My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Pattern for CTA 249 5
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 140 3
- PAYE versus Dividends 165 3
- Employee or partner 31 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 190 5
- The Cotter Case 189 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 137 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 150 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 79 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 941 16
- Sole Trader business 156 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 154 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 148 1
- Giving a seminar 687 36
- Tax position on lease extension 181 1
- Boffin of the Year 309 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 226 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 242 4
- Sage Depreciation 88 1
- Non sequitur 258 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,309
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 644
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 427
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 335
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 265
- Alphabet shares 222
- Agent fees to sell business 216
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 210
- Office recharges 171
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 156