Partnership property owned by partner and Entrepreneurs relief
The partnership along with it's business premises and my client partner have been together for decades. He (the partner) and his wife (who is not a partner and has nothing to do with the business) own the premises and want to sell or transfer it when he retires soon.
To gain ER on the whole of the property would it be OK for her to transfer her share to him before the retirement and then for him to sell/transfer it all on his retirement?
From what I can tell it's his involvement in the business that requires a one year qualification whereas I can't see anything that requires the same for his ownership of the whole property.
The above is a simplified version of the actual facts but I'm hoping someone else may have dealt with something similar. By the way, in case anyone asks, yes they did charge a rent and so there will be a restriction in ER, however, considering how long the property has been owned, it will be minimal.
Thanks in advance.
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 10 1
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 181 5
- dreaded p11d dispensation 118 5
- What should I do for 'free' 682 8
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 263 2
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 293 8
- Accounting for share for share 45 3
- Sportman claiming for training kit 62 2
- Use of home for storage 372 7
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 103 1
- Company Accounts 298 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,453 349
- disclosue checklist 85 2
- Mortgage deposit Gift 540 25
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 65 1
- FIFA game and making money 1,460 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 220 7
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 223 2
- Current Asset Investment 157 4
- corp tax software 106 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,194
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 411
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 312
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 240
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 228
- Franchise income and costs 209
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 193