Client purchased and lived in home 'A' for a year while working self-employed (he's not a builder).
Due to lack of work client then did some property improvements on home A to 'fill a year when I had little work on but had some savings and time to invest'.
Time goes on.
Client manages to get a loan to purchase property 'B'
Spent lots of time doing it up (as it was a wreck) before finally moving into it.
Lived in house A all the time until B was complete and habitable - then moved into house B and put house A on the market.
House A was purchased in March 2006 for £200,000.
House B was purchased in October 2008.
Client moved into House B early 2011.
House A marketed for sale from time house B was occupied. Never been rented out, still empty, on market at a reduced price of £300,000.
If there is a gain on house A (I don't know as I don't have all the figures), do I have a problem with PPR relief and CGT on house A or do we just have to write to HMRC explaining the situation and the timeline, as it's now over two years since the purchase of house B?
Or am I worrying un-necessarily?
Any comments gratefully received.
- Coding Notice 147 4
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 126 3
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 109 2
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 428 7
- Vat 270 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,267 13
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 337 7
- Why should I retain membership? 2,702 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 185 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 150 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,482 18
- CT/CIS offset 135 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 186 4
- Trade name 187 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 138 1
- New business - journal entries 319 20
- B2B vat in the EU 124 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 317 18
- VAT on deposits 209 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 140 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 807
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 710
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 390
- Social investment tax relief 208
- Digita Hosted Software 203
- Call Centre Data Costs 193
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 162
- Travel costs and contractors 155
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 148
- Certificates of tax deposit 140