My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 266 6
- flat rate scheme 2,438 51
- Importing transactions from VT Cashbook to VT Transaction+ 57 1
- Family Partnership 350 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,267 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 92 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 204 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 332 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 117 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 349 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 228 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 208 6
- Business trips - director and family 441 3
- Signed accounts for bank 698 15
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 340 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 245 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 131 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 888 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 241 5
- VAT Query on new build 150 1
- Sainsbury's mangement 1,045
- Calling franchise accountants 893
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 590
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 515
- Scammers 509
- MERGER ACCA MEMBER WITH ICAEW FIRM 458
- Potential new client 458
- HMRC online filing 409
- fraud 279
- Anyone offering Probate Services yet? 200