Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 754 5
- See you all on the other side 769 6
- 12Pay 543 2
- dividends 753 2
- R&D 366 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,229 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 481 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 482 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 436 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 582 5
- Seeking a tax case 692 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 554 4
- Companies house strike off 666 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 495 2
- Moving to the cloud 789 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 230 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 950 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 235 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,123 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 542 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 578
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 432
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 381
- IRIS and FRS 102 369
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 356
- Marginal rates of tax 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 348
- Class 2 NI 337
- USA help 329
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 313