Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- 15% restirction on lease cars 45 1
- Annual Report - How to? 94 2
- CGT on 'listed co return of capital via B share' 48 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,021 14
- Investment property? 613 5
- PAYE 104 2
- Quote for client 321 8
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 257 6
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 102 2
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 198 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 50 1
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 89 1
- Investment Unrealised Gains Accounting Treatment 73 1
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 291 6
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 271 10
- error on companies house accounts 912 20
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 199 3
- ATT Exam tips and study help 133 2
- Client's company struck off 1,892 21
- Refurbised Pub 191 4
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 517
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 454
- EPS and CIS deductions 320
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 304
- Construction CIS LLP Company 295
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 279
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 228
- SAGE winforecast 218
- Overdrawn director account 202
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 200