Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 80 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 105 3
- Any Need to Formally "Sack" Client Company? 455 6
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 323 10
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 528 22
- UK company to be a foreign entity 76 1
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 102 4
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 148 3
- Growing pains 137 1
- Gift to employee 130 2
- Who can I refer leads to? 373 8
- Cash accounting to flat rate scheme 111 4
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 157 1
- new capital structure ltd with investors 308 5
- Can Directors be removed without consequence? 152 2
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 281 4
- Directors/owners taking too much cash... 1,865 17
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 412 12
- Private Healthcare Benefit In Kind 171 4
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 731 9
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 437
- CTA study material 394
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 292
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 252
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 231
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 219
- Slight twist on employment related securities 199
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 163
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 146