My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 397 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 737 22
- New Starter Checklist 219 8
- Goodwill complications 320 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 509 21
- TaxCalc Accounts production 214 3
- HMRC Distraint 209 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 185 2
- Will I need to resign? 630 9
- Old CGT loss 295 8
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 108 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 357 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 419 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,037 16
- How to explain this to someone 205 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,415 20
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 145 5
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 632 15
- Charges for VAT MOSS 224 1
- Limited company purchase of property 508 4