Peer to Peer Lending-a warning
Is Peer to Peer lending the next disaster waiting to happen?
Such lending is not covered by the Financial Compensation Scheme which applies to bank savings to a max of £85,000.
Presumably,a lender lends initally to the organisation who then in turns lends to individual borrowers and so the contract is between organisation and lender.If the organisation employees either bankrupt or steal the funds lenders only rank as unsecured creditors?
Is an average 8% interest rate adequate compensation for taking such a risk.I would have expected 8% for secured lending.
Peer to Peer organisations have gone bust in the past.
Only the future will prove if this analogy is correct.
- FAO BTC tech geek type people 127 2
- Benefit in Kind 359 8
- Help with CGT please 136 3
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 610 21
- How much does the company pay 178 3
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 912 12
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,491 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 169 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 324 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 333 17
- Will I need to resign? 969 11
- Cocaine anyone? 710 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 266 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 196 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 222 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 187 2
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 753 13
- Personal pension 465 9
- Business rates consultancy 280 4
- Wrong tax code 224 6
- Hive up 525
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 482
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 306
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 251
- WWOOFers 247
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 226
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 204
- The booking.com con 201
- Cocaine anyone? 184