Personal bank statements again!
Whilst been discussed many a time on here I'd just like to run our situation through with others for opinions, feedback, thoughts, arguments etc.
We're a small accountancy practise (two man pship) and an enquiry is being made into our partnership return (10/11), all records have been provided by hand to the inspector per his detailed request, which match the figures on the return. Our records are, in my opinion at least, perfect, as should any accountancy practice be.
Now we've received a letter back stating that because we didn't bank the cash income declared he wants to see our personal bank statements, credit card etc in our own names. In response I've replied cash wasnt banked due to bank charges plus it was used to buy business expenses (of which a full analysis was provided with supporting invoices). Also told the inspector he's being unreasonable and that there are no rules that stipulate cash income must be banked, as long as its declared.
Have yet to hear back but can assure we will fight tooth and nail with HMRC on this one for the general privacy and rights of decent tax payers.
Anyone who can share similar experiences be appreciated.
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 52 2
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 132 8
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 282 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 60 1
- Your comments please 223 5
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 59 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 87 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 169 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 83 1
- CGT history of shares 135 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 689 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 189 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 115 2
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 204 2
- Closing my business down 369 20
- Recording Calls 114 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 95 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,305 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,507 21
- What do you all do in your spare time? 934 36
- Moving away from CCH software 960
- QROP pension input amounts 446
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 390
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 370
- fraud 292
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 266
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 235
- Construction CIS LLP Company 222
- EPS and CIS deductions 213
- Out of time or not? 199