Personal bank statements again!
Whilst been discussed many a time on here I'd just like to run our situation through with others for opinions, feedback, thoughts, arguments etc.
We're a small accountancy practise (two man pship) and an enquiry is being made into our partnership return (10/11), all records have been provided by hand to the inspector per his detailed request, which match the figures on the return. Our records are, in my opinion at least, perfect, as should any accountancy practice be.
Now we've received a letter back stating that because we didn't bank the cash income declared he wants to see our personal bank statements, credit card etc in our own names. In response I've replied cash wasnt banked due to bank charges plus it was used to buy business expenses (of which a full analysis was provided with supporting invoices). Also told the inspector he's being unreasonable and that there are no rules that stipulate cash income must be banked, as long as its declared.
Have yet to hear back but can assure we will fight tooth and nail with HMRC on this one for the general privacy and rights of decent tax payers.
Anyone who can share similar experiences be appreciated.
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 356 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,416 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 167 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 438 12
- Share premium or Directors Loan 736 30
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 115 3
- What would you do in this situation? 155 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 139 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 609 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 640 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 93 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 344 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 247 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 220 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 398 6
- NOVA 557 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 277 10
- Regional Development Grant 126 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,430 21
- Company car without a salary 239 2
- Bonus Bonds 391
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 378
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 290
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 259
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 188
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 179
- Finance Lease 157
- Company Car Lease 155
- Form 42 149
- Demerger Reserve 132