Personal Allowances for Hong Kong national? | AccountingWEB

Personal Allowances for Hong Kong national?

I have a husband and wife resident in Hong Kong with UK rental income. The husband is UK domiciled and the rental income is covered by his UK personal allowance, however, his wife is a Hong Kong national and up until 2010/11 I was claiming UK personal allowance as a Commonwealth citizen.  I don't think this is the case for 2011/12 and wondered if anyone can confirm to me if she can claim UK personal allowance for 2011/12 - I suspect not.

I would be grateful if anyone could assist me with this please.




Amanda Lambert



There are 5 comments. Login or register to view them.

but Hong Kong is NOT IN the Commonwealth!

Hansa |
Hansa's picture

Hong Kong Investor

halblackburn |

Thanks for your help. It

Amanda Lambert |

Thanks for your advice. It

Amanda Lambert |

Hong Kong resident and Personal Allowances

Amanda Lambert |