Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 132 7
- Audit 432 14
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 365 8
- Tax on free shares 66 3
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 92 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 92 1
- Buying a horse?? 363 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 178 2
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 162 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 722 21
- PITA ex-client 188 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 231 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 344 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 316 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,657 19
- New supplier 126 3
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 821 22
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 244 13
- Scottish Independance 879 24
- Funding Circle experience 77 1
- CTA study material 798
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 490
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 450
- Employment related securities question 316
- AIM Stocks and IHT 303
- Expat pension contributions? 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 273
- Trust for Employee 252
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 217
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 157