Just wanted to run this by AWeb members.
I received an email from a Chinese office of a Japanese leasing/financial services company saying they want to outsource the finance department to me as they have trouble collecting money owed to them in this country and want to have it run from here, eg accounts payable and receivable, bank recs, invoicing, bookkeeping etc etc for their UK customer base.
Now, if I was a big successful firm I could understand them approaching me - but I am a sole practitioner struggling to get clients. I am desperate but more cautious than desperate. I've hardly had any clicks on my website, so why me???
I've checked them out on Google and the firm has a website etc but it doesn't really tell me much about them. I can't download annual accounts etc and have to request those from the 'sales representative'. I will look up the website owner on 'who-is'.
The firm just happens to share the same name as an 'individual' who has been associated with real estate scams in the US. Coincidence?
The little voice in my head says "Eve, this is too good to be true" but wonder whether I should just try and get more info from them about the level of transactions, scope of work and so on?
Any thoughts? Has anybody else had a similar approach made?
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 70 5
- Flat Rate Scheme 221 13
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 164 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 393 17
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,105 32
- Giving a seminar 470 27
- deleting customers on Sage 50 86 4
- Interest on Loan to a Company 235 2
- Writing off bad debts 147 4
- Added years superannuation 23 1
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 93 2
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 333 7
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 47 1
- Care to help a student out? 250 9
- Residency 91 day rule 183 1
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 846 12
- Dazed & confused 1,325 9
- Altered PAYE cheque 128 3
- PAYE coding notices 104 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 672 17
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,191
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 598
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 402
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 307
- Agent fees to sell business 185
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 185
- Alphabet shares 182
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 174
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 150
- EBT 149