P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- cancellation of Engagement 263 5
- Feuding directors 325 9
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 253 7
- Foreign branch in SME 118 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,259 21
- Fastest Software 688 11
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 140 1
- Where did it go? 316 2
- Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme Charges 101 1
- VAT Registration for Building Company 123 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 520 12
- Vat threshold issues 1,915 14
- Company Accounts - Limited company 616 5
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 258 4
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 125 1
- Benefit fraud 3,439 49
- SA Tax Returns 186 3
- Agent Change of Postal Address 174 2
- Consolidated accounts 148 2
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 1,040 24
- CTA study material 654
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 397
- Employment related securities question 250
- ATED Penalties 223
- AIM Stocks and IHT 204
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 174
- Trust for Employee 159
- Expat pension contributions? 152
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 136
- Capital allowances 131