Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- 2 companies, one payroll 212 8
- The importance of Grammar 1,849 55
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 102 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 596 12
- Freelance/Employee 400 10
- Freehold management company 148 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 237 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 216 6
- System selection 233 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 126 1
- Director Liability 133 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 168 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 387 4
- exemptions from CIS 264 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 585 10
- Xero Pain Points 658 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 283 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 261 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,710 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 408 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 357
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 335
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 318
- Electric Car 267
- S222 Charge 231
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 230
- Company Structure 208
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 173
- IP trans to holding company 169