Partnership - late registration
I have taken on a new partnership client in the last week. The partners have registered as self employed, but not the partnership.
Consequently the partnership has not been issed with a UTR.
Because of this not only can I not file a partnership tax return but I suspect that I won't be able to file the individuals returns without the partnership number. The period during 2010-11 was very short and probably loss making so I was planning to file the tax returns for the individuals without partnership pages but with a note in the white space saying we are awaiting the partnership reference.
Presumably when the partnership return is issued I will have three months to file it. I will then be able to amend the individual partners returns.
Will following this course of action avoid penalties?
- Foreign income for self employed 143 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 682 20
- tax credits 155 6
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 259 9
- LLP - Member leaving 150 6
- what time is it ? 95 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 263 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,063 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 229 4
- Year end 164 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 578 21
- How would you account for warranty? 162 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 405 22
- Sweet Tooth 192 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 181 2
- trading or dormant 121 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 132 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 573 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 277 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 124 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 880
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 519
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 332
- How to format a stock book 313
- Tax efficient holding company structure 246
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 243
- Investment property company accounts template 227
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 220
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 168