personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- Partnership returns software 111 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 816 18
- Tasks for new trainees 169 4
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 284 10
- VAT on garage rent 149 9
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 97 1
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 171 3
- Property scam victim 323 5
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 251 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 66 1
- Have i messed up? 757 11
- Are HMRC getting it right? 426 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 64 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 121 2
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 83 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 87 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 580 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 110 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,659 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 276 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,100
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 579
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 386
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 291
- Charge out rates in London? 246
- Interest on Loan to a Company 191
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 176
- Agent fees to sell business 166
- Alphabet shares 164
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 157