P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 191 5
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,032 20
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 84 2
- Charity donations 926 20
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,147 37
- Sole trader hid directorships. 190 2
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 295 12
- VAT on finance leases 160 3
- More HMRC on gov.uk 531 10
- CONVERSAION OF DIRECTOR LOAN INTO EQUITY 256 6
- Second Incomes Campaign 211 3
- Goods Purchased for Rental 683 34
- Professional Clearance 1,590 24
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 299 4
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 450 6
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 416 11
- Interflora florist 244 3
- Friendly Pensions 270 1
- Online Timesheet Facility 125 1
- Company Reorganisation 323 4
- NOVA 500
- Bonus Bonds 385
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 368
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 281
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 248
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 173
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 161
- Finance Lease 152
- Company Car Lease 151
- Form 42 140