My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,485 41
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 159 3
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 110 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 294 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 238 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,240 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 373 6
- Go Cardless 388 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 335 3
- Mehjoo 339 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 163 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 418 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 201 4
- SA302 350 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 298 13
- Bringing money to Uk 305 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 223 4
- Hmrc software 267 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 207 1
- Hosted email exchange 197 5
- Xtuple 526
- Qtac payroll for bureau 358
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 302
- Industrial & Provident Societies 295
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 239
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 217
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 217
- Domain name sale and limited company 185
- CIS schemes 180
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 157