Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- Tax on free shares 25 1
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 85 6
- Buying a horse?? 327 11
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 302 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,635 19
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 218 5
- New supplier 107 3
- PITA ex-client 125 8
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 325 8
- Audit 400 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 817 22
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 72 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 229 13
- Scottish Independance 870 24
- Funding Circle experience 61 1
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 698 20
- Awkward IP 1,495 16
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 54 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,140 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 981 11
- CTA study material 795
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 489
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 444
- Employment related securities question 316
- AIM Stocks and IHT 294
- Expat pension contributions? 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 272
- Trust for Employee 252
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 215
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 155