Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- Boffin of the Year 102 6
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 436 9
- PAYE versus Dividends 96 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 424 9
- equipment rental 58 1
- Giving a seminar 610 32
- Flat Rate Scheme 361 16
- Non sequitur 137 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,183 63
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 568 11
- Employer pension contribution as part of redundancy package 118 3
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 257 9
- Am i Liable? 781 19
- Joint Filing Help 162 3
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 235 8
- audit for 50% associate? 87 2
- Contingent Asset Disclosure 99 5
- Write off of former director's loan 805 12
- HMRC Appeals 125 1
- RTI 339 11
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,278
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 629
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 416
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 325
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 242
- Alphabet shares 212
- Agent fees to sell business 205
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 200
- Office recharges 161
- Tax position on lease extension 155