Personal bank statements again!
Whilst been discussed many a time on here I'd just like to run our situation through with others for opinions, feedback, thoughts, arguments etc.
We're a small accountancy practise (two man pship) and an enquiry is being made into our partnership return (10/11), all records have been provided by hand to the inspector per his detailed request, which match the figures on the return. Our records are, in my opinion at least, perfect, as should any accountancy practice be.
Now we've received a letter back stating that because we didn't bank the cash income declared he wants to see our personal bank statements, credit card etc in our own names. In response I've replied cash wasnt banked due to bank charges plus it was used to buy business expenses (of which a full analysis was provided with supporting invoices). Also told the inspector he's being unreasonable and that there are no rules that stipulate cash income must be banked, as long as its declared.
Have yet to hear back but can assure we will fight tooth and nail with HMRC on this one for the general privacy and rights of decent tax payers.
Anyone who can share similar experiences be appreciated.
- Telephone call from "Xero" 410 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 108 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,167 46
- dividend 142 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 110 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 250 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 166 3
- Irish Taxation 137 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 304 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 510 6
- Drector renting room to company 90 1
- Off site storage 149 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 599 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 248 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 348 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 236 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 326 4
- Self assesment losses 322 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 173 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 185 1
- Xtuple 563
- Qtac payroll for bureau 386
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 341
- Domain name sale and limited company 232
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 211
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 208
- Investment 204
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 180
- Tax on damages received 179
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 149