My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 752 20
- Audit 237 7
- Buying a horse?? 40 1
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 465 7
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 95 5
- Awkward IP 1,308 13
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 597 18
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 742 22
- Do I need to pay my accountant 958 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,108 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 121 1
- carry back of gift aid 186 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 304 8
- What's in a name ? 1,035 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 913 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 232 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 563 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 243 3
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 413 6
- Potentially dodgy client 466 3
- CTA study material 788
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 485
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 431
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 271
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 265
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 206
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154