P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 183 7
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 242 10
- Corporation Tax DTR 916 9
- PAYE NI 186 4
- Client information from previous accountant 219 4
- Subcontracting accountancy work 71 1
- break even point 1,032 31
- Tasbook email configuration 211 3
- Unpaid Fee's 415 7
- VAT flat rate scheme 214 3
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 292 8
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 245 4
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 127 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 404 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 231 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,690 31
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 161 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 840 14
- How much to charge? 719 10
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 202 5
- Possible Partnership? 519
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 499
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 470
- New Fangled Penalties 314
- Clubs and Taxable Income 264
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 261
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 256
- Loans to other companies 198
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 173
- English Company Owning Property in Scotland 163