Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- tax credits 83 2
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 252 9
- Legitimate Expectation 101 2
- What do do about VAT? 406 14
- Payroll got out of synch 329 10
- Holding company - accounts and tax return 74 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,062 23
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 131 2
- Claiming the expenses of Scooby 153 2
- Client right to working papers 1,201 8
- Stamp duty or SDLT payable on admission to a partnership? 163 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 840 18
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 247 6
- Accounts Package 584 14
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 638 7
- Share issue and transfer 105 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 626 7
- Old payroll 231 5
- HMRC Debt collectors 308 4
- Special Puprose Vehicle (SPV) company 185 4
- NHS finance professionals 589
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 361
- vat gross profit percentage margins 332
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 321
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 302
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 264
- Thinning income 262
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 219
- IFA income recognition & reporting 198