OVERPAYMENT RELIEF RULES
I AM STRUGGLING WITH A LOCAL INSPECTOR TO GET ANY SENSE OUT OF HIM ON THIS; AND THE SAME WITH THE AAM SERVICE.
I HAVE FILED A LOSS CARRY BACK AND AMENDED CAPITAL ALLOWANCE CLAIM TOGETHER WHICH WAS I GUESS UNWISE-FOR A LTD COMPANY.-I SHOULD HAVE DONE THE CLAIMS SEPERATELY.
IT SEEMS THE LOSS CARRY BACK WAS AGREED BUT I HAVENT HAD THE AGREED FIGURES FROM THE INSPECTOR IN WRITING, HOW EVER MANY TIMES i TRY...TO GET THEM.
I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY SHARING OF KNOWLEDGE ON WHEN THE DEPARTMENT IS EXPECTING A FORMAL OVERPAYMENT RELIEF CLAIM SIGNED BY THE CLIENT UNDER CORP TAX TO BE FILED-THIS DOES NOT SEEM TO BE INSISTED ON JUST WITH LOSS CARRY BACKS, WHICH I HAVE FILED WITH NOW COMPLICATION AT THE DEPARTMENT END.
IS IT JUST FOR CASES COVERED UNDER "ERROR/MISTAKE" PROVISIONS WHERE THE CT600 IS CORRECTED IN RESPECT OF MATTERS OTHER THAN LOSS CARRY BACK ELECTIONS.
AS PROTOCOL I WOULD ALWAYS FILE AN AMENDED CT600 FOR THE EARLIER YEAR IN RESPECT OF LOSS CARRY BACK CLAIMS.
THIS IS WHY I AM CONFUSED.
MAYBE THE INSPECTOR IS JUST OVER WORKED AND TECHNICALLY OVERBURDENED /DEMORALISED IN THE CURRENT CLIMATE.
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 714 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 804 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 461 10
- Real time 191 2
- Withdrawal of a quote 378 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 248 3
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 215 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 203 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 601 15
- When to top-up pensions? 165 2
- Support / ticketing software 328 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 325 3
- Imported goods and VAT 134 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 435 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 590 11
- Stamp Duty 175 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,863 22
- Company Number 10000000 994 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 368 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 236 3
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 470
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 288
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 242
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 219
- Apprenticeship Levy 216
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 209
- Just checking re PSA 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 189
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 177