Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- State pension 263 3
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 209 6
- 27,000 Really? 957 28
- Accountancy Career 55 1
- CIC Company 647 13
- pension paid by company? 42 1
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,803 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,243 66
- Deduction from Salary 627 15
- inheritance tax 365 11
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 418 5
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 270 7
- Group Audit Thresholds 349 10
- One off meeting new client 1,677 16
- Legal title not in the company name 752 22
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 282 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 530 4
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 192 3
- NALS Accountants Report 348 5
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,235 44
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 392
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 352
- Cancelled 333
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 306
- Probiz 300
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 277
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 256
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221
- How not to compose an email 221