Peer to Peer Lending-a warning
Is Peer to Peer lending the next disaster waiting to happen?
Such lending is not covered by the Financial Compensation Scheme which applies to bank savings to a max of £85,000.
Presumably,a lender lends initally to the organisation who then in turns lends to individual borrowers and so the contract is between organisation and lender.If the organisation employees either bankrupt or steal the funds lenders only rank as unsecured creditors?
Is an average 8% interest rate adequate compensation for taking such a risk.I would have expected 8% for secured lending.
Peer to Peer organisations have gone bust in the past.
Only the future will prove if this analogy is correct.
- VAT - Medical Staff 158 2
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,113 13
- Really?! 800 10
- CIS 195 5
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,164 16
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,371 26
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 646 15
- VAT 701/49 query 220 2
- backpack 290 3
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 152 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 239 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 343 8
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 194 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 360 5
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 155 2
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 192 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 123 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 251 6
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 464 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 904 12
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 704
- 2015 tax year end 439
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 415
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 355
- Costly Accounting Software contract 311
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 254
- Directors' advances and credits 253
- DTA tie-breaker issue 238
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 221
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 202