personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- Need help with How much or do I charge to much 196 4
- Allowable expenses on retal property 147 2
- Identity Checks 94 1
- Mandatory Capitalisation 122 2
- Running Sage on a Mac 111 1
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,322 94
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 284 5
- Cash bashed (FRS) vs cash accounting (standard VAT)? 131 2
- notarising & legalising documents 176 4
- question 438 4
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 411 11
- Income prior to company formation 217 8
- VAT on farm machinery sold 133 2
- Seeking advice: Tax on investing in a subsidiary 157 6
- Property pages or self-employed? 163 2
- Any thoughts on Capium? 426 3
- When to register or not for PAYE 462 8
- Can criminal action be a defence? 216 5
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,420 14
- National Living Wage: creating jobs or unemployment? 317 6
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 399
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 290
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 261
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 257
- French ConnectionUK 204
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 192
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 187
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 183
- APN's 175
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 149