Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- Value pricing 79 4
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 712 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 93 3
- Cash flow 125 2
- I have a pain 620 5
- convert directors loan account to share capital 131 4
- New use of home - simplified method 188 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 254 5
- company secretarial software 87 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 342 13
- Rental Income 251 3
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,928 32
- Share restructure 326 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 140 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,804 14
- P11d error 422 9
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 165 1
- Associated companies 113 1
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 503 8
- Paperless office question 206 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 725
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 495
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 339
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 333
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 261
- VAT on Gaming Machines 207
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 196
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 179
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 172
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 165