Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- What do you all do in your spare time? 743 31
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 153 2
- Personal allowance 650 15
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 147 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 1,893 16
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 102 2
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 419 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,105 1
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 285 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 379 10
- VAT on employee loan 298 5
- Taking over from an on-line accounting firm. Any ideas? 952 18
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 153 2
- Accountants website 392 5
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 174 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 483 8
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 107 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 123 1
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,412 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 228 5
- Moving away from CCH software 940
- QROP pension input amounts 431
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 375
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 346
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 313
- fraud 273
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 243
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 215
- Construction CIS LLP Company 200
- EPS and CIS deductions 188