Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 677 18
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 292 4
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 275 10
- Love is in the air 602 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,058 47
- CGT on lost shares/scam 378 4
- Setting up a practice 537 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 546 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 501 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 409 1
- Stamp Duty 302 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 240 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,826 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 722 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 398 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 588 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 592 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 418 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 404 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 465 6
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 296
- CGT for NOn UK residents 282
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 281
- Foreign domicile status 265
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 258
- Apprenticeship Levy 243
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 242
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 226
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 225