P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 828 8
- capital gains on PPR 252 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 370 14
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,817 443
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 214 4
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 188 7
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 187 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,300 62
- Company expansion 106 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 383 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 502 15
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 526 8
- 100% Xero practice 2,482 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 263 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 196 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 177 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 301 9
- PRR 374 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 416 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 325 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 480
- National Insurance 373
- Non Resident 298
- Franchise income and costs 264
- Hands on experience of Digita 215
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 168
- employment capital allowances 165
- CIS paid under reg 9 158