Paying a friend to stay at their house.
I have a client who is a director of a limited company who has to go to meetings in London. Sometimes he stays at a friends house instead of staying in a hotel. The director wants to pay his friend an amount of money, say £50 a night, for staying there instead of paying £100+ to stay in a central London hotel. The company does not have any kind of dispensation in place.
If the company were to reimburse the £50 what would the tax implications be for the director?
Am I right in thinking there would be no tax or NI payable by either the director or the company with the only implication being that the reclaimed expense should be included on the P11d?
If you could point me in the right direction of the guidance on the HMRC website, that would be fantastic.
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 152 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 255 7
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 45 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 777 32
- Classic cars investment 214 6
- BrightPay 571 16
- VAT silly question 2,376 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,075 10
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 132 2
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 251 5
- Federation Accounts 358 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 539 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 287 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 154 2
- Late reply from HMRC 259 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 287 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,671 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,426 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,797 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 509 11
- Benchmarking 487
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 406
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 346
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 205
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 202
- Clubs and Taxable Income 186
- Income tax on foreign dividends 185
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 182