses 179 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,742 73
- VAT on commercial property 181 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,074 49
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 787
- RTI - duplicate employee record 548
- Pensions Regulator 446
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 407
- Sage Vat return box 2 314
- Sanzar 310
- Portia ... Where art thou 295
- Digital marketing focus group 294
- How do you do it 286
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 266