Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- VAT Registration 313 16
- Singaporean Tax Adviser 15 1
- Valuation of PET on death 198 6
- Accomodation charge for Publican 86 1
- Auto enrolment 834 10
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 230 4
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 403 17
- Vat on second hand goods 159 2
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 118 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 618 17
- Easy way to not pay tax 663 17
- another ir35!!!! 822 3
- Entrepreneur's relief and LLPs 163 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 1,935 39
- Pre- trading Expenses 223 3
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 258 4
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 139 2
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 252 1
- BTL property with a plot of land at the back 203 2
- Joint rental income 234 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,509
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 836
- International interest certificate 454
- NOVA 308
- Bonus Bonds 191
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 187
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 185
- Management expenses for investment company 183
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 171
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 164