personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- Any Scottish members out there? 5,930 208
- Trademark Fun 96 5
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,456 38
- Can I strike off a company by filing DS01 online? 122 2
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 156 3
- Subsistence - god I hate it! 634 14
- How to issue a loan correctly? 174 2
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 151 1
- Recycle old study books 349 9
- Share for share exchange 134 3
- Wind turbines 130 1
- Looking for a qualified accountant 509 2
- Locum Doctor claiming costs for Home Office 181 2
- FL Memo - Any Good 402 7
- VAT claim 353 6
- How to reclaim input tax from mixed use redevelopment? 161 6
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 401 9
- State Pension 1,209 10
- Late Corporation tax return 355 7
- The iIns and outs of VAT 378 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,057
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 339
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 287
- National Insurance 241
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 222
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 221
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 205
- Payments on account coded out?? 201
- Non Resident 159
- Franchise income and costs 139