Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 119 4
- Sorry ignore me 827 23
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 249 6
- Invoice Help 156 4
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 122 1
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 271 6
- Employee overpaid who has left 161 3
- Peer to Peer lending 817 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 73 2
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 201 4
- Is this a scam? 485 6
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 271 6
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 240 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,227 17
- Childcare for clients 179 1
- One off meeting new client 551 9
- Employment allowance (again) :( 176 1
- illegal dividends 347 3
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 203 3
- VAT questions 315 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 618
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 527
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 381
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 290
- Cancelled 278
- Cancelled 241
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 184
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 184
- Probiz 165
- What's the market like for temps? 160