Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- inflation rate year on year 171 4
- Accounts Question 121 5
- Deleted question? 744 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,185 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,951 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 714 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,404 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,931 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 661 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 451 4
- VAT Return Errors 190 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 138 5
- Yorkshire Day 612 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 195 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 188 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 383 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 152 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 298 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 239 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 156 1
- Cancelled 471
- Cancelled 388
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 379
- Probiz 358
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 263
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 237
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 232
- More spam 184
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 153