personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- The stupidity continues 142 3
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 45 3
- Pension contributions 333 10
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 126 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 440 9
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 439 10
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 245 6
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 239 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 191 1
- Share transfer question 316 16
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 545 10
- New Employers Helpline 146 3
- Overlap relief 732 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,320 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 204 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 197 4
- VAT Query 200 2
- Sacked my first client 687 14
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 269 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,276 24
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 430
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 423
- WIP Software 288
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 284
- No payroll scheme in place 220
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 219
- Software recommendations 205
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 199
- Is there anything wrong with this? 191
- Small Part Disposal of Property 172