personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- Does this annoy anyone else ? 3,214 41
- Recharge for private use of a company car 99 1
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 338 7
- Wear and tear allowance 435 10
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 112 3
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 183 6
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 224 14
- Residency test 191 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 190 3
- VAT Turnover 96 1
- HMRC - No Deadline to Respond? 121 1
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 119 4
- Company purchase of shares 278 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 118 2
- VAT QUESTION 156 2
- Holding on to fees paid monthly for work not yet done? 1,125 14
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,256 15
- Why should I retain membership? 2,287 35
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 496 14
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 690 10
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 688
- Auto enrolment excuses 634
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 363
- Social investment tax relief 178
- Call Centre Data Costs 175
- Digita Hosted Software 172
- option to tax 157
- VAT on deposits 141
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 135
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 131