Partial gifting of a rental property | AccountingWEB

Partial gifting of a rental property

 Would HMRC raise any objections to a husband and wife donating a part share each year of a rental property  they own to a different one of their 3 adult children? e.g. Year 1 - 1/3 share to the eldest; Year 2 - 1/3 share to the middle one, Year 3 - 1/3 share to the youngest. 

The reason for doing so would be to utilise 3 years' Annual Exemptions for Capital Gains Tax for the husband and wife.

There are 4 comments. Login or register to view them.

Hello? Anyone? Some helpful

Micawber |

What I love about this forum

Micawber |

Don't know where this is posted..

MJShone |

Thanks for that - helpful and

Micawber |