OVERPAYMENT RELIEF RULES
I AM STRUGGLING WITH A LOCAL INSPECTOR TO GET ANY SENSE OUT OF HIM ON THIS; AND THE SAME WITH THE AAM SERVICE.
I HAVE FILED A LOSS CARRY BACK AND AMENDED CAPITAL ALLOWANCE CLAIM TOGETHER WHICH WAS I GUESS UNWISE-FOR A LTD COMPANY.-I SHOULD HAVE DONE THE CLAIMS SEPERATELY.
IT SEEMS THE LOSS CARRY BACK WAS AGREED BUT I HAVENT HAD THE AGREED FIGURES FROM THE INSPECTOR IN WRITING, HOW EVER MANY TIMES i TRY...TO GET THEM.
I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY SHARING OF KNOWLEDGE ON WHEN THE DEPARTMENT IS EXPECTING A FORMAL OVERPAYMENT RELIEF CLAIM SIGNED BY THE CLIENT UNDER CORP TAX TO BE FILED-THIS DOES NOT SEEM TO BE INSISTED ON JUST WITH LOSS CARRY BACKS, WHICH I HAVE FILED WITH NOW COMPLICATION AT THE DEPARTMENT END.
IS IT JUST FOR CASES COVERED UNDER "ERROR/MISTAKE" PROVISIONS WHERE THE CT600 IS CORRECTED IN RESPECT OF MATTERS OTHER THAN LOSS CARRY BACK ELECTIONS.
AS PROTOCOL I WOULD ALWAYS FILE AN AMENDED CT600 FOR THE EARLIER YEAR IN RESPECT OF LOSS CARRY BACK CLAIMS.
THIS IS WHY I AM CONFUSED.
MAYBE THE INSPECTOR IS JUST OVER WORKED AND TECHNICALLY OVERBURDENED /DEMORALISED IN THE CURRENT CLIMATE.
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 352 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 185 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 58 1
- Group Relief 110 4
- R&D Credits 87 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 218 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 75 2
- Clients 654 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 217 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 107 3
- Starting new accounting business 252 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 450 10
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 64 1
- Sage Payroll 88 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 102 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 423 8
- Tolley UK sales number 207 7
- Intermediaries reporting - who does it apply to? 116 2
- Are agent account managers any good? 156 2
- Non Resident Landlord Scheme - Penalties 91 3
- QROP pension input amounts 492
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 476
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 438
- EPS and CIS deductions 293
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 285
- Construction CIS LLP Company 276
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 238
- SAGE winforecast 198
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 187
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 182