Personal bank statements again!
Whilst been discussed many a time on here I'd just like to run our situation through with others for opinions, feedback, thoughts, arguments etc.
We're a small accountancy practise (two man pship) and an enquiry is being made into our partnership return (10/11), all records have been provided by hand to the inspector per his detailed request, which match the figures on the return. Our records are, in my opinion at least, perfect, as should any accountancy practice be.
Now we've received a letter back stating that because we didn't bank the cash income declared he wants to see our personal bank statements, credit card etc in our own names. In response I've replied cash wasnt banked due to bank charges plus it was used to buy business expenses (of which a full analysis was provided with supporting invoices). Also told the inspector he's being unreasonable and that there are no rules that stipulate cash income must be banked, as long as its declared.
Have yet to hear back but can assure we will fight tooth and nail with HMRC on this one for the general privacy and rights of decent tax payers.
Anyone who can share similar experiences be appreciated.
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,094 28
- Classic cars investment 362 11
- National Insurance Contributions 137 2
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 200 4
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 257 4
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 527 13
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 866 23
- break even point 698 20
- Asset holding company 272 6
- How much to charge? 468 7
- VAT GUIDE - 22-25 AGENTS OR EQUIVALENT 322 6
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 288 1
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 3,043 36
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 869 8
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 239 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 453 13
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 673 9
- HMRC - Sage Backup 274 5
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,199 29
- BrightPay 754 23
- Possible Partnership? 481
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 453
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 449
- New Fangled Penalties 263
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 246
- Clubs and Taxable Income 237
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 235
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 223
- Loans to other companies 181
- Tasbook email configuration 168