Peer to Peer Lending-a warning
Is Peer to Peer lending the next disaster waiting to happen?
Such lending is not covered by the Financial Compensation Scheme which applies to bank savings to a max of £85,000.
Presumably,a lender lends initally to the organisation who then in turns lends to individual borrowers and so the contract is between organisation and lender.If the organisation employees either bankrupt or steal the funds lenders only rank as unsecured creditors?
Is an average 8% interest rate adequate compensation for taking such a risk.I would have expected 8% for secured lending.
Peer to Peer organisations have gone bust in the past.
Only the future will prove if this analogy is correct.
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 215 6
- Rental property company 159 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 146 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 395 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 411 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 314 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,458 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,178 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 379 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 283 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 274 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 396 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 193 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 214 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 159 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 534 5
- Director's tax return 415 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 197 3
- Flat rate vat 261 2
- Coming in from the cold 419 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 828
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 575
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 446
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 297
- Director Loan account operation 282
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 269
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 241
- Paye procedures for CVA 183