Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 688 5
- See you all on the other side 727 6
- 12Pay 492 2
- dividends 683 2
- R&D 343 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,206 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 457 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 449 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 401 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 562 5
- Seeking a tax case 669 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 533 4
- Companies house strike off 610 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 456 2
- Moving to the cloud 764 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 224 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 925 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 225 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,108 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 517 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 570
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 424
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 359
- Capitalising Finance Lease 337
- USA help 324
- Marginal rates of tax 323
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 321
- Class 2 NI 309
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 300