Paying a friend to stay at their house.
I have a client who is a director of a limited company who has to go to meetings in London. Sometimes he stays at a friends house instead of staying in a hotel. The director wants to pay his friend an amount of money, say £50 a night, for staying there instead of paying £100+ to stay in a central London hotel. The company does not have any kind of dispensation in place.
If the company were to reimburse the £50 what would the tax implications be for the director?
Am I right in thinking there would be no tax or NI payable by either the director or the company with the only implication being that the reclaimed expense should be included on the P11d?
If you could point me in the right direction of the guidance on the HMRC website, that would be fantastic.
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,494 81
- When to register or not for PAYE 144 2
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 534 23
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 541 8
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 400 6
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 498 5
- Assets at strike off 108 3
- Business only use of company car 783 29
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 194 5
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,134 34
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,211 30
- New Company reviews please 663 16
- Voluntary Disclosure 437 8
- Gift to son by parents 227 1
- valuation of vehicles 501 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 316 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 241 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 455 3
- BTC is slow 326 3
- Director registration for SA question 566 17
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 330
- Any thoughts on Capium? 274
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 266
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 254
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 232
- auto enrolment 210
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 190
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 180
- How to account for investment in JV? 171
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 161