My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 31 1
- Xerocon 2016 1,292 36
- VAT disaggregation 65 1
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 386 9
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 887 23
- Appointment of director 44 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 498 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 209 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 269 3
- Mortgage Reference 602 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 332 7
- Insovent companies 911 19
- New Build 248 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,316 48
- BrightPay quirks 282 2
- Website Content 231 1
- Personal Tax 665 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 228 1
- USA Tax Query 338 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 452 5