Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Childcare vouchers 351 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 39 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 54 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 46 1
- two business from one premises 173 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 38 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 239 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 389 9
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 318 4
- Merry Christmas 101 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 77 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,075 12
- Anyone else still working this week? 414 13
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,425 9
- Using home as clients registered address 148 3
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 539 12
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 114 2
- How much does the company pay 721 30
- AIA 292 18
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 183 5
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 506
- corporate hierarchy 470
- Advice - 325
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 274
- WWOOFers 265
- The booking.com con 247
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 243
- Cocaine anyone? 230
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 218
- UK State pension paid in NZ 177