Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- AIA 98 4
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,024 47
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 231 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 238 9
- client can't/won't pay 343 12
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 270 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,173 18
- Help - Capital Allowance 97 5
- 5% penalty on late payment 214 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 173 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 526 26
- HMRC SA software error? 131 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 166 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 259 14
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 181 6
- Treatment of income for sole trader 138 2
- wave software 121 1
- Freelance software consultant 331 5
- Window Comb Binder Cover 122 2
- losses carried forward 378 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 781
- Copy Wanted 498
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 454
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 451
- Latest phishing scam 284
- Entrepreneurs' relief 270
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 265
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 248
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 235
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 231