Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 139 6
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 53 1
- Retrospective VAT Query 66 1
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 105 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 264 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 806 9
- Tips on meals 544 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,318 15
- S.455 Tax again 437 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 152 3
- Closing down loss-making company 786 15
- Stumped - IHT 603 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 136 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 491 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 399 14
- co-operatives & Societies 119 1
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,227 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,485 40
- Website Content 474 6
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 208 3