personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 276 14
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 655 12
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 60 2
- Personal pension 430 9
- Business rates consultancy 255 4
- Wrong tax code 143 6
- Benefit in Kind 233 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 66 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 242 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,050 31
- Deferred Tax 460 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 202 1
- You know its over 477 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 241 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 141 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 223 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,268 14
- Cocaine anyone? 615 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 143 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 178 3
- Hive up 508
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 473
- corporate hierarchy 450
- Advice - 290
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 235
- WWOOFers 229
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 215
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 191
- The booking.com con 167
- UK State pension paid in NZ 162