Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Client Death 509 9
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 149 4
- Furniture Rental Business 31 1
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 335 2
- Are Bursaries Taxable 62 2
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 307 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 129 3
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 388 5
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,915 38
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 949 15
- Unallocated client money 163 5
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 329 5
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 127 2
- Extracting funds from a failing Company 189 6
- Expenses Apps 133 1
- Tick & Bash Bristol 537 8
- CG34 Post Transaction Valuation, CGT and Entrepreneurs Relief 159 7
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 137 2
- Can anyone recommend an EPOS system for a newsagents 204 2
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 158 5
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 597
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 472
- Sorry ignore me 368
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 275
- Cancelled 235
- Cancelled 202
- Bartercard 167
- C79 Discrepancy 163
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 152