Is this pedantic and is there any point?
Taken on a client recently from another firm. It's only a small concern in any case.
However, the previous adviser appears to have claimed AIA on items introduced (per their schedule provided) on 06/04/2005... the majority of which are labelled "building works" (for a garage used to store Stock I believe).
Obviously this isn't correct. The client says the works and assets noted were indeed bought some time ago.
No tax is at stake as a loss was made (and not relieved). Just seems a bit silly and gives me discomfort over the other figures/affairs.
Should I bother making an issue of it?
- Clothing 368 6
- Why do I do this every year 506 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,648 43
- HMRC filing meltdown? 672 23
- Self assesment online 1,054 13
- client can't/won't pay 1,990 43
- Xero sales report by customer - how? 103 1
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 54 3
- Anybody Use Brightpay 738 20
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 240 4
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 255 11
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 136 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 139 4
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 157 2
- Non resident income. 485 21
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 299 22
- Hobby Horse 825 8
- What sectors to target? 626 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 289 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 206 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 939
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 656
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 585
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 422
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 317
- Scratch Head 249
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 242
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 182