Client purchased and lived in home 'A' for a year while working self-employed (he's not a builder).
Due to lack of work client then did some property improvements on home A to 'fill a year when I had little work on but had some savings and time to invest'.
Time goes on.
Client manages to get a loan to purchase property 'B'
Spent lots of time doing it up (as it was a wreck) before finally moving into it.
Lived in house A all the time until B was complete and habitable - then moved into house B and put house A on the market.
House A was purchased in March 2006 for £200,000.
House B was purchased in October 2008.
Client moved into House B early 2011.
House A marketed for sale from time house B was occupied. Never been rented out, still empty, on market at a reduced price of £300,000.
If there is a gain on house A (I don't know as I don't have all the figures), do I have a problem with PPR relief and CGT on house A or do we just have to write to HMRC explaining the situation and the timeline, as it's now over two years since the purchase of house B?
Or am I worrying un-necessarily?
Any comments gratefully received.
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 519 18
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 264 3
- Fees 462 6
- HMRC Post 579 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 429 8
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 173 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 440 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 288 3
- www.pool.adzio 156 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 187 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,879 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 285 3
- Transactions with directors 478 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 313 9
- Non VAT invoices 248 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,434 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 279 5
- Form 17 Download 196 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 598 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 409 4
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 766
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 419
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 370
- Electric Car 303
- S222 Charge 250
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 214
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 190
- AIA 188
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 182