Personal bank statements again!
Whilst been discussed many a time on here I'd just like to run our situation through with others for opinions, feedback, thoughts, arguments etc.
We're a small accountancy practise (two man pship) and an enquiry is being made into our partnership return (10/11), all records have been provided by hand to the inspector per his detailed request, which match the figures on the return. Our records are, in my opinion at least, perfect, as should any accountancy practice be.
Now we've received a letter back stating that because we didn't bank the cash income declared he wants to see our personal bank statements, credit card etc in our own names. In response I've replied cash wasnt banked due to bank charges plus it was used to buy business expenses (of which a full analysis was provided with supporting invoices). Also told the inspector he's being unreasonable and that there are no rules that stipulate cash income must be banked, as long as its declared.
Have yet to hear back but can assure we will fight tooth and nail with HMRC on this one for the general privacy and rights of decent tax payers.
Anyone who can share similar experiences be appreciated.
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 11 1
- Not renewing AAT 618 8
- Self-assessment statistics 2,411 56
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,720 51
- New dividend taxation 332 2
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 110 1
- Company car v company allowance 216 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 423 9
- Company formation and bank account 365 9
- Next Move 644 18
- Owning overseas property 304 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 281 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 223 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 688 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 641 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 242 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 417 8
- OneNote is fantastic 578 11
- VAT Direct Debit 391 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 474 8
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 664
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 405
- Property letting & CAs 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 391
- 2015 tax year end 389
- FCA regulated company in a small group 344
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 311
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 238
- DTA tie-breaker issue 209
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 204