Paperless... or not?
I have just started using Xero and I notice that it has the facility to attach scanned copies of invoices - I just wondered if anyone knows if scanned/electronic copies of invoices are acceptable to HMRC nowadays?
Does anyone run a paperless office and know if this is true or not?
Also, can anyone recommend a good scanner and/or software?
Any advice, as always, much appreciated!
- Capital Gain? 409 11
- IHT Query 67 2
- Reversing out RTI 118 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 297 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 847 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 302 8
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 271 6
- BrightPay 614 18
- Classic cars investment 243 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 235 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 324 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 349 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 273 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 273 2
- H&W company 253 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 210 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 174 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 192 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 811 32
- VAT silly question 2,417 56
- Benchmarking 497
- Possible Partnership? 441
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 415
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 415
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 361
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 216
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 212
- Clubs and Taxable Income 204
- Income tax on foreign dividends 195
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 189