Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 164 5
- How to explain this to someone 320 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 57 2
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 297 3
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 44 2
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 695 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 276 4
- Old CGT loss 342 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 287 2
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 169 6
- Start up allowance? 483 13
- New Starter Checklist 339 9
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 451 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 834 22
- Goodwill complications 357 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 619 21
- HMRC Distraint 260 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 218 2
- Will I need to resign? 716 9
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 149 3
- TheTax Donut 1,075
- Follower cases 513
- Hive up 447
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 417
- corporate hierarchy 406
- LIVE chat, starting now 390
- Advice - 225
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 198
- Amortisation of Goodwill 195
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 183