personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 617 5
- See you all on the other side 676 6
- 12Pay 442 2
- dividends 596 2
- R&D 310 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,171 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 436 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 394 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 368 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 538 5
- Seeking a tax case 637 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 500 4
- Companies house strike off 533 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 415 2
- Moving to the cloud 735 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 214 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 893 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 206 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,088 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 489 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 560
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 371
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 323
- USA help 315
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 295
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 288
- Marginal rates of tax 279
- Class 2 NI 268