Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 99 1
- Registration as self-employed 35 1
- BrightPay 1,079 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 471 7
- Regular Director bonus 399 10
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 263 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,049 17
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 894 13
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 594 14
- BIK for an electric car 146 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,609 90
- Corporation Tax Software 361 10
- How do I save face? 2,263 14
- Goodie bag 3,041 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 106 1
- How many associated companies 183 2
- Signed accounts for a lender 444 17
- can I approach clients ? 930 11
- Secure document exchange 588 6
- New Agency rules - who's responsible? 177 2
- Possible Partnership? 681
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 532
- Fuming! 501
- New Fangled Penalties 465
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 330
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 271
- Moving away from CCH software 261
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 251
- Outsource Data Entry 250
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 204