Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 182 4
- Value pricing 649 21
- Director's tax return 215 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 126 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 252 7
- Would this save hours of your time? 393 9
- Wrong career 440 18
- Laptop purchase 1,370 20
- PTP software disaster 242 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 166 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 214 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 94 2
- Tricky VAT question 164 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 107 2
- VT accounts licence key 252 5
- Weely paid employees 217 2
- Splitting the tax year 92 1
- FPS Submission 147 2
- non resident receiving UK dividends 210 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 140 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 792
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 546
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 412
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 292
- Free Tax Legislation? 259
- Director Loan account operation 239
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159