personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 271 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 39 1
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 50 1
- Your comments please 209 5
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 47 1
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 119 7
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 87 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 164 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 80 1
- CGT history of shares 132 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 681 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 189 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 109 2
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 200 2
- Closing my business down 359 20
- Recording Calls 108 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 90 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,298 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,507 21
- What do you all do in your spare time? 932 36
- Moving away from CCH software 960
- QROP pension input amounts 446
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 390
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 370
- fraud 292
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 266
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 235
- Construction CIS LLP Company 222
- EPS and CIS deductions 213
- Out of time or not? 199