Peer to Peer Lending-Invoice discounting
Earlier in the year there was a discussion on AWEB re:peer to peer lending and invoice discounting.
If you are interested in this subject there is a case analysis by Alan Berg in Journal of Business Law.
I have a PDF copy but not sure about copyright and dont want to turn Henry red !
Journal Article - Case Comment
Charges over book debts: the Spectrum case in the Court of Appeal.
Publication Date: 2004
Subject: Banking and finance. Other related subjects: Insolvency
Keywords: Book debts; Debentures; Fixed charges; Floating charges; Liquidation; Priorities
Abstract: Examines the Court of Appeal's ruling in Re Spectrum Plus Ltd (In Liquidation) on whether a charge over a company's present and future book debts, expressed to be a fixed charge and contained in a debenture given to a bank, should be recharacterised as a floating charge after the company went into creditors' voluntary liquidation. Considers the significance of a covenant to pay the proceeds of the book debts into the company's account with the bank in order to secure an overdraft facility, noting the requirements to be met by the debenture for the charge to be characterised as fixed, and highlights the issues to be resolved by the House of Lords.
Cases cited: Siebe Gorman & Co Ltd v Barclays Bank Ltd  2 Lloyd's Rep. 142 (Ch D)
Brumark Investments Ltd, Re  UKPC 28;  2 A.C. 710 (PC (NZ))
Spectrum Plus Ltd (In Liquidation), Re  EWCA Civ 670;  Ch. 337 (CA (Civ Div))
© 2012 Sweet & Maxwell
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 15 1
- Turnover on a tax return 493 11
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,223 34
- incorrect old p60 537 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 63 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 169 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 107 1
- Special dividends & CGT 183 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 147 1
- Networking 335 5
- VAT refund 276 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 267 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 298 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 141 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 328 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 268 2
- IT Contractor 281 1
- Sage instant account codes 189 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 288 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 329 4