Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- vat gross margins 170 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 150 4
- e mail 61 1
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 779 8
- Auto enrolment 562 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,335 6
- VAT on new build property 136 2
- Auto enrolment 289 9
- SAGE 50 2011 113 1
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 161 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,621 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,845 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 175 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 884 18
- 1st year reporting under FRS 102 - Property revaluation 249 5
- IFA giving dodgy advice? 379 9
- Recommendations for Accounting Software 274 4
- Training (again) 333 4
- Online Back Up 433 9
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 207 5
- NHS finance professionals 667
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 410
- Foreign Pension Contribution 375
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 363
- vat gross profit percentage margins 356
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 347
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 309
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 271
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 226
- IFA income recognition & reporting 211