Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 702 10
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 458 10
- Real time 186 2
- Withdrawal of a quote 370 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 245 3
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 205 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 199 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 599 15
- When to top-up pensions? 156 2
- Support / ticketing software 325 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 323 3
- Imported goods and VAT 130 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 434 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 589 11
- Stamp Duty 170 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,862 22
- Company Number 10000000 991 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 366 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 227 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 477 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 798
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 469
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 287
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 242
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 218
- Apprenticeship Levy 216
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 209
- Just checking re PSA 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 189