personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,691 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 82 1
- Accounts Software 145 5
- HMRC Agents Line 204 4
- calculation DTR restriction 85 1
- Company Director In Prison 455 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 77 1
- AWeb - download file 173 3
- Charity work 241 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 258 6
- Director Drawings 174 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 268 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 232 7
- Collection or business assets 114 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 273 8
- Tax position re this lease? 372 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 731 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 108 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,675 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 93 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 679
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 520
- Cancelled 428
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 328
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 243
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203