Paying a friend to stay at their house.
I have a client who is a director of a limited company who has to go to meetings in London. Sometimes he stays at a friends house instead of staying in a hotel. The director wants to pay his friend an amount of money, say £50 a night, for staying there instead of paying £100+ to stay in a central London hotel. The company does not have any kind of dispensation in place.
If the company were to reimburse the £50 what would the tax implications be for the director?
Am I right in thinking there would be no tax or NI payable by either the director or the company with the only implication being that the reclaimed expense should be included on the P11d?
If you could point me in the right direction of the guidance on the HMRC website, that would be fantastic.
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 262 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 62 1
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,435 21
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 75 1
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 80 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,039 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 382 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 125 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 191 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 112 1
- FPS or EPS 133 2
- Continuity of Practice 189 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 121 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 311 10
- Scams are not always obvious 2,208 34
- Financial statements accounting policies 245 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 161 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 297 10
- Online Downtime 337 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 332 3
- Moving away from CCH software 948
- QROP pension input amounts 437
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 380
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 355
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 323
- fraud 283
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 252
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 223
- Construction CIS LLP Company 210
- EPS and CIS deductions 196