P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- Just for fun. 848 29
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 144 3
- Excel Instances 68 2
- Does the AR01 reflect the actual money invested in a company 92 6
- How to pay national insurance 539 17
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,731 13
- Spam blocking 479 28
- Has auto-enrolment tipped the scales? 172 2
- Are solicitors worth the money? 1,339 13
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 210 8
- A little silliness 278 3
- Is interest still due? 63 1
- AccountingWeb is unworkable 341 2
- Ex-gratia payments 284 6
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 127 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 359 6
- HMRC & daft penalty 623 6
- TOMS - the other side of the fence 140 2
- &^$%ing Mollom? 243 2
- Employment status 283 4
- Theatre Tax Relief 493
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 383
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 374
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 349
- Perkbox 315
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 310
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 274
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 272
- Document Management Systems 253
- WIP Software 240