personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,358 39
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 103 4
- When does my Property business start 126 2
- Employment status 474 9
- Foreign Premium Distributions 150 1
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 777 15
- Company Pension Contributions 161 3
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 125 1
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 377 9
- Seafarers Earnings Deduction - how is Gibraltar treated? 185 5
- Preparing a consolidated TB 145 3
- How to Value a Business 396 7
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 1,116 19
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 123 2
- Fastest Software 527 7
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,577 68
- Vat threshold issues 1,452 12
- Charging for book-keeping on a 'per transaction' basis 786 19
- How much did you pay for your website 410 12
- Sage Payroll & NIC 343 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 585
- CTA study material 583
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 353
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 281
- Employment related securities question 217
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 187
- ATED Penalties 182
- AIM Stocks and IHT 169
- Trust for Employee 121
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 119