P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- What does PITA mean? 94 4
- Ultimate Controlling Party Disclosure Questions 195 5
- Help required please 277 5
- RSU and double taxation 138 1
- CGT base cost 217 7
- Help - ACCA uk practicing certification forms 145 2
- Can i really not unreconcile a vat return in sage? 56 1
- Assets transferred at cost 203 5
- currency exchange rates across FY 69 1
- A little bit of politics 365 4
- You know you're an accountant when... 1,298 39
- Online behaviour and Aweb 729 7
- Filling in my self assessment 469 7
- HP agreement in directors name 417 8
- Where has Portia gone? 8,719 142
- Mileage claim restriction 310 2
- Are We Charging Too Much? 950 25
- How do I tackle fraudulent use of a clients SA tax return? 503 5
- Share buyback, possible embezzlement 388 8
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 774 13
- Sanzar 447
- Skype treating businesses as private consumers; no VAT invoices 402
- Digital marketing focus group 368
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 319
- Continuity Agreement 286
- career 284
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 262
- Buyback 259
- Sainsbury's mangement 246
- Avanti Accounts 230