Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- are we that stupid 928 21
- rental property, pre letting costs 114 1
- Looking to move my email from PC to cloud 108 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 736 13
- letter of reference 177 3
- Software for Accounts layout 364 7
- Non-resident company director 80 1
- Can this be done? 174 1
- Staff 87 2
- Capital Allowance & AIA 104 1
- Foster Care 109 1
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 345 5
- Flexible report structure in cloud accounting 95 1
- Self Assessment penalties again 298 3
- Flat Management Company 207 1
- Share structure questions - close company 187 2
- Roll old capital gain into current one or declare separately? 176 4
- Income prior to company formation 341 9
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 341 5
- Forbes Computer Systems - Practice Management (CRM) 137 1
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 330
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 287
- French ConnectionUK 267
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 250
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 217
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 217
- CentreCRM - anybody using it? 159
- E-mailing customer invoices in VT Transaction+ 152
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 152
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 148