My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 335 4
- Charge for tax returns 629 11
- Real time 244 3
- Company Number 10000000 1,073 14
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 398 14
- Reimbursing director travel costs 191 1
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,868 42
- When to top-up pensions? 267 3
- Coming off flat rate VAT 221 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 209 6
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 754 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 826 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 506 10
- Withdrawal of a quote 539 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 276 3
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 268 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 642 15
- Support / ticketing software 349 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 369 3
- Imported goods and VAT 185 1
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 475
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 291
- DTA tie-breaker issue 282
- CGT for NOn UK residents 246
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 222
- Apprenticeship Levy 221
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 214
- Just checking re PSA 199
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 198
- Capital Gains personal representatives 198