Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 485 15
- Do I need to pay my accountant 840 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,092 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 100 1
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 653 20
- Audit 97 1
- carry back of gift aid 169 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 292 8
- Awkward IP 1,167 12
- What's in a name ? 952 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 847 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 184 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 554 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 232 3
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 380 6
- Potentially dodgy client 406 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 560 28
- Entrepeneurs relief 457 18
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 400 9
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 546 23
- CTA study material 785
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 425
- Employment related securities question 313
- AIM Stocks and IHT 290
- Expat pension contributions? 268
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 264
- Trust for Employee 247
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 200
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 153