Paying a friend to stay at their house.
I have a client who is a director of a limited company who has to go to meetings in London. Sometimes he stays at a friends house instead of staying in a hotel. The director wants to pay his friend an amount of money, say £50 a night, for staying there instead of paying £100+ to stay in a central London hotel. The company does not have any kind of dispensation in place.
If the company were to reimburse the £50 what would the tax implications be for the director?
Am I right in thinking there would be no tax or NI payable by either the director or the company with the only implication being that the reclaimed expense should be included on the P11d?
If you could point me in the right direction of the guidance on the HMRC website, that would be fantastic.
- New Employers Helpline 167 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 137 3
- Software recommendations 229 1
- Share transfer question 349 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 280 7
- The stupidity continues 331 10
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 143 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,385 19
- Overlap relief 747 19
- What is IRIS World like? 343 8
- Pension contributions 358 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 134 4
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 474 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 162 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 462 9
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 256 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 201 1
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 557 10
- Budget 2015 - take two 223 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 216 4
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 433
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 428
- WIP Software 292
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 286
- No payroll scheme in place 226
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 224
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 204
- Is there anything wrong with this? 196
- Small Part Disposal of Property 177
- Uncommercial property business 173