Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Property Expenses 162 5
- Generic notification message 231 5
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 769 38
- Swiching tax 470 14
- Accrued salary unpaid 221 4
- Mortgage Adviser's request 309 7
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,147 18
- Basis periods 50 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 70 2
- CGT on spouse's death 285 11
- Tax relief for networking day out? 470 12
- VAT on non-denominated postage 72 2
- Starting Again 287 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 647 19
- CT101 Completion 135 1
- Non resident pension withdrawal 149 2
- P11D Software 782 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 205 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 274 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 396 10
- Construction CIS LLP Company 597
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 583
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 382
- Pensions Regulator 349
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 285
- Using the correct forms 263
- SA penalty proposals 252
- RTI - duplicate employee record 245
- Accelerated payment notices 230
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 221