Is this pedantic and is there any point?
Taken on a client recently from another firm. It's only a small concern in any case.
However, the previous adviser appears to have claimed AIA on items introduced (per their schedule provided) on 06/04/2005... the majority of which are labelled "building works" (for a garage used to store Stock I believe).
Obviously this isn't correct. The client says the works and assets noted were indeed bought some time ago.
No tax is at stake as a loss was made (and not relieved). Just seems a bit silly and gives me discomfort over the other figures/affairs.
Should I bother making an issue of it?
- Benefit in Kind 382 9
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,424 43
- How much does the company pay 236 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 209 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 954 14
- Am I getting Soft?? 433 11
- Cocaine anyone? 755 12
- Personal pension 486 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 638 22
- FAO BTC tech geek type people 157 2
- Help with CGT please 159 3
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,502 5
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 329 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 338 17
- Will I need to resign? 979 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 278 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 219 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 234 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 189 2
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 767 13
- Hive up 526
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 485
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 306
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 253
- WWOOFers 249
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 226
- The booking.com con 207
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 205
- Cocaine anyone? 186