My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Client right to working papers 207 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 514 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 288 4
- Late registration for MOSS 205 4
- Professional Clearance 1,018 24
- Self employed care worker 421 9
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 246 5
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 332 7
- Illegal share transfer 428 5
- Audacity 858 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 149 2
- Company Strike off 1,805 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,088 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 376 3
- Estate admin practicalities 211 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,482 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 313 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,774 31
- Joint owners of rental properties 348 6
- Capital stated on incorporation too low by several orders of magnitude. 331 2
- NHS finance professionals 526
- VAL231 406
- Mother and son property ownership 365
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 353
- Foreign Pension Contribution 329
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 302
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 280
- vat gross profit percentage margins 267
- Incorporated LLP partners, CIS and IR35 262
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 253