Personal bank statements again!
Whilst been discussed many a time on here I'd just like to run our situation through with others for opinions, feedback, thoughts, arguments etc.
We're a small accountancy practise (two man pship) and an enquiry is being made into our partnership return (10/11), all records have been provided by hand to the inspector per his detailed request, which match the figures on the return. Our records are, in my opinion at least, perfect, as should any accountancy practice be.
Now we've received a letter back stating that because we didn't bank the cash income declared he wants to see our personal bank statements, credit card etc in our own names. In response I've replied cash wasnt banked due to bank charges plus it was used to buy business expenses (of which a full analysis was provided with supporting invoices). Also told the inspector he's being unreasonable and that there are no rules that stipulate cash income must be banked, as long as its declared.
Have yet to hear back but can assure we will fight tooth and nail with HMRC on this one for the general privacy and rights of decent tax payers.
Anyone who can share similar experiences be appreciated.
- What are options for non CA firm 1,611 25
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 76 1
- How to make restoration of corrupted excel 2007 file? 102 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,875 35
- Real names 1,124 34
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 514 23
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 139 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,381 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 678 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 240 7
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 108 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 137 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 294 5
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,985 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,962 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 93 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 123 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 167 4
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 122 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 90 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 582
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 456
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 354
- IFA incorporation 338
- Sorry ignore me 324
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 277
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 272
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 262
- Cancelled 205
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 175