Client purchased and lived in home 'A' for a year while working self-employed (he's not a builder).
Due to lack of work client then did some property improvements on home A to 'fill a year when I had little work on but had some savings and time to invest'.
Time goes on.
Client manages to get a loan to purchase property 'B'
Spent lots of time doing it up (as it was a wreck) before finally moving into it.
Lived in house A all the time until B was complete and habitable - then moved into house B and put house A on the market.
House A was purchased in March 2006 for £200,000.
House B was purchased in October 2008.
Client moved into House B early 2011.
House A marketed for sale from time house B was occupied. Never been rented out, still empty, on market at a reduced price of £300,000.
If there is a gain on house A (I don't know as I don't have all the figures), do I have a problem with PPR relief and CGT on house A or do we just have to write to HMRC explaining the situation and the timeline, as it's now over two years since the purchase of house B?
Or am I worrying un-necessarily?
Any comments gratefully received.
- Trust setting on HMRC CT600 93 4
- Employee tears suit... 166 3
- PAYE & NIC 734 35
- About your hairdresser clients 439 17
- Related party not trading -should debt be written off ? 30 1
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,518 28
- Great Service 1,219 16
- Keytime 241 2
- Income £10k salary and £20k net dividends 436 16
- £NIL EPS's wiping out CIS deductions 269 4
- When was the requirement for Ltd. company to have at least two shareholders abolished? 177 5
- HMRC's "HVA" list .... High Volume Agents 721 9
- Sports Club and Partial Exemption for VAT 181 1
- HMRC debt collectors 217 3
- Selling Fees 357 6
- Getting a business loan with a personal default 220 7
- Bright Pay 135 1
- Can an EPS be resent? 132 3
- Can't vote dividends due to minority shareholder 524 11
- Entrepreneurs relief 132 1
- Sanzar 526
- Digital marketing focus group 411
- Sainsbury's mangement 375
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 372
- Continuity Agreement 352
- Avanti Accounts 352
- Buyback 305
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 252
- Aggresive sales from Iris 245
- Charity volunteers and mileage 205