My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 945 46
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 580 13
- Taxi Plate & Car 134 2
- Filing amended tax return 82 1
- Tier One Tribunal 174 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 820 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 116 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 97 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 253 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 143 2
- Another transfer of property 145 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 219 7
- LEL and PAYE registration 113 1
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 189 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 190 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 564 14
- SA316s 229 3
- Swiching tax 553 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 542 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 403 11
- Construction CIS LLP Company 613
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 597
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 389
- Pensions Regulator 358
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 296
- Using the correct forms 271
- RTI - duplicate employee record 265
- SA penalty proposals 259
- Accelerated payment notices 240
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 235