Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- SA302 181 3
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 102 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,045 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 253 2
- Dental practice incorpration 113 1
- Audit rules 154 4
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 228 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 819 20
- Go Cardless 266 8
- business entertaining deductibility 127 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 144 2
- R & D 104 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 80 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 111 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 163 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 154 1
- New Business Registration 216 5
- Hosted email exchange 135 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 151 1
- G P life time allowance 122 3
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 281
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Mehjoo 221
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 218
- New strategic report 171
- Domain name sale and limited company 159
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 151