Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 30 1
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 272 22
- Hobby Horse 798 8
- Non resident income. 452 20
- What sectors to target? 616 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 262 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 193 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,945 41
- Self assesment online 997 11
- Why do I do this every year 420 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 307 5
- closing limited company 189 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 108 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 527 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 257 9
- IHT and US resident 75 1
- Limited Companies Merger 215 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 145 1
- Practice management 389 7
- IHT and cash gifts 257 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 936
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 653
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 604
- Latest phishing scam 581
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 420
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 316
- Scratch Head 243
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 238
- Sabbatical payments 201
- Negligible Value Claim 178