Paying a friend to stay at their house.
I have a client who is a director of a limited company who has to go to meetings in London. Sometimes he stays at a friends house instead of staying in a hotel. The director wants to pay his friend an amount of money, say £50 a night, for staying there instead of paying £100+ to stay in a central London hotel. The company does not have any kind of dispensation in place.
If the company were to reimburse the £50 what would the tax implications be for the director?
Am I right in thinking there would be no tax or NI payable by either the director or the company with the only implication being that the reclaimed expense should be included on the P11d?
If you could point me in the right direction of the guidance on the HMRC website, that would be fantastic.
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 270 6
- flat rate scheme 2,443 51
- Importing transactions from VT Cashbook to VT Transaction+ 59 1
- Family Partnership 352 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,268 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 92 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 206 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 332 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 118 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 349 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 229 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 209 6
- Business trips - director and family 442 3
- Signed accounts for bank 698 15
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 340 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 246 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 132 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 888 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 243 5
- VAT Query on new build 151 1
- Sainsbury's mangement 1,045
- Calling franchise accountants 894
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 590
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 515
- Scammers 509
- MERGER ACCA MEMBER WITH ICAEW FIRM 458
- Potential new client 458
- HMRC online filing 409
- fraud 279
- Anyone offering Probate Services yet? 201