Client purchased and lived in home 'A' for a year while working self-employed (he's not a builder).
Due to lack of work client then did some property improvements on home A to 'fill a year when I had little work on but had some savings and time to invest'.
Time goes on.
Client manages to get a loan to purchase property 'B'
Spent lots of time doing it up (as it was a wreck) before finally moving into it.
Lived in house A all the time until B was complete and habitable - then moved into house B and put house A on the market.
House A was purchased in March 2006 for £200,000.
House B was purchased in October 2008.
Client moved into House B early 2011.
House A marketed for sale from time house B was occupied. Never been rented out, still empty, on market at a reduced price of £300,000.
If there is a gain on house A (I don't know as I don't have all the figures), do I have a problem with PPR relief and CGT on house A or do we just have to write to HMRC explaining the situation and the timeline, as it's now over two years since the purchase of house B?
Or am I worrying un-necessarily?
Any comments gratefully received.
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 66 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 68 1
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 489 10
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 186 4
- Which software for practice books? 356 15
- Illegal dividends and prior year accounts errors 195 6
- Pension contributions > £50k BRB effect 85 2
- VAT enquiry 148 2
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 473 15
- Inheritance tax 252 13
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 77 1
- Accountant software 308 8
- Enquiry charge out rates - benchmarking 149 3
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 287 6
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 117 5
- Tax residence 100 2
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 149 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,689 33
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 238 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,913 22
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 654
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 488
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 452
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 279
- How to format a stock book 238
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 198
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 192
- Tax efficient holding company structure 180
- Investment property company accounts template 168
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 165