Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 96 2
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 174 7
- Pension Fund Audit for HMRC form APSS106 - suggested program? 33 1
- The stupidity continues 2,214 98
- Excel file Corrupted 97 3
- Benefit in kind but no salary 89 2
- Ishares Ftse 100 (ETF) -Ireland 110 1
- Marketing and email surprises 487 10
- Cis refund for company 156 3
- 45p mileage - stupid question 357 4
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 134 1
- Taxable turnover for VAT registration 199 8
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,470 27
- PRR and Letting relief 104 2
- Do I need to make a P11D provision in Accs? 150 2
- CGT on transfer of property 258 15
- Capital Event? 148 4
- Transfer of property to director & shareholder 96 1
- Xero Training 349 2
- Gift of asset between couple living as husband and wife 148 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 455
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 449
- WIP Software 317
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 301
- No payroll scheme in place 255
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 250
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 229
- Is there anything wrong with this? 224
- Small Part Disposal of Property 209
- Uncommercial property business 202