My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Share transfer question 264 10
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 404 7
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 193 5
- New Employers Helpline 123 2
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 214 5
- Overlap relief 718 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,283 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 185 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 186 4
- VAT Query 180 2
- Sacked my first client 647 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 414 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 223 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,267 24
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 620 11
- Trades and deadlines 140 3
- How to pay national insurance 648 18
- New Website Look 1,077 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 272 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 233 5
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 426
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 421
- WIP Software 288
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 284
- No payroll scheme in place 219
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 218
- Software recommendations 200
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 198
- Is there anything wrong with this? 189
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 187