Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Unusual marketing ideas for accountants 574 3
- Inflation and fees 992 14
- Do we have to honour her notice? 521 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,256 21
- SSAS Pension scheme 82 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 85 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 270 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 561 13
- Do I need to see receipts ? 747 11
- ICPA 498 8
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 296 3
- Physiotherapy 76 1
- Changing shareholding ratio 132 3
- Community Interest Company 74 1
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 123 1
- SA1 forms 369 12
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 147 5
- Goodwill Entrepreneurs Relief 145 1
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 156 5
- VAT on services to EC customer 180 3
- Sainsbury's mangement 826
- Avanti Accounts 674
- Have I done the right thing? 654
- Calling franchise accountants 635
- Continuity Agreement 627
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 485
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 326
- Advice please! 233
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 221