Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 289 8
- dreaded p11d dispensation 101 4
- Accounting for share for share 38 3
- Sportman claiming for training kit 50 2
- Use of home for storage 371 7
- What should I do for 'free' 673 7
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 102 1
- Company Accounts 294 6
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 171 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,445 349
- disclosue checklist 78 2
- Mortgage deposit Gift 537 25
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 59 1
- FIFA game and making money 1,458 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 219 7
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 220 2
- Current Asset Investment 157 4
- corp tax software 95 2
- Were you asked to pay to sign off your ACCA PCTR by your Principle? 264 3
- Umbrella Company 204 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,194
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 411
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 312
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 240
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 228
- Franchise income and costs 209
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 193