P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- Employers NI allowance 335 4
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 349 3
- iris update 11.9.2 428 7
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 123 1
- HMRC Discovery powers 214 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 629 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 145 2
- Paying Son 437 15
- Which time limits apply? 379 4
- Client Paperwork Retention? 385 10
- Exclusion from VAT Registration 167 4
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 294 3
- Just checking re PSA 248 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 327 4
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 1,526 7
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,553 19
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 333 2
- Friday Question 600 7
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 438 8
- Independent Examination work programme 172 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 495
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- CGT for NOn UK residents 265
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 258
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 246
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 232
- Apprenticeship Levy 229
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 220
- Capital Gains personal representatives 207
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 194