Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 971 11
- tax credits 74 5
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 117 5
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 470 19
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 151 6
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 549 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 246 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 91 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 172 3
- Foreign income for self employed 109 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 607 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 56 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 484 10
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 193 1
- EC VAT 223 10
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 217 7
- Musician deductible expenses 99 1
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 103 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 283 8
- Flat rate vat error 346 7
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 852
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 512
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 323
- How to format a stock book 297
- Tax efficient holding company structure 237
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 232
- Investment property company accounts template 221
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 215
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 183
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 154