personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- Changing shareholding ratio 62 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 99 1
- SA1 forms 335 12
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 119 5
- Goodwill Entrepreneurs Relief 74 1
- ICPA 418 6
- Do I need to see receipts ? 679 10
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 138 5
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 519 12
- VAT on services to EC customer 163 3
- Delayed option to tax 174 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 219 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 833 23
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 338 3
- Cloud backups – know what you are getting … 417 7
- Redundancy Pay 333 4
- question about merging two companies... 200 1
- Latest repayment email =interesting paragraph 442 3
- CG on Spanish property disposal 236 7
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 527 5
- Sainsbury's mangement 819
- Avanti Accounts 672
- Have I done the right thing? 645
- Calling franchise accountants 629
- Continuity Agreement 625
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 482
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 320
- Advice please! 227
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 211