Paying a friend to stay at their house.
I have a client who is a director of a limited company who has to go to meetings in London. Sometimes he stays at a friends house instead of staying in a hotel. The director wants to pay his friend an amount of money, say £50 a night, for staying there instead of paying £100+ to stay in a central London hotel. The company does not have any kind of dispensation in place.
If the company were to reimburse the £50 what would the tax implications be for the director?
Am I right in thinking there would be no tax or NI payable by either the director or the company with the only implication being that the reclaimed expense should be included on the P11d?
If you could point me in the right direction of the guidance on the HMRC website, that would be fantastic.
- Dress code 1,190 27
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 672 9
- carry back of gift aid 48 1
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 678 18
- Scottish Independance 440 13
- How to complain about HMRC 923 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 323 8
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 71 2
- NOMINAL CODES 310 4
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 163 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 700 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 278 9
- Interest relief before property is rented out 226 4
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 367 7
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 422 9
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 98 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 248 1
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 334 12
- How much did you pay for your website 1,605 27
- Dividend 439 6
- CTA study material 746
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 460
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 339
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 273
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 244
- Expat pension contributions? 236
- Trust for Employee 226
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 130