Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 162 10
- signature required 380 16
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 92 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 167 2
- Homing sandwiches 326 9
- Related Party Transactions 89 2
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 134 4
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 65 1
- UK resident receiving USA pension 44 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 453 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 749 13
- More AE! 749 17
- Web sites 232 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 592 13
- Dispensation 169 3
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 500 14
- South African family trust and UK resident beneficiary 101 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 301 3
- Late Filing and Late Registration Penalty 269 3
- Capitalising purchased software 126 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,228
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 510
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 306
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 183
- TheTax Donut 172
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 155
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 155