Our practice made a mistake last year when filing the P35's - our payroll staff marked a Client's P35 as having been filed when it hadn't been.
We were unaware of the problem until the Revenue issued a penalty notice in Nov '10 for £700.00. We appealed on the grounds that this was unreasonable - the appeal was rejected and we then asked for a review which upheld the decision.
Is it worth going to tribunal ?? We have so little faith in the system that we can see that it will just get thrown out on the grounds that we are technically in the wrong.
But we feel very strongly that this is nothing short of leglised theft. Any ideas ??
- Xerocon 2016 1,017 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,189 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 229 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 241 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 593 12
- Personal Tax 494 11
- USA Tax Query 169 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,660 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 290 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 600 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 350 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 412 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 176 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 335 4
- last minute request 516 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46