Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 285 5
- US Sales Tax 99 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 353 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 186 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 63 1
- Group Relief 112 4
- R&D Credits 88 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 219 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 81 2
- Clients 661 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 231 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 110 3
- Starting new accounting business 258 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 450 10
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 77 1
- Sage Payroll 90 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 103 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 423 8
- Tolley UK sales number 209 7
- Intermediaries reporting - who does it apply to? 119 2
- QROP pension input amounts 492
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 476
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 438
- EPS and CIS deductions 293
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 285
- Construction CIS LLP Company 276
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 238
- SAGE winforecast 198
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 188
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 182