Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- VAT flat rate scheme 133 2
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 359 7
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 166 1
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 224 3
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 615 13
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 238 4
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 340 4
- Closing my business down 125 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 858 34
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 193 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 132 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,251 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,472 21
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 303 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 99 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,111 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 427 6
- FPS or EPS 181 2
- Continuity of Practice 230 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 150 2
- Moving away from CCH software 957
- QROP pension input amounts 443
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 387
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 360
- fraud 288
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 262
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 232
- Construction CIS LLP Company 215
- EPS and CIS deductions 204
- Out of time or not? 185