My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 242 5
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 236 4
- Closing my business down 51 3
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 190 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 73 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 578 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,238 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,461 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 181 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 829 33
- VAT flat rate scheme 85 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 283 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 80 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,088 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 404 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 146 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 214 3
- FPS or EPS 162 2
- Continuity of Practice 214 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 141 2
- Moving away from CCH software 952
- QROP pension input amounts 439
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 381
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 356
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 325
- fraud 284
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 256
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 227
- Construction CIS LLP Company 211
- EPS and CIS deductions 198