Overdrawn Loan Account
My client transferred assest into his company from a partnership and the valuations were questioned by HMRC.
Monies were withdrawn from the company by the director against this transferred amount.
The valuation has now been accepted a high and subsequently reduced.
My question is what is the effective date of the DLA being classed as overdrawn, is it:
1. The valuation should be amended on day one and the overdrawn account occurs after the first withdrawal with subsequent wihdrawals etc etc.
2. The valuation should be amended in the accounts year when the agreement was reached with HMRC and the DLA becomes overdrawn in that year.
Assume for now that the cleared within nine months of the year end doesnt apply to the earlier period but could for the current period.
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 125 2
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 125 3
- Capital Gain? 514 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 220 5
- Sell business after leaving country 128 2
- How much to charge? 245 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 164 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 639 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 244 2
- break even point 594 18
- Simple consolidation question 119 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 393 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,002 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 406 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 207 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 289 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 177 4
- IHT Query 247 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 448 2
- BrightPay 700 22
- Possible Partnership? 467
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 443
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 430
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 234
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 230
- Clubs and Taxable Income 221
- New Fangled Penalties 220
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 214
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 187
- Loans to other companies 168