Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 239 2
- Personal Tax 263 7
- 64-8's amazingly quick 27 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,199 46
- Practical experience 870 16
- Xerocon 2016 837 13
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,885 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 249 2
- Mortgage Reference 203 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 180 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 440 9
- VAT 310 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 241 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 216 1
- last minute request 326 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 83 1
- Cash gift from India 511 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 90 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 490 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 146 2