Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- When do we qualify for state pension? 183 4
- Companies house strike off 70 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 101 2
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 90 2
- Moving to the cloud 621 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 151 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 733 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 140 4
- BTC vs Digita 981 29
- Seeking a tax case 277 8
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 308 4
- See you all on the other side 252 5
- VATABLE Income 303 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 247 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 273 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 496 6
- P11D software 117 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 535 9
- VAT - business splitting 240 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 588 16
- HMRC Joint Filing 525
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 394
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 354
- IRIS and FRS 102 327
- Capitalising Finance Lease 294
- USA help 287
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 248
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 234
- Capital gains on rental property 229
- Sage Coretime 218