Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 374 6
- Benefit in Kind 162 7
- SDLT 279 8
- Windows 10 anyone? 181 4
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 106 1
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 263 2
- Dutch Accountant 412 1
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 101 1
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 328 9
- FACTA form help with CRS definitions for SSAS 193 4
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 800 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,610 34
- Restricted interest relief 123 2
- Disengagement Help! 572 15
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 884 16
- Renewals on property rental business 94 1
- Not a question - just a POI 216 3
- MVL 97 2
- Bankstream 1,067 24
- Xerocon 2016 592 11