My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Shareholder agreement 111 3
- Tax code for Companies House fees 92 1
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 187 3
- Company Reorganisation 119 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 620 10
- Employee Loan 158 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 445 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 558 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 92 1
- Wear and tear allowance 439 6
- Accountants' Error 592 12
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 333 6
- Buying accountancy practice 619 10
- Paperless office 1,071 7
- Accountant Error 382 6
- Auto enrolment 138 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 407 5
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 278 3
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 254 12
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 279 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,441
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 749
- Any views 684
- HMRC Employers Diary 517
- International interest certificate 419
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 380
- Sale of business 342
- NOVA 250
- Advertising services? 242
- IRIS Open Books problem 235