Just wanted to run this by AWeb members.
I received an email from a Chinese office of a Japanese leasing/financial services company saying they want to outsource the finance department to me as they have trouble collecting money owed to them in this country and want to have it run from here, eg accounts payable and receivable, bank recs, invoicing, bookkeeping etc etc for their UK customer base.
Now, if I was a big successful firm I could understand them approaching me - but I am a sole practitioner struggling to get clients. I am desperate but more cautious than desperate. I've hardly had any clicks on my website, so why me???
I've checked them out on Google and the firm has a website etc but it doesn't really tell me much about them. I can't download annual accounts etc and have to request those from the 'sales representative'. I will look up the website owner on 'who-is'.
The firm just happens to share the same name as an 'individual' who has been associated with real estate scams in the US. Coincidence?
The little voice in my head says "Eve, this is too good to be true" but wonder whether I should just try and get more info from them about the level of transactions, scope of work and so on?
Any thoughts? Has anybody else had a similar approach made?
- Boffin of the Year 105 6
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 436 9
- PAYE versus Dividends 100 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 425 9
- equipment rental 58 1
- Giving a seminar 610 32
- Flat Rate Scheme 362 16
- Non sequitur 137 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,183 63
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 568 11
- Employer pension contribution as part of redundancy package 118 3
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 257 9
- Am i Liable? 781 19
- Joint Filing Help 162 3
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 235 8
- audit for 50% associate? 88 2
- Contingent Asset Disclosure 99 5
- Write off of former director's loan 805 12
- HMRC Appeals 125 1
- RTI 339 11
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,278
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 629
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 416
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 325
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 242
- Alphabet shares 212
- Agent fees to sell business 205
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 200
- Office recharges 161
- Tax position on lease extension 156