Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 366 12
- Obtaining old payslips & correcting historic tax overpayment 26 2
- Non resident income. 200 11
- Use of home deduction 407 13
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 299 5
- Software 208 4
- Director payroll - prorated NI? 174 5
- SA800 Returns 213 4
- state pension statement 713 9
- Allocation of internal division of work - manger level 248 10
- VAT on EU supplies 36 1
- VAT on purchse from EU supplier but goods were sent outside of EU from supplier 90 1
- Terminal Trade Loss Relief 147 4
- VAT on Vocational Training Courses supplied to a Charity Org? 85 1
- Goodwill adjustment 181 5
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 374 22
- Company dividends 324 9
- Broadband costs 157 1
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 109 1
- is PMI for directors and families 134 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 846
- Copy Wanted 587
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 529
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 505
- Latest phishing scam 385
- Entrepreneurs' relief 364
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 318
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 304
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 293
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 205