OVERPAYMENT RELIEF RULES
I AM STRUGGLING WITH A LOCAL INSPECTOR TO GET ANY SENSE OUT OF HIM ON THIS; AND THE SAME WITH THE AAM SERVICE.
I HAVE FILED A LOSS CARRY BACK AND AMENDED CAPITAL ALLOWANCE CLAIM TOGETHER WHICH WAS I GUESS UNWISE-FOR A LTD COMPANY.-I SHOULD HAVE DONE THE CLAIMS SEPERATELY.
IT SEEMS THE LOSS CARRY BACK WAS AGREED BUT I HAVENT HAD THE AGREED FIGURES FROM THE INSPECTOR IN WRITING, HOW EVER MANY TIMES i TRY...TO GET THEM.
I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY SHARING OF KNOWLEDGE ON WHEN THE DEPARTMENT IS EXPECTING A FORMAL OVERPAYMENT RELIEF CLAIM SIGNED BY THE CLIENT UNDER CORP TAX TO BE FILED-THIS DOES NOT SEEM TO BE INSISTED ON JUST WITH LOSS CARRY BACKS, WHICH I HAVE FILED WITH NOW COMPLICATION AT THE DEPARTMENT END.
IS IT JUST FOR CASES COVERED UNDER "ERROR/MISTAKE" PROVISIONS WHERE THE CT600 IS CORRECTED IN RESPECT OF MATTERS OTHER THAN LOSS CARRY BACK ELECTIONS.
AS PROTOCOL I WOULD ALWAYS FILE AN AMENDED CT600 FOR THE EARLIER YEAR IN RESPECT OF LOSS CARRY BACK CLAIMS.
THIS IS WHY I AM CONFUSED.
MAYBE THE INSPECTOR IS JUST OVER WORKED AND TECHNICALLY OVERBURDENED /DEMORALISED IN THE CURRENT CLIMATE.
- Collecting cash on behalf of another business 61 1
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 15 1
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 259 1
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 124 3
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 142 2
- Dividends 176 2
- How much to charge? 582 9
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 167 3
- Network marketing client - how does it work? 192 6
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 695 4
- cold file reviewer needed 94 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 722 10
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,184 10
- Auto Enrolment - Again I assume 1,382 14
- Companies House iphone app - alternatives? 158 2
- Retained Earnings - loss 227 10
- break even point 876 23
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 422 3
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 660 19
- National Insurance Contributions 206 4
- Possible Partnership? 500
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 474
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 454
- New Fangled Penalties 289
- Clubs and Taxable Income 250
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 248
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 240
- Loans to other companies 187
- Tasbook email configuration 175
- Accomodation and travel 166