Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- I have missing sales invoices 339 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 183 1
- is my company accounts right? 641 16
- Invoice Help 346 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 215 8
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 343 5
- What are options for non CA firm 2,391 51
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 349 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 940 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,042 26
- Directors Subsistence 184 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 240 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 417 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 264 3
- Final year's accounts 337 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,913 27
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,486 20
- Free Shares ? 329 6
- Dividend dates 333 6
- Sxx rather than sxx 303 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 552
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 314
- Cancelled 264
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 223
- Married woman dies owning marital home 216
- Probiz 205
- What's the market like for temps? 200
- CIS Deductions 162
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 158