My client has started a new venture.
One of the shareholder/directors is USA resident and domiciled
He is to be paid a significant (6 figure) salary on the payroll .
His duties are to be performed outside the UK in developing overseas markets to exploit and networking with suppliers to establish facilities abroad, primarily USA and Canada.
There will be periodic visits to the UK for reporting purposes.
What is the payroll situation, i.e. is he exempt from NI and tax deductions, and if so does he need to apply anywhere for this?
Any help gratefully received
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 333
- Set up a company pension 274
- RTI Fees 256
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 240
- Where's our 10%? 234
- Driving sales growth 204
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 201
- HMRC Enquiry Assessments 200
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 198
- EIS 193
- Regiatration of a Trust 190
- CIS late registration 190
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 182
- Break up basis accounting 174
- Best structure 169
- Property owned privately 164
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 158
- Accounts production software for business SSC 157
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 137
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 136