personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,052 29
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 425 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 206 6
- VAT silly question 2,261 51
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 156 6
- Classic cars investment 150 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 236 3
- Cater Allen Commission 121 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 231 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 718 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 110 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 65 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 92 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 118 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 497 13
- Sage at it again? 365 5
- BrightPay 510 13
- Is this a scam? 1,594 27
- S455 458 21
- client issues 333 4
- Benchmarking 468
- Possible Partnership? 416
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 402
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 388
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 332
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 195
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 176
- Income tax on foreign dividends 172
- Clubs and Taxable Income 169
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 165