Personal bank statements again!
Whilst been discussed many a time on here I'd just like to run our situation through with others for opinions, feedback, thoughts, arguments etc.
We're a small accountancy practise (two man pship) and an enquiry is being made into our partnership return (10/11), all records have been provided by hand to the inspector per his detailed request, which match the figures on the return. Our records are, in my opinion at least, perfect, as should any accountancy practice be.
Now we've received a letter back stating that because we didn't bank the cash income declared he wants to see our personal bank statements, credit card etc in our own names. In response I've replied cash wasnt banked due to bank charges plus it was used to buy business expenses (of which a full analysis was provided with supporting invoices). Also told the inspector he's being unreasonable and that there are no rules that stipulate cash income must be banked, as long as its declared.
Have yet to hear back but can assure we will fight tooth and nail with HMRC on this one for the general privacy and rights of decent tax payers.
Anyone who can share similar experiences be appreciated.
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 180 5
- 27,000 Really? 1,161 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,842 60
- Legal title not in the company name 799 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 349 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 316 8
- Opening Balances 210 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 593 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 129 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 97 1
- This is getting boring 626 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 270 7
- pension paid by company? 127 3
- inheritance tax 432 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 353 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 231 4
- State pension 304 3
- Accountancy Career 150 1
- CIC Company 659 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,823 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 642
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 355
- Cancelled 338
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 310
- Probiz 306
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 280
- How not to compose an email 269
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224