Personal Allowances for Hong Kong national?
I have a husband and wife resident in Hong Kong with UK rental income. The husband is UK domiciled and the rental income is covered by his UK personal allowance, however, his wife is a Hong Kong national and up until 2010/11 I was claiming UK personal allowance as a Commonwealth citizen. I don't think this is the case for 2011/12 and wondered if anyone can confirm to me if she can claim UK personal allowance for 2011/12 - I suspect not.
I would be grateful if anyone could assist me with this please.
- Family Partnership 122 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,027 32
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 36 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 334 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 91 3
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 704 11
- flat rate scheme 2,215 41
- HMRC Postal Delays 367 10
- Can anybody recommend any software 147 1
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,360 14
- Legal advisor recommendation please 269 5
- Closure of PAYE scheme 186 2
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 189 2
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 191 3
- Termination Payment 507 15
- Company Share Buy Back 344 8
- P11D Car Value 139 2
- Business lending another business money (UK) 251 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 301 5
- bookkeeping system 701 9