Is a P11D mandatory even if there are no benefits to report?
I have a client that submitted a P11d showing a benefit in kind by mistake. I spoke to HMRC and had the benefit taken out and thought nothing more of it. However, the client has been in touch to say they have now received late filing penalties going back 2 years for the last 2 P11D returns 09/10 & 10/11. Is there anything that can be done? There were no benefits to declare in either year.
Thanks in advance to all who can assist.
- Running two businesses from the same premises 393 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 57 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,355 42
- How much of your work is admin? 617 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 95 1
- Nominal Ledger 382 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 556 20
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 192 2
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 185 2
- Old CGT loss 204 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 162 3
- Paper tax return 152 4
- Start up allowance? 371 12
- Will I need to resign? 169 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 245 3
- AIA or IFA 452 7
- Surely not? 455 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 639 9
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 358 7
- Late Registration for VAT 361 11