Personal Allowances for Hong Kong national?
I have a husband and wife resident in Hong Kong with UK rental income. The husband is UK domiciled and the rental income is covered by his UK personal allowance, however, his wife is a Hong Kong national and up until 2010/11 I was claiming UK personal allowance as a Commonwealth citizen. I don't think this is the case for 2011/12 and wondered if anyone can confirm to me if she can claim UK personal allowance for 2011/12 - I suspect not.
I would be grateful if anyone could assist me with this please.
- Community Faux Pas 306 15
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 282 5
- check v enquiry v discovery 142 2
- Amend a 2010/11 return 274 4
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,304 23
- Owner director gym membership 222 6
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 178 6
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,838 34
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,509 36
- Tax Fines - HMRC 589 8
- Practical experience 684 13
- Has this payroll data been created retrospectively? 159 2
- Autumn statement predictions 824 9
- Travelling expenses 164 3
- Exemption from CGT 448 12
- J10 - stock transfer form 102 2
- Post AAT? 458 1
- Do I need to register for VAT 212 11
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 135 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 708 28