Is a P11D mandatory even if there are no benefits to report?
I have a client that submitted a P11d showing a benefit in kind by mistake. I spoke to HMRC and had the benefit taken out and thought nothing more of it. However, the client has been in touch to say they have now received late filing penalties going back 2 years for the last 2 P11D returns 09/10 & 10/11. Is there anything that can be done? There were no benefits to declare in either year.
Thanks in advance to all who can assist.
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 29 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 38 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 136 1
- How to deal with prior year error 105 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 500 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,311 33
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,053 19
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,022 20
- Tax Calculations 648 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 373 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 575 24
- Exemption from CGT 202 2
- VAT Registration 211 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 458 14
- Autumn statement predictions 405 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 295 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 168 3
- Moneysoft error 422 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 643 26
- New client wants to submit tax returns from 06/07 to date, how many years can actually be submitted? 461 3