Paying a friend to stay at their house.
I have a client who is a director of a limited company who has to go to meetings in London. Sometimes he stays at a friends house instead of staying in a hotel. The director wants to pay his friend an amount of money, say £50 a night, for staying there instead of paying £100+ to stay in a central London hotel. The company does not have any kind of dispensation in place.
If the company were to reimburse the £50 what would the tax implications be for the director?
Am I right in thinking there would be no tax or NI payable by either the director or the company with the only implication being that the reclaimed expense should be included on the P11d?
If you could point me in the right direction of the guidance on the HMRC website, that would be fantastic.
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 177 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 208 3
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 425 11
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 257 10
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 110 2
- Was I rude 800 20
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 289 9
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 214 8
- IRIS Open Books problem 292 1
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 287 7
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 198 6
- Non-compete agreement 185 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 200 1
- Any views 741 1
- IRIS Practice Management 147 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 110 2
- Pre- trading Expenses 100 1
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 178 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 310 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 261 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,485
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 823
- International interest certificate 448
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 422
- Sale of business 396
- NOVA 294
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 207
- Bonus Bonds 179
- Management expenses for investment company 175
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 169