My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Should I move back home away from my office? 469 10
- Property income in different capacities 123 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 210 6
- Contract Hire of Vans for Limited Company 71 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 414 10
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 127 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,311 19
- Scanners 184 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 135 1
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 240 3
- Payment plans for clients 154 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 238 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 274 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 395 2
- P60 or payslips? 114 1
- IHT dilemma 1,391 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 197 1
- IT advisory questions? 192 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 801 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 167 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,167
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 799
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 494
- Digita Hosted Software 322
- Credit where credit's due....... 280
- Director phone costs 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 229
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 211
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 161
- how to object to registered company name... 142