Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- Let Property Campaign 148 2
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 32 1
- What would you do? 319 2
- Taxable income for previous years 349 8
- VAT position on EU supplies/commission 58 1
- Depreciation on purchase of software 132 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 178 3
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,296 16
- App recommendations 321 4
- Defend your local inspector? 616 7
- accountant in Bristol 497 1
- New Company Director PAYE Question 757 20
- Exasperated by HMRC 2,130 19
- How long should one give Aweb … 703 9
- Resident and Non-resident 760 7
- Benefit in Kind - Director loan or not? 160 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 411 16
- Working Hours Calculation - Rounding Hours up/down 137 2
- Self employed Self Assessment 396 2
- Applying for clearance before 5 years share ownership 172 2
- HMRC arbitrarily amending tax returns for higher rate child benefit charge 354
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 343
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 276
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 251
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 251
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 242
- Electric Car 193
- S222 Charge 183
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 171
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 171