Overdrawn Loan Account
My client transferred assest into his company from a partnership and the valuations were questioned by HMRC.
Monies were withdrawn from the company by the director against this transferred amount.
The valuation has now been accepted a high and subsequently reduced.
My question is what is the effective date of the DLA being classed as overdrawn, is it:
1. The valuation should be amended on day one and the overdrawn account occurs after the first withdrawal with subsequent wihdrawals etc etc.
2. The valuation should be amended in the accounts year when the agreement was reached with HMRC and the DLA becomes overdrawn in that year.
Assume for now that the cleared within nine months of the year end doesnt apply to the earlier period but could for the current period.
- What would you do in this situation? 445 11
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 105 3
- Help Required 247 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 201 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 366 14
- What's in a name ? 192 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 118 3
- ATED Penalties 247 1
- late second payment on account 137 2
- US royalties 57 2
- Project being run jointly 110 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 161 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 130 3
- Sole trader mix up 274 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 721 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 881 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 202 4
- Filing company accounts 131 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 491 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 154 5
- CTA study material 693
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 419
- Employment related securities question 261
- AIM Stocks and IHT 241
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 193
- Trust for Employee 180
- Expat pension contributions? 176
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 149
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 126
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 112