Personal bank statements again!
Whilst been discussed many a time on here I'd just like to run our situation through with others for opinions, feedback, thoughts, arguments etc.
We're a small accountancy practise (two man pship) and an enquiry is being made into our partnership return (10/11), all records have been provided by hand to the inspector per his detailed request, which match the figures on the return. Our records are, in my opinion at least, perfect, as should any accountancy practice be.
Now we've received a letter back stating that because we didn't bank the cash income declared he wants to see our personal bank statements, credit card etc in our own names. In response I've replied cash wasnt banked due to bank charges plus it was used to buy business expenses (of which a full analysis was provided with supporting invoices). Also told the inspector he's being unreasonable and that there are no rules that stipulate cash income must be banked, as long as its declared.
Have yet to hear back but can assure we will fight tooth and nail with HMRC on this one for the general privacy and rights of decent tax payers.
Anyone who can share similar experiences be appreciated.
- Accounting for share for share 49 4
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 13 1
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 185 5
- dreaded p11d dispensation 121 5
- What should I do for 'free' 682 8
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 264 2
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 294 8
- Sportman claiming for training kit 64 2
- Use of home for storage 373 7
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 103 1
- Company Accounts 299 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,455 349
- disclosue checklist 86 2
- Mortgage deposit Gift 540 25
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 65 1
- FIFA game and making money 1,463 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 220 7
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 223 2
- Current Asset Investment 157 4
- corp tax software 106 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,194
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 411
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 312
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 240
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 228
- Franchise income and costs 209
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 193