P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- Accountancy Career 326 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,698 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 92 1
- Accounts Software 155 5
- HMRC Agents Line 212 4
- calculation DTR restriction 90 1
- Company Director In Prison 460 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 84 1
- AWeb - download file 179 3
- Charity work 247 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 264 6
- Director Drawings 182 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 273 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 238 7
- Collection or business assets 117 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 275 8
- Tax position re this lease? 372 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 732 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 109 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,677 70
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 681
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 521
- Cancelled 428
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203