P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,217 49
- Irish Taxation 162 6
- Employee becoming shareholder - can salary be reduced with compensating dividends? 16 1
- Incorporation and goodwill 93 2
- dividend 200 11
- Fee protection 939 18
- overdrawn directors loan 252 5
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 195 3
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 264 4
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 96 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 444 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 134 3
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 149 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 259 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 198 3
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 330 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 521 6
- Drector renting room to company 115 1
- Off site storage 169 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 607 6
- Xtuple 568
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 344
- Domain name sale and limited company 235
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 214
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 212
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 212
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 183
- Tax on damages received 183
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152