P46 Car query
I have a client who left a previous employment where they had a company car. Previous employer presumably submitted a P45 online and shortly afterwards client received a new PAYE coding notice, for some reason it assumed that the client still had a company car and medical insurance (even though the letter acknowledged that they were 'between jobs'). In the meantime I submitted a P46 for their new employment in their NewCo assuming that HMRC would then provide a new adjusted PAYE coding notice that excluded any car benefit, as they don't have a company car in the new business.
No new PAYE coding notice has been received.
A few questions:
1. When client left previous employment, should the ex-employer have submitted a P46 Car informing HMRC that the car had been withdrawn?
2. Is it normal for HMRC to assume that the employee takes a company car with them or will have a similar company car at their new job?
3. Whats the best way to rectify this? Moneysoft Payroll does not allow me to submit a P46 Car for a vehicle owned in a previous employment, and the form seems to be designed to be completed by the previous employer, not new employer.
Is it just a case of picking up the phone to HMRC to get this rectified? In the meantime the client will suffer tax deducted as a result of someone else's fault (albeit they will get it refunded one day).
- Adding shop sales to sage 30 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 260 9
- self assessment repayment requesto 543 11
- What does the "K" signify 19 1
- Capital Gains Relief 189 7
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 117 2
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 992 42
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 676 26
- Tax on devidend in my company who is employee in other company 104 3
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 216 4
- HMRC SA302s 49 1
- Amend tax return? 90 1
- Investment from Friend 208 10
- Receipt bank 359 8
- Trading lossess & non trading co & investment income 69 1
- Do we have to register for VAT? 503 10
- Self Assessment and P11D 178 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 353 4
- Company dividends 554 15
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,211 15
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 882
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 585
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 546
- Latest phishing scam 481
- Entrepreneurs' relief 429
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 353
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 327
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 251
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 251
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 175