Overdrawn Loan Account
My client transferred assest into his company from a partnership and the valuations were questioned by HMRC.
Monies were withdrawn from the company by the director against this transferred amount.
The valuation has now been accepted a high and subsequently reduced.
My question is what is the effective date of the DLA being classed as overdrawn, is it:
1. The valuation should be amended on day one and the overdrawn account occurs after the first withdrawal with subsequent wihdrawals etc etc.
2. The valuation should be amended in the accounts year when the agreement was reached with HMRC and the DLA becomes overdrawn in that year.
Assume for now that the cleared within nine months of the year end doesnt apply to the earlier period but could for the current period.
- Advice needed. 442 11
- Tax and children 127 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 553 8
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 385 16
- UK Accountancy Franchise 160 2
- Directors obligation to notify 88 1
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 255 2
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 135 1
- Starting new accounting business 328 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 155 4
- error on companies house accounts 755 18
- RTI penalties 131 1
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 168 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 320 5
- US Sales Tax 114 1
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 203 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 175 1
- Group Relief 139 4
- R&D Credits 107 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 275 7
- QROP pension input amounts 501
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 483
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 446
- EPS and CIS deductions 303
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 292
- Construction CIS LLP Company 285
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 250
- SAGE winforecast 205
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 188
- Overdrawn director account 175