Paperless... or not?
I have just started using Xero and I notice that it has the facility to attach scanned copies of invoices - I just wondered if anyone knows if scanned/electronic copies of invoices are acceptable to HMRC nowadays?
Does anyone run a paperless office and know if this is true or not?
Also, can anyone recommend a good scanner and/or software?
Any advice, as always, much appreciated!
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,969 45
- Love is in the air 195 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,663 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 239 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 363 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 392 5
- Client Paperwork Retention? 491 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 144 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 516 1
- Paying Son 638 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 341 7
- HMRC accounting 275 3
- Employers NI allowance 452 6
- Dividend taxation 273 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 184 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 183 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 166 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 448 4
- iris update 11.9.2 453 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 280 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 275
- CGT for NOn UK residents 273
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 262
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 245
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 233
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 208
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 187