personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 224 5
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 159 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 248 14
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 492 23
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 145 4
- HMRC SA software error? 93 1
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 153 6
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 960 43
- Treatment of income for sole trader 100 2
- wave software 116 1
- Freelance software consultant 326 5
- client can't/won't pay 301 11
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,142 14
- Window Comb Binder Cover 106 2
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 219 5
- losses carried forward 372 10
- Auto enrolment 1,625 26
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 224 8
- VT 364 7
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 710 18
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 780
- Copy Wanted 497
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 454
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 451
- Latest phishing scam 281
- Entrepreneurs' relief 267
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 262
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 246
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 233
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 229