Peer to Peer Lending-a warning
Is Peer to Peer lending the next disaster waiting to happen?
Such lending is not covered by the Financial Compensation Scheme which applies to bank savings to a max of £85,000.
Presumably,a lender lends initally to the organisation who then in turns lends to individual borrowers and so the contract is between organisation and lender.If the organisation employees either bankrupt or steal the funds lenders only rank as unsecured creditors?
Is an average 8% interest rate adequate compensation for taking such a risk.I would have expected 8% for secured lending.
Peer to Peer organisations have gone bust in the past.
Only the future will prove if this analogy is correct.
- Money Laundering and handover 90 1
- Does a UK LTD pay Corporation Tax before sending dividend to Holding Company? 140 3
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 975 47
- New starter error how to correct 104 2
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 242 4
- Summer house for business only 225 2
- Taxi Plate & Car 194 5
- Dividends out of profit where P&L bfwd is in deficit 156 4
- SA316s 252 4
- Director with lots of personal expenses 117 2
- LEL and PAYE registration 131 2
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 599 13
- Filing amended tax return 138 1
- Tier One Tribunal 229 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 845 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 126 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 142 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 267 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 172 2
- Another transfer of property 164 2
- Construction CIS LLP Company 614
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 600
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 390
- Pensions Regulator 360
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 297
- Using the correct forms 272
- RTI - duplicate employee record 269
- SA penalty proposals 260
- Accelerated payment notices 241
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 238