Partnership and property
A partnership acquires a property (Dec 08).
Two years later, the partnership incorporates. The property is retained by the partners, who charge the limited company a rent. The VAT number is transferred to the limited company.
Two years later, the business is wound up, and the property is now being sold.
It has come to light that there was an option to tax on the property, and input VAT was claimed when it was purchased.
- no VAT has been charged on the rents
- the legal owners of the property are not VAT registered
What options are there to unravel this?
Thank you for any help.
- Payment plans for clients 248 3
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 394 11
- CT600 226 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 297 16
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 24 1
- Lease 95 4
- Free invoicing software 479 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 43 1
- Digita Hosted Software 388 4
- signature required 849 31
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,270 21
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 152 5
- Thin Client recomendation 200 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 178 5
- VAT Office Grimsby 140 2
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 106 2
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 120 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,282 15
- Homing sandwiches 846 19
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 242 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,296
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 848
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 538
- Credit where credit's due....... 332
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 251
- TheTax Donut 218
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 179
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 167
- Director's business mileage 142
- Sole trader CPD 142