Overdrawn Directors Loan Account
My husband and wife clients have a partnership and a limited company, both equally jointly owned.
The partnership wanted to buy a plot of land for its business but the company had the funds.
The funds were paid out of the company to the partnership and then the partnership bought the land.
This is a loan to the partnership rather than a specific withdrawal by a director, is s455 due?
Would it make any difference if the company was a partner in the partnership?
- Payment on account penalties 27 2
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 166 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 147 8
- Tax on free shares 82 4
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 97 1
- Audit 438 14
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 370 8
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 96 3
- Buying a horse?? 376 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 178 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 728 21
- PITA ex-client 196 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 233 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 345 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 318 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,660 19
- New supplier 135 3
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 824 22
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 247 13
- Scottish Independance 880 24
- CTA study material 798
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 490
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 451
- Employment related securities question 316
- AIM Stocks and IHT 303
- Expat pension contributions? 276
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 273
- Trust for Employee 252
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 218
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 157