Here is the situation...
..I took over some business accounts for a client and have been given the breakdown of his director's account which has been divided into sections relevant to the P11d which are clothing, cosmetics, audio and theatre/cinema. The client has a habit of paying for business expenses out of his own money and so these get credited to the director's account however there are transaction that have been entered to the director's account that are also showing on the P11d an example.
DR Balance of £20,655.97
CR of £127.70 for cosmetics - this has been put to the P11d section. However, I know for a fact that this was paid for by the client himself and not the business so therefore it should have never been entered into the director's account and should not be on his P11d - right??
I am sure that I am correct but seeing as this is a reputable accountants firm that have dealt with this previously I am doubting myself.
This is not just the only one there are quite a few, in fact every transaction entered onto the P11d has been paid for by the client personally and not by the business.
Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I only have until Friday to get this sorted!
P.s he hasn't received any payment from the business for these items.
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,586 283
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 139 2
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 209 10
- Standard 'email' template system 869 14
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 450 9
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,020 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 211 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 78 1
- Circular shareholding 223 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 182 6
- business card address 289 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 210 2
- Declined for business bank account 207 4
- Loan to a related company 96 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 652 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 329 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 254 8
- property rental income split 121 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 133 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 104 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,112
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 365
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 239
- Payments on account coded out?? 228
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 220
- Non Resident 186
- Franchise income and costs 175
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 173