Partial Dividend Waivers
I've always been taught that if you waive a dividend, you waive full entitlement to that dividend.
For example: 2 shareholders, £50,000 dividend proposed. 1 shareholder takes full entitlement, £25,000. The other shareholder only wants to take £10,000. Can he put a partial waiver in place for the remaining £15,000.
I've just been told it is legal to do this and HMRC would have no query but I dont agree.
Has anyone else ever prepared/signed a partial dividend like this?
- Xerocon 2016 1,056 27
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,197 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 269 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 296 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 622 12
- Personal Tax 528 11
- USA Tax Query 199 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,675 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 952 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 323 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 611 18
- Corrupt Excel File 677 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 358 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,987 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 291 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 427 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 193 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 375 4
- last minute request 537 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,262 46