My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 127 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,340 377
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 128 4
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 75 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,250 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 485 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 263 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,276 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 111 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 168 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 107 1
- Scottish but not UK 318 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 287 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 263 1
- P11D Query 152 4
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 92 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,327 25
- Company Accounts 441 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 104 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 299 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 429
- National Insurance 331
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 325
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 241
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152