P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- Buying a business premises in a pension 178 3
- Unilateral Relief - How to calculate UK tax paid 173 2
- Tax efficient vehicle 471 9
- Going through security 256 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 462 17
- Dividend Tax Petition 301 3
- Sage VAT return reports difference post reconciliation 226 1
- Bank reconciliation 262 8
- Practice software 659 14
- Financial Forecasting software recommendations please 334 3
- Sage Accounts in a mess 269 5
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 158 2
- Business only use of company car 212 5
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 245 7
- Goodwill on incorporation 503 17
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 355 10
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 198 2
- Retail business software/accounting system 138 2
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 200 9
- Certificate of Tax Deposit and APN's 111 1
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 241
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 225
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 212
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 199
- Web site and client access area advice 182
- Expenses Software 179
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 169
- CTA Material 162
- Any thoughts on Capium? 161
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 160