Paying a friend to stay at their house.
I have a client who is a director of a limited company who has to go to meetings in London. Sometimes he stays at a friends house instead of staying in a hotel. The director wants to pay his friend an amount of money, say £50 a night, for staying there instead of paying £100+ to stay in a central London hotel. The company does not have any kind of dispensation in place.
If the company were to reimburse the £50 what would the tax implications be for the director?
Am I right in thinking there would be no tax or NI payable by either the director or the company with the only implication being that the reclaimed expense should be included on the P11d?
If you could point me in the right direction of the guidance on the HMRC website, that would be fantastic.
- Past rental expenses 325 6
- Let Property Campaign - Joint Owner Died 108 3
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,225 26
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,452 35
- Accountant let me down 612 6
- 2020 Annual Conference 160 2
- Professional Clearance 1,214 29
- Client right to working papers 1,434 10
- Growth Street 163 2
- Client has two UTRS, How do you get HMRC to correct this? 239 9
- Microsoft One Drive 620 23
- SA302's - What's the deal? 500 8
- Online Back Up 288 7
- Filing a company valuation with HMRC 104 1
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage Brokering 130 1
- Vat application refused 217 1
- Professional Clearance 430 6
- Self-employed 588 14
- Redeemable loan note - loss 106 1
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 325 3
- NHS finance professionals 631
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 401
- Foreign Pension Contribution 368
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 345
- vat gross profit percentage margins 344
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 321
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 299
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 290
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 248
- IFA income recognition & reporting 209