Paying a friend to stay at their house.
I have a client who is a director of a limited company who has to go to meetings in London. Sometimes he stays at a friends house instead of staying in a hotel. The director wants to pay his friend an amount of money, say £50 a night, for staying there instead of paying £100+ to stay in a central London hotel. The company does not have any kind of dispensation in place.
If the company were to reimburse the £50 what would the tax implications be for the director?
Am I right in thinking there would be no tax or NI payable by either the director or the company with the only implication being that the reclaimed expense should be included on the P11d?
If you could point me in the right direction of the guidance on the HMRC website, that would be fantastic.
- Ltd company or sole trader 41 1
- Insolvent Liquidation 104 1
- insolvency ip control 155 1
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 299 3
- Free Agent data? 85 1
- Generic PAYE notices 70 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 123 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 514 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 535 12
- Fee protection 88 1
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 114 3
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 72 1
- UK company avoiding tax 182 2
- Finland 76 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 962 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 168 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 505 8
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,198 40
- reconcile Invoice finance bank statement on sage 106 1
- Closing Limited Company 383 10
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- South African Government Pension 136