Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- Self Assessment penalties again 233 3
- are we that stupid 748 17
- Flat Management Company 153 1
- Share structure questions - close company 120 2
- Roll old capital gain into current one or declare separately? 142 4
- Income prior to company formation 318 9
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 707 12
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 263 5
- Forbes Computer Systems - Practice Management (CRM) 104 1
- Can I sell my own equipment to my business? 489 5
- Practice software 1,396 20
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 353 1
- Company leaving VAT group 159 4
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 602 18
- Staff training 1,540 13
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 276 3
- Goodwill on incorporation 249 2
- Company Strike off 294 10
- Is there a UK CGT base cost on the sale of these shares? 176 1
- Company Limited by Guarantee 269 4
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 327
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 286
- French ConnectionUK 264
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 242
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 215
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 212
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 150
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 146
- Indian Provident Fund 145
- E-mailing customer invoices in VT Transaction+ 139