Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 283 8
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 38 1
- payroll software 446 8
- Cash basis 583 16
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 213 9
- Fee base v staff ratio 495 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 250 13
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 68 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 258 3
- Statutory sick pay 359 5
- client threatening legal action 2,167 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 153 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 213 1
- Instant CPD offer 323 3
- Income from rent charged to business 197 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 467 5
- Dividend in specie 387 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 195 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 156 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 288 1
- Skandia using wrong address 586
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 315
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 313
- Employee rewards 295
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 264
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 234
- Etax Australian 194
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 137
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135