Personal bank statements again!
Whilst been discussed many a time on here I'd just like to run our situation through with others for opinions, feedback, thoughts, arguments etc.
We're a small accountancy practise (two man pship) and an enquiry is being made into our partnership return (10/11), all records have been provided by hand to the inspector per his detailed request, which match the figures on the return. Our records are, in my opinion at least, perfect, as should any accountancy practice be.
Now we've received a letter back stating that because we didn't bank the cash income declared he wants to see our personal bank statements, credit card etc in our own names. In response I've replied cash wasnt banked due to bank charges plus it was used to buy business expenses (of which a full analysis was provided with supporting invoices). Also told the inspector he's being unreasonable and that there are no rules that stipulate cash income must be banked, as long as its declared.
Have yet to hear back but can assure we will fight tooth and nail with HMRC on this one for the general privacy and rights of decent tax payers.
Anyone who can share similar experiences be appreciated.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 680 5
- See you all on the other side 723 6
- 12Pay 483 2
- dividends 667 2
- R&D 338 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,202 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 452 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 437 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 389 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 560 5
- Seeking a tax case 663 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 524 4
- Companies house strike off 596 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 452 2
- Moving to the cloud 761 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 221 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 917 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 223 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,103 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 512 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 568
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 423
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 377
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 334
- USA help 321
- Marginal rates of tax 319
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 315
- Class 2 NI 303
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 297