P14 filing without prior P46?
Small company, director paid out small amounts of money during the year, ends the tax year a few £100 short of the Lower Earnings Limit in actual payments.
Q1: Can the extra few £100 be credited to the director's loan account to hit LEL? Accounts for March are not yet drawn up, so could be put in for last date of March.
Q2: Has anyone ever been in the situation where they submitted a P14 for an employee without a prior P46 being submitted? E.g., because, as in the situation above, the director hit the LEL in the very last day of the tax year either by actual payment or credit to the DLA? I spoke to HMRC, who said that they "preferred" that the P46 would have been submitted prior to the P14, but they didn't say it was compulsory, or what would happen if a P14 arrived without a prior P46.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 162 3
- FPS or EPS 25 1
- What do you all do in your spare time? 746 31
- Personal allowance 650 15
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 147 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 1,900 16
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 107 2
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 421 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,105 1
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 288 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 379 10
- VAT on employee loan 299 5
- Taking over from an on-line accounting firm. Any ideas? 956 18
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 157 2
- Accountants website 393 5
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 174 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 486 8
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 108 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 123 1
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,417 20
- Moving away from CCH software 940
- QROP pension input amounts 433
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 375
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 348
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 314
- fraud 273
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 243
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 215
- Construction CIS LLP Company 200
- EPS and CIS deductions 188