P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 136 5
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 328 7
- Enforcing A CCJ 313 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 154 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 275 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 110 2
- Director's tax return 364 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 168 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,097 34
- Flat rate vat 193 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 182 5
- Coming in from the cold 351 3
- Splitting the tax year 170 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 207 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 175 4
- Submitting tax return 190 1
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 266 8
- Sage Payroll 320 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 212 6
- vat return 272 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 807
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 308
- Free Tax Legislation? 275
- Director Loan account operation 260
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 249
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170