Outlook can't find POP or SMTP servers
An odd thing - my windows computer - a Dell Vostro running Windows 7 and Office 2010 - suddenly refused to connect to my ISP (both POP and SMTP), whilst my Mac, iPad and blackberry were all accessing the same ISP (and the same email account) with no problems.
Outlook also refuses to access another account with the same ISP or to set up new accounts, but internet explorer on the same computer is happily accessing the web.
This afternoon I fired up my Dell netbook which runs Ubuntu for the first time in over a year and it too was OK with both email and internet.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Outlook recently? Have there been any glitches with Windows or office updates within the last couple of weeks?
Or is the Vostro being spiteful because I bought a Mac?
- Cocaine anyone? 263 4
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 62 3
- How much of your work is admin? 1,148 10
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,484 22
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 851 26
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 290 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 480 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 262 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 342 11
- Tax return software for remote working 490 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 572 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 462 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 454 9
- How to purchase business premises? 187 2
- Will I need to resign? 849 10
- Childcare vouchers 200 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 281 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 301 6
- VAT avoidance? 250 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 203 3
- Hive up 477
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 440
- corporate hierarchy 418
- Advice - 250
- Amortisation of Goodwill 225
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 213
- WWOOFers 206
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 185
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 183