Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- Would this save hours of your time? 206 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 70 1
- non resident receiving UK dividends 164 2
- Underpaid National Insurance 81 1
- Career Advice 134 2
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 49 1
- Wrong career 198 8
- Other forums 93 1
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 208 6
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 97 3
- Agent with HMRC 266 11
- Quarterly PAYE 269 8
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,885 29
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 182 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 565 4
- Newsletter 246 5
- RTI Filing 1,767 22
- Fee's for P11D's 323 5
- reporting salary? 188 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 332 16
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 774
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 528
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 394
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 280
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 221
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 218
- Director Loan account operation 215
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 208
- Free Tax Legislation? 202
- vat return 179