Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Can I use the approved mileage rates in a Limited Company? 48 2
- Preparing a consolidated TB 248 6
- Companies House 322 6
- Medical benefit on low paid wife of director? 75 4
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 227 7
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 215 6
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 226 8
- Gross Profit Percentage 402 9
- Self employment trap - pension 420 5
- Awkward IP 685 10
- Prepare for Chaos 468 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,712 69
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 204 3
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,674 29
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 606 14
- Payroll Operation post Trading Cessation 110 1
- When does my Property business start 308 5
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 914 20
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 241 10
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 183 1
- CTA study material 610
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 374
- Employment related securities question 230
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 204
- ATED Penalties 197
- AIM Stocks and IHT 180
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 141
- Expat pension contributions? 136
- Trust for Employee 129
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 121