Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 176 3
- Late RTI filing re SMP 106 3
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 161 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 98 6
- Additional information attached to accounts 190 2
- CIS Software 119 1
- Company assets 366 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 224 6
- MoneySoft 172 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 81 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 662 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 146 2
- Self assessment 154 1
- Claiming VAT 135 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,126 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 176 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 278 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 274 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 156 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 513 9
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 504
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 479
- Is there anything wrong with this? 281
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 267
- Uncommercial property business 245
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 204
- Registering online CWF1 184
- VAT - registration needed? 181
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 180
- Accrued income scheme 180