My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 294 7
- Auto-Enrolment 3,481 169
- Proof of Delivery 132 2
- Research expenses for authors 249 5
- Investor exit 64 1
- Partially exempt? 38 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 115 3
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 235 4
- OBK 199 5
- Accounting for a VAT Group 114 3
- Xero (another cloud system) and your year end accounts file 108 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,686 25
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 375 4
- Property expense - legal fees 110 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,732 588
- Rental Income Tax Planning 106 2
- What type of Trust? 95 1
- Dormant Company 131 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 773 16
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 120 2
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 505
- Skandia using wrong address 457
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- Employee rewards 245
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 244
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 212
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 196
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 186
- Etax Australian 156