personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 24 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 239 6
- CIS 29 1
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 591 12
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 93 1
- Really?! 663 9
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 277 4
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 159 3
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 447 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 888 12
- Is the CT61 return dead? 265 4
- Car Purchase 124 1
- Directors liability insurance and scope 158 7
- IR35 114 1
- Car benefit or not? 1,910 18
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 280 3
- Questions from Liquidator 2,264 24
- Drawing Down Directors Current account 1,577 9
- backpack 237 2
- VAT - Medical Staff 135 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 703
- 2015 tax year end 436
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 412
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 350
- Costly Accounting Software contract 302
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 254
- Directors' advances and credits 249
- DTA tie-breaker issue 238
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 220
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 201