P11d - payments on employers behalf
I'm having a look at some P11d forms and reviewing the HMRC guidence.
Can anyone please point me to the HMRC literature that clarifies what the position is when an employee purchases something for the business on his own personal credit card and is then reimbursed. For example the employee uses his credit card to buy some stationery for £100 and the company then reimburse him.
The HMRC manual 480(2011) Expenses and benefits says on page 11:
Purchases on employer’s behalf
Businesses are often run in such a way that employees make payments on their employer’s behalf.
For example, an employee may buy stamps, stationery and items of equipment for the employer
and be reimbursed the costs incurred from petty cash or by cheque. Such transactions are not
providing the employee with either earnings or expenses because the employee has received no
money of his own. Accordingly such reimbursements do not feature on the P11D.
However I am aware that where these purchases have been made on the employee's credit card (rather than cash or cheque) that they have been reported as expenses with claims then made by the employee for job related expenses. Is this right?
I also believe that travel, subsistence and accommodation have to be reported and are not covered by the paragraph above - is that correct?
I am aware that dispensations can be applied for.
- Starting up in practice - safety net 177 5
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 348 9
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 101 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 334 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 227 4
- Rental property company 111 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 320 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 263 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 387 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 162 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 201 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 148 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 501 5
- Director's tax return 401 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 189 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,141 34
- Flat rate vat 246 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 197 5
- Coming in from the cold 400 3
- Splitting the tax year 197 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 822
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 572
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 439
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 320
- Free Tax Legislation? 294
- Director Loan account operation 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 263
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 260
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 239
- Paye procedures for CVA 180