Paying a friend to stay at their house.
I have a client who is a director of a limited company who has to go to meetings in London. Sometimes he stays at a friends house instead of staying in a hotel. The director wants to pay his friend an amount of money, say £50 a night, for staying there instead of paying £100+ to stay in a central London hotel. The company does not have any kind of dispensation in place.
If the company were to reimburse the £50 what would the tax implications be for the director?
Am I right in thinking there would be no tax or NI payable by either the director or the company with the only implication being that the reclaimed expense should be included on the P11d?
If you could point me in the right direction of the guidance on the HMRC website, that would be fantastic.
- Gift of property & improvements 63 1
- VAT Invoice 31 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 143 2
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 220 10
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 739 29
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 106 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 399 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 320 8
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 104 6
- Help with tax codes on Sage 228 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 138 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 244 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 137 4
- SA302's anyone?? 508 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,610 41
- Renting for military reasons 157 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,548 18
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,040 18
- Deed of variation on a will & effect on tax returns 120 2
- do i pay vat when buying a business 520 25
- Skandia using wrong address 1,615
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 895
- International interest certificate 507
- NOVA 366
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 284
- Management expenses for investment company 259
- Bonus Bonds 258
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 170
- tax on apprenticeship income 166
- P11D benefit received by widow 147