personal tax in Sri Lanka from UK dividend income
I have a client who is resident in Sri Lanka and runs a wholesale business from their.
He is looking to setup a retail business in the UK.
How would his income from this UK business be taxed in Sri Lanka.
From what I have read so far any dividends received would be taxable at 15%. would the dividend received be the grossed up dividend and if so what happens to the notional 10%?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance in this area.
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 73 2
- Overlap profit 277 6
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 282 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,041 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 79 1
- Payments on account 135 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 36 1
- What do your junior staff do? 489 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 594 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 368 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 511 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 112 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,903 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 304 3
- On the high seas 96 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 133 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 853 34
- Payroll question 140 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,918 106
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 239 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 846
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 442
- Sanzar 337
- How do you do it 332
- Digital marketing focus group 310
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 289
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 204
- Fit for purpose 199
- new investor structure 195
- VAT Registration 178