Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 907 44
- Tier One Tribunal 110 7
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 808 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 112 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 75 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 246 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 131 2
- Another transfer of property 124 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 209 7
- Taxi Plate & Car 105 1
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 565 11
- LEL and PAYE registration 99 1
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 171 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 180 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 557 14
- SA316s 222 3
- Swiching tax 545 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 534 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 396 11
- Start-up cost recognition 133 1
- Construction CIS LLP Company 612
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 595
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 389
- Pensions Regulator 357
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 294
- Using the correct forms 268
- RTI - duplicate employee record 264
- SA penalty proposals 258
- Accelerated payment notices 238
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 235