Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- EIS reinvestment relief 32 1
- Knuckle down one week to go! 1,118 23
- Advice on letting a client go ? 220 5
- Receipt bank 44 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 61 3
- Unbelievable!! 166 2
- Urgent question on company accounting period before it become dormant 68 2
- ITTOIA 2005 s629 86 4
- Do we have to register for VAT? 122 4
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,606 88
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 231 3
- Paying 31 January 2015 income tax by instalments 1,320 19
- Paperless practices - do you keep any paper records? 801 24
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 269 4
- Non resident income. 294 15
- Use of home deduction 649 21
- How to pay? 140 6
- Are you qualified and wanting to work flexible hours from home? 128 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 139 3
- White van man 735 25
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 861
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 553
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 521
- Latest phishing scam 417
- Entrepreneurs' relief 385
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 343
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 324
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 308
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 219
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 199