Paying a friend to stay at their house.
I have a client who is a director of a limited company who has to go to meetings in London. Sometimes he stays at a friends house instead of staying in a hotel. The director wants to pay his friend an amount of money, say £50 a night, for staying there instead of paying £100+ to stay in a central London hotel. The company does not have any kind of dispensation in place.
If the company were to reimburse the £50 what would the tax implications be for the director?
Am I right in thinking there would be no tax or NI payable by either the director or the company with the only implication being that the reclaimed expense should be included on the P11d?
If you could point me in the right direction of the guidance on the HMRC website, that would be fantastic.
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 310 15
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 920 44
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,249 417
- Is this fraud? 500 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 53 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 258 4
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 25 1
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 152 4
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 143 1
- Naming new company 303 6
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 485 20
- Saying goodbye 529 14
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 131 1
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 192 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 646 5
- Pension Contributions Relief 395 12
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 90 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 791 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,485 31
- Tax on private fuel for own car 222 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,281
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 457
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 265
- Franchise income and costs 243
- Hands on experience of Digita 205
- Employer's Helpline 151
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 151
- employment capital allowances 142