Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 260 3
- Cocaine anyone? 119 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,464 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 815 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 445 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 248 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 320 11
- Tax return software for remote working 469 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 531 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 437 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 445 9
- How to purchase business premises? 156 2
- Will I need to resign? 821 10
- Childcare vouchers 174 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 273 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 299 6
- VAT avoidance? 234 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 189 3
- PAYE coding out 194 3
- Follower cases 577 2
- Hive up 471
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 438
- corporate hierarchy 416
- Advice - 249
- Amortisation of Goodwill 220
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 206
- WWOOFers 202
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 188
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 182
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 179