Personal bank statements again!
Whilst been discussed many a time on here I'd just like to run our situation through with others for opinions, feedback, thoughts, arguments etc.
We're a small accountancy practise (two man pship) and an enquiry is being made into our partnership return (10/11), all records have been provided by hand to the inspector per his detailed request, which match the figures on the return. Our records are, in my opinion at least, perfect, as should any accountancy practice be.
Now we've received a letter back stating that because we didn't bank the cash income declared he wants to see our personal bank statements, credit card etc in our own names. In response I've replied cash wasnt banked due to bank charges plus it was used to buy business expenses (of which a full analysis was provided with supporting invoices). Also told the inspector he's being unreasonable and that there are no rules that stipulate cash income must be banked, as long as its declared.
Have yet to hear back but can assure we will fight tooth and nail with HMRC on this one for the general privacy and rights of decent tax payers.
Anyone who can share similar experiences be appreciated.
- VAT and customer entertaining 226 3
- The importance of Grammar 1,339 41
- Moneysoft - technical query 483 13
- tax saving on card points 257 7
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 225 6
- Hold on a minute (pun intended) 1,268 11
- Xero Pain Points 553 18
- supply teachers working through Ltd co 142 2
- Best way to draw a salary? 706 12
- PI cover 246 4
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 954 15
- VAT - How hard is it? 739 26
- Profit split from an investment property 191 6
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,442 39
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 172 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 278 6
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 268 9
- Scissors 896 24
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 445 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 466 10
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 373
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 330
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 308
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 300
- Electric Car 250
- S222 Charge 219
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 215
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 201
- Company Structure 197
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 178