Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- PRR 216 12
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 186 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,088 55
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 150 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 77 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,461 424
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 259 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 286 4
- corp tax software 343 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 437 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 460 7
- Which tax box 182 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 108 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 228 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 204 6
- References for clients 197 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 145 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 113 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 315 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 142 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,296
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 462
- National Insurance 359
- Non Resident 277
- Franchise income and costs 254
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 168
- Employer's Helpline 158
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 140