Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- Company buy back of shares from directors 182 11
- Please tell me what to do!! 290 8
- VAT on exports to EU 75 1
- 5th April 236 7
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,980 33
- Cash basis 130 5
- Cash basis 786 28
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 270 2
- Investor exit 243 4
- client threatening legal action 2,298 31
- When & How much of Income to recognise 133 2
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 228 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 342 14
- Undeclared rental income 2,580 23
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 563 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 331 9
- Rental income 153 2
- s455 Directors loan 210 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 76 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,189 8
- Skandia using wrong address 609
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 327
- Employee rewards 307
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 274
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 237
- Etax Australian 200
- LLP in Construction Industry 165
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 153
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 140
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 136