My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 250 5
- Losses carry forward to self employed 218 3
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 295 4
- FHL - hedge purchase 122 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 537 18
- Fees 494 6
- HMRC Post 597 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 456 8
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 451 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 297 3
- www.pool.adzio 181 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,887 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 293 3
- Transactions with directors 484 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 315 9
- Non VAT invoices 253 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,441 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 284 5
- Form 17 Download 202 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 602 28
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 770
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 421
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 371
- Electric Car 304
- S222 Charge 255
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 218
- IP trans to holding company 198
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 191
- AIA 189
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 185