OVERPAYMENT RELIEF RULES
I AM STRUGGLING WITH A LOCAL INSPECTOR TO GET ANY SENSE OUT OF HIM ON THIS; AND THE SAME WITH THE AAM SERVICE.
I HAVE FILED A LOSS CARRY BACK AND AMENDED CAPITAL ALLOWANCE CLAIM TOGETHER WHICH WAS I GUESS UNWISE-FOR A LTD COMPANY.-I SHOULD HAVE DONE THE CLAIMS SEPERATELY.
IT SEEMS THE LOSS CARRY BACK WAS AGREED BUT I HAVENT HAD THE AGREED FIGURES FROM THE INSPECTOR IN WRITING, HOW EVER MANY TIMES i TRY...TO GET THEM.
I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY SHARING OF KNOWLEDGE ON WHEN THE DEPARTMENT IS EXPECTING A FORMAL OVERPAYMENT RELIEF CLAIM SIGNED BY THE CLIENT UNDER CORP TAX TO BE FILED-THIS DOES NOT SEEM TO BE INSISTED ON JUST WITH LOSS CARRY BACKS, WHICH I HAVE FILED WITH NOW COMPLICATION AT THE DEPARTMENT END.
IS IT JUST FOR CASES COVERED UNDER "ERROR/MISTAKE" PROVISIONS WHERE THE CT600 IS CORRECTED IN RESPECT OF MATTERS OTHER THAN LOSS CARRY BACK ELECTIONS.
AS PROTOCOL I WOULD ALWAYS FILE AN AMENDED CT600 FOR THE EARLIER YEAR IN RESPECT OF LOSS CARRY BACK CLAIMS.
THIS IS WHY I AM CONFUSED.
MAYBE THE INSPECTOR IS JUST OVER WORKED AND TECHNICALLY OVERBURDENED /DEMORALISED IN THE CURRENT CLIMATE.
- Hobby Horse 785 8
- Non resident income. 449 20
- What sectors to target? 610 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 259 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 190 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,937 41
- Self assesment online 995 11
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 267 21
- Why do I do this every year 418 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 305 5
- closing limited company 188 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 104 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 524 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 256 9
- IHT and US resident 74 1
- Limited Companies Merger 213 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 142 1
- Practice management 386 7
- IHT and cash gifts 254 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 570 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 933
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 652
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 602
- Latest phishing scam 580
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 417
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 315
- Scratch Head 242
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 237
- Sabbatical payments 200
- Negligible Value Claim 176