Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 211 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,208 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 337 6
- Go Cardless 367 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 304 3
- Mehjoo 321 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 106 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 361 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 187 4
- SA302 327 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 289 13
- Bringing money to Uk 285 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 213 4
- Hmrc software 249 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 171 1
- Hosted email exchange 187 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 375 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 325 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 253 7
- Xtuple 515
- Qtac payroll for bureau 355
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 298
- Industrial & Provident Societies 292
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 233
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 206
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 203
- Domain name sale and limited company 178
- CIS schemes 175
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 151