Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 461 11
- Client refusing to change basis period 50 1
- Companies House Authentication code 62 1
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 636 15
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 354 4
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 300 13
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,893 63
- Rights of Alphabet shares 332 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 240 3
- Company paying out on guarantee 104 4
- Incorporation and goodwill 280 5
- Industrial & Provident Societies 397 4
- Domain name sale and limited company 272 1
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 275 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,814 14
- Payroll Software Recommendations 271 8
- indexation factors 112 3
- Drector renting room to company 243 5
- Warranties - Fixed Assets - depreciation 95 2
- Property Revaluation - Postings 111 2
- Xtuple 583
- Qtac payroll for bureau 410
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 353
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 226
- Tax on damages received 207
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 164
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 151
- PTP Software 144
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 141