P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- any implications of this type of transaction 22 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,675 28
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 93 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 267 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,026 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 258 7
- Sage data 98 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 419 9
- Limited company buying a car 357 6
- Funding Circle experience 141 3
- Excel query 106 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,286 13
- Payment on account penalties 116 3
- Tax on free shares 131 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 205 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 124 1
- Audit 488 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 125 3
- Buying a horse?? 428 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 193 2
- CTA study material 804
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 494
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 460
- Employment related securities question 321
- AIM Stocks and IHT 308
- Expat pension contributions? 281
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 278
- Trust for Employee 256
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 231
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 160