Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- Reversing out RTI 53 3
- Capital Gain? 388 10
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 263 6
- BrightPay 601 18
- Classic cars investment 230 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 192 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 312 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 300 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 258 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 811 21
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 240 2
- H&W company 201 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 172 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 165 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 276 7
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 133 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 799 32
- VAT silly question 2,397 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,087 10
- Federation Accounts 364 10
- Benchmarking 489
- Possible Partnership? 432
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 410
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 409
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 348
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 208
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 206
- Clubs and Taxable Income 194
- Income tax on foreign dividends 189
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 184