P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- Amortisation of Goodwill 235 1
- You know its over 71 2
- Cocaine anyone? 367 7
- TaxCalc Accounts production 371 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 369 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 612 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 495 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 512 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 32 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 88 7
- Personal pension 379 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 206 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,187 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 876 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 90 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,498 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 302 4
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 274 1
- Tax return software for remote working 503 4
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 469 9
- Hive up 479
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 442
- corporate hierarchy 420
- Advice - 257
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 215
- WWOOFers 208
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 197
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 186
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 161
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 161