Personal bank statements again!
Whilst been discussed many a time on here I'd just like to run our situation through with others for opinions, feedback, thoughts, arguments etc.
We're a small accountancy practise (two man pship) and an enquiry is being made into our partnership return (10/11), all records have been provided by hand to the inspector per his detailed request, which match the figures on the return. Our records are, in my opinion at least, perfect, as should any accountancy practice be.
Now we've received a letter back stating that because we didn't bank the cash income declared he wants to see our personal bank statements, credit card etc in our own names. In response I've replied cash wasnt banked due to bank charges plus it was used to buy business expenses (of which a full analysis was provided with supporting invoices). Also told the inspector he's being unreasonable and that there are no rules that stipulate cash income must be banked, as long as its declared.
Have yet to hear back but can assure we will fight tooth and nail with HMRC on this one for the general privacy and rights of decent tax payers.
Anyone who can share similar experiences be appreciated.
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 533 4
- Wrong career 89 5
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,847 28
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 177 5
- Newsletter 234 5
- RTI Filing 1,754 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 87 1
- Fee's for P11D's 298 5
- Agent with HMRC 238 10
- Quarterly PAYE 231 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 50 1
- reporting salary? 172 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 324 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 273 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 103 3
- Value pricing 589 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 391 1
- Childcare Vouchers 175 3
- Audit Report Query 189 5
- Coming in from the cold 227 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 771
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 524
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 393
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 276
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 218
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 217
- Director Loan account operation 208
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 205
- Free Tax Legislation? 180
- vat return 171