Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 37 1
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 394 16
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 23 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 20 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 463 15
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 124 5
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 727 11
- Sports Sponsorship 69 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 206 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 202 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 141 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,280 14
- Best software for small practice? 572 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,247 21
- HMRC Enquiry 453 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 178 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 283 4
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,444 16
- Long/Short Period of Account 181 3
- Another HMRC Cock Up 777 7
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 763
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 452
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 222
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 190
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181