Personal bank statements again!
Whilst been discussed many a time on here I'd just like to run our situation through with others for opinions, feedback, thoughts, arguments etc.
We're a small accountancy practise (two man pship) and an enquiry is being made into our partnership return (10/11), all records have been provided by hand to the inspector per his detailed request, which match the figures on the return. Our records are, in my opinion at least, perfect, as should any accountancy practice be.
Now we've received a letter back stating that because we didn't bank the cash income declared he wants to see our personal bank statements, credit card etc in our own names. In response I've replied cash wasnt banked due to bank charges plus it was used to buy business expenses (of which a full analysis was provided with supporting invoices). Also told the inspector he's being unreasonable and that there are no rules that stipulate cash income must be banked, as long as its declared.
Have yet to hear back but can assure we will fight tooth and nail with HMRC on this one for the general privacy and rights of decent tax payers.
Anyone who can share similar experiences be appreciated.
- A Friday Funny. 79 4
- Is it any of my business ? 1,388 14
- Accounting for display stands 148 5
- vat gross profit percentage margins 394 1
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 262 4
- VAT training 133 3
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 320 6
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 146 1
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 348 9
- Companies House Search 200 2
- HMRC Online Services Problems 543 14
- AML reporting to NCA 113 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,491 25
- VAT on new build property 284 5
- Who gets the CGT deduction 158 1
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,805 15
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,451 24
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 570 16
- Outsourcing 128 1
- Goodwill on incorporation 190 1
- NHS finance professionals 695
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 426
- Foreign Pension Contribution 396
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 379
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 375
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 327
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 295
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 264
- IFA income recognition & reporting 219
- Incorporating doctors 214