My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Night out allowance 148 1
- Paying Personal Allowance in one go 33 1
- Directors/owners taking too much cash... 980 15
- Spanish Tax Return 108 5
- Accounts/CT600 Filing HMRC & Companies House 27 1
- Missing accountant! 673 4
- Property Development 342 8
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 457 6
- Invoicing clients System? 283 6
- VAT on land sale 201 7
- Loss on cessation of sole trade 204 5
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 405 11
- MAAT vs ACCA 2,096 39
- Director self assessment 259 15
- Directors and unemployment benefit 204 10
- Which address 198 8
- Sale of overseas home on return to UK 110 2
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 463 6
- Supply to Irish State Body 241 3
- Have I made a mistake... 586 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 409
- CTA study material 366
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 274
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 253
- new capital structure ltd with investors 207
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 204
- Pre incorp expenses 203
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 185
- Slight twist on employment related securities 175
- Accommodation provided to employees for short term contract away from home 159