Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- business entertaining deductibility 236 2
- Flat Rate VAT 144 1
- SA302 382 8
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 489 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 403 8
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 446 5
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 426 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 198 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 205 5
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,523 41
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 151 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 257 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,251 19
- Go Cardless 407 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 360 3
- Mehjoo 357 2
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 206 4
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 305 13
- Bringing money to Uk 318 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 228 4
- Xtuple 527
- Qtac payroll for bureau 359
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 303
- Industrial & Provident Societies 296
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 241
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 222
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 219
- Domain name sale and limited company 186
- CIS schemes 183
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 161