My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 390 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 125 3
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 71 1
- Registered Office 132 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,476 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 311 5
- Partnership Registration 98 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 899 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 102 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 679 12
- Audit Required 1,182 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 303 9
- Residential Management Companies 86 2
- Value pricing 2,852 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 396 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 389 11
- Payroll software for Mac 119 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 113 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 215 5
- CIS and Close Company 207 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 943
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 660
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 396
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 331
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 259
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 250
- Paye procedures for CVA 249
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 195
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 192
- Pension Fixed Protection 187