My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 127 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 330 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 214 3
- FreeAgent question 109 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 137 2
- CIS monthly returns 184 2
- Goodie bag 1,556 52
- Husband Wife let property 353 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 503 12
- Output tax for retailer 316 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 286 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 140 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 139 1
- CT600 Advice 144 1
- Fair Value Accounting 83 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 161 4
- can I approach clients ? 413 8
- Companies House Penalties 154 2
- Apostille documents 120 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 548 13
- Possible Partnership? 644
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 518
- New Fangled Penalties 449
- Fuming! 384
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 318
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 257
- Outsource Data Entry 242
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 237
- Moving away from CCH software 230
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 177