Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- Tax relief for networking day out? 405 9
- Mortgage Adviser's request 220 6
- Starting Again 167 4
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 693 35
- P11D Software 767 9
- CGT on spouse's death 149 5
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 190 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 249 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 380 10
- Payroll software 177 4
- Company UTR numbers 295 6
- Summer house for business only 107 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 101 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 565 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 141 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 141 3
- How do you count your clients 407 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 154 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 114 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 471 9
- Construction CIS LLP Company 592
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 580
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 380
- Pensions Regulator 346
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 280
- Government Gateway - VAT 276
- Using the correct forms 262
- SA penalty proposals 245
- RTI - duplicate employee record 238
- Accelerated payment notices 228