personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- Director Loan account operation 424 2
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 156 2
- Giving advice to friends / family 201 3
- Clever way to split cells? 41 1
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 492 16
- Tax implications of soletrader gifting money 57 3
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 207 6
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 233 5
- Business travel apps 191 4
- Clarify the tax position 121 2
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 365 5
- Free Tax Legislation? 428 1
- VAT BOX 6 & 7 errors 207 7
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 375 3
- Foreign national, UK resident 134 1
- Director leaving in month 1 258 5
- Secondment expenses 198 6
- Basic RTI - how to re-enter lost data? 94 2
- Accountancy software for an imac 335 7
- Strategic Report 88 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 918
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 646
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 357
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 324
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 233
- Paye procedures for CVA 225
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 202
- Pension Fixed Protection 164
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 163
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 162