Overdrawn Loan Account
My client transferred assest into his company from a partnership and the valuations were questioned by HMRC.
Monies were withdrawn from the company by the director against this transferred amount.
The valuation has now been accepted a high and subsequently reduced.
My question is what is the effective date of the DLA being classed as overdrawn, is it:
1. The valuation should be amended on day one and the overdrawn account occurs after the first withdrawal with subsequent wihdrawals etc etc.
2. The valuation should be amended in the accounts year when the agreement was reached with HMRC and the DLA becomes overdrawn in that year.
Assume for now that the cleared within nine months of the year end doesnt apply to the earlier period but could for the current period.
- Do you need to account for a director loan separate from the current account 53 1
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 718 20
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 308 1
- Sage 50 accounts 75 3
- Where has Portia gone? 5,697 118
- Do accountants work at home? 123 2
- Abbreviated accounts Companies House 61 1
- Keeping disastrous accounts 526 6
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 478 12
- Help 430 13
- Can a trust benefit from PPR 683 5
- Is a new PAYE scheme needed for incorporated business? 103 3
- P11D Expenses Claims 103 1
- Lost "thanks" 188 2
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 378 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 853 14
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 176 3
- Stock of photos to capatilise 452 18
- Anyone used the firm 'More Clients 4 U? 281 6
- Practice management software 1,178 22