Is this pedantic and is there any point?
Taken on a client recently from another firm. It's only a small concern in any case.
However, the previous adviser appears to have claimed AIA on items introduced (per their schedule provided) on 06/04/2005... the majority of which are labelled "building works" (for a garage used to store Stock I believe).
Obviously this isn't correct. The client says the works and assets noted were indeed bought some time ago.
No tax is at stake as a loss was made (and not relieved). Just seems a bit silly and gives me discomfort over the other figures/affairs.
Should I bother making an issue of it?
- New Employers Helpline 169 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 143 3
- Software recommendations 233 1
- Share transfer question 349 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 284 7
- The stupidity continues 341 10
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 145 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,393 19
- Overlap relief 747 19
- What is IRIS World like? 344 8
- Pension contributions 360 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 136 4
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 476 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 165 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 464 9
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 260 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 202 1
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 557 10
- Budget 2015 - take two 223 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 218 4
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 433
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 428
- WIP Software 292
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 286
- No payroll scheme in place 227
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 224
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 204
- Is there anything wrong with this? 196
- Small Part Disposal of Property 177
- Uncommercial property business 173